Air is one of the main ten elements in the Skylanders series. The vast and mysterious element combines the others in a number of interesting and unusual ways. Colors associated with the element are cyan, and occasionally white and azure.
Air surrounds us constantly. It clings to our lungs when we breathe. It is with us all the time, and yet we can neither see it nor feel it. Unless, of course, it wants us to. The skies above, around and often below, Skylands are infinite, meaning the Air Element may hold a limitless number of secrets that weren't yet aware of. This makes the Air element one of the most mysterious of them all.
Skylanders of the Air element have balanced fighting styles. Characters in the game who are associated with the element of Air use the manipulation of wind and weather to their advantage against their foes. They have a strong advantage against Skylanders who are associated with the element of Earth in the Battle Arena, but are not very strong against Fire Skylanders
Air-based Skylanders also stand on a pedestal made of clouds when they are in their toy form.
In the turret challenges in Skylanders: Trap Team, Air Skylanders have the special ability Tornado, which immobilizes enemies. In Kaos Doom Challenge, they can summon a large fan which charges up an eletric blast, which can be upgraded to have multiple lightning containers for shots that spread to nearby enemies.
In Skylanders: SuperChargers, Air-aligned Portal Master Powers include a damaging wind aura, an eletric pulse and a temporary Speed boost.They occur in many conditions, and the name are as follows:
- Cyclonic Shield
- Stormy Entrance
- Tempest Strike
- Stormy Desperation
Air Imaginators can choose from four different abilities as their secondary attack:
|Air Elemental Imaginator Powers|
The first two of these powers are unlocked at the start of the game, the other two are unlocked by leveling up your Imaginator.
Mastered Storm Cloud
Mastered Twisting Tornadoes
Shockingly Swift Step
Mastered Shockingly Swift Step
Toucan Zap You
Mastered Toucan Zap You
Press Attack 2 to summon a storm cloud that chases enemies.
Press Attack 2 to create powerful tornadoes that track down targets.
Press Attack 2 to dash forward, pulling enemies to your starting point and shocking them.
Press Attack 2 to call in two bird allies that drop lightning explosives.
The default color schemes for Air Imaginators are called Artic Breeze, Polar Chill, Storm Cloud, Aqua Marine, Glacial Frost, Jolly Green and Fresh Powder. Parts unlocked by Air Creation Crystals are from the Birdman set, including a full body, tail and a bit of armor.
Air Elemental Characters
Air Elemental Items
| Air Traps
|Air Creation Crystals|
| Clown Cruiser
|Lord Stratosfear's Storm Striker|
| Sky Slicer
Battlecast Spell Cards
Air Spells are as unexpected as the weather. From damage, to debuffs, to card drawing, or to swapping enemies, it has many uses and masters none.
The scrapped team spell for this element is the Tempest of Air, in which the characters combine their attacks for more damage for each Air character on the team.
|Tiny Twister||Arkeyan Desk Fan - Relic||Shock|
|Gust||Shower of Sparks||Smoke Screen|
|Windfall||Azurite Weathervane - Relic||Dust Devil|
Draw two cards.
|Atlas of Ages - Gear||Lightning Strike||Splintering Gale|
|Thunder and Lightning||Torrent of Air|
- In Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure, Air-based Skylanders are one of the three elemental characters who do not build a bridge when opening their elemental gates, the others being Water and Fire. Instead, they teleport through a swirling vortex of wind.
- Both Sonic Boom and Warnado have the Air elemental symbol on their heads.
- Gusto's the only one who has it on his belly.
- None of the Air Skylanders made an appearance in the trailers and commercials for Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure. However, Jet-Vac appears and speaks in the trailers for Skylanders: Giants, Skylanders: Swap Force and the the first trailer for Skylanders: Trap Team.
- In Giants, the music from Stormy Stronghold plays in the Air elemental zones.
- In Skylanders: Battlegrounds and some websites, the element is sometimes erroneously referred to as "Wind" instead of "Air", such as the Element of the Day.
- In the 3DS version of both games, every Air Skylander can glide or hover.
- While most Air Skylanders can fly for a limitless amount of time, only Jet-Vac and Swarm can only fly for a short period of time and then return to the ground. Lightning Rod is the only one that cannot fly as an attack, though he can still travel over water. Swarm however, can fly infinitely if he goes over water.
- Jet-Vac is the only Air Skylander in Giants who can't go over water.
- This element has more quadruped Skylanders than any other element.
- Before SuperChargers, all the female Skylanders in this element were quadrupeds.
- This element has the least variants out of the original eight elements.
- None of the Air or Tech Villain quests are mini-games.
- This element has more female villains (Dreamcatcher and Bad Juju) than any other element.
- Lightning Rod is so far the only Air Skylander that does not stand on the base, instead the clouds are his lower half.
- Oddly, most of the Imaginator color schemes are named after icy and oceanic winds, powers relating to Water, possibly refering to wind currents.