- “Ready, Set, Glow!”
- —Astroblast's official catchphrase
Astroblast is a curious type who won't back down from a fight. He's always prepared to protect people and relics from danger. 
While on a secret mission in troll territory, Astroblast crash landed on a remote island where he stumbled upon an ancient relic not seen in thousands of years - a legendary Rift Engine. These magical machines were believed to have the power to travel through the portals between Skylands and other worlds! Shortly after the discovery, an army of trolls appeared on a nearby canyon ridge and quickly charged toward Astroblast. Knowing that the Rift Engine would be very dangerous in the wrong hands, he pulled out his pulse laser and prepared to defend the relic against the incoming horde. After an epic shootout, the trolls fled in defeat. When Astroblast then brought the relic back to his ship, the Sun Runner, it surged with power and a hologram of Master Eon appeared. Eon thanked him for saving the Rift Engine and beckoned him to return it to the Skylander Academy. Astroblast accepted the invitation and was made a Skylander shortly thereafter.
Astroblast can use his special class EZ 9000 laser gun to shoot enemies his with, and also throw out space rocks that when shot, create a light show that damages enemies underneath. When upgraded a bit, he can kick enemies that get close away from him and then blast them with his laser gun. Additionally, the lasers can bounce off walls without any upgrading. All of this combined means that Astroblast is most effective at holding his ground and protecting a location.
Unfortunately Astroblast is very fragile due to his low health and armor, meaning that players should be careful and take care when playing as him.
- Health: 180 (Lv. 20: 540)
- Speed: 35
- Armor: 18
- Critical Hit: 6
- Elemental Power: 25
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 175
- Defense: 150
- Agility: 165
- Luck: 210
These stats are used in Skylanders: SuperChargers Racing.
- Top Speed: 20
- Acceleration: 15
- Handling: 8
- Firepower: 9
- Armour: 13
In Skylanders: SuperChargers Racing, Astroblast is true to the style of classic Advanced class kart drivers. His Top Speed is maxed out to the highest possible for a driver, his Acceleration is great, yet his Handling is only sub-par. His Firepower may only be decent, and his Armour might be really good, but Astroblast's true strength is his high-speed prowess.
As a SuperCharger, he has access to the vehicle mods. When paired with his Sun Runner, he gains an incredible boost to his Top Speed, which when combined with his and the Sun Runners already high Top Speed means that he is the fastest sky racing combination possible. His Acceleration and Handling also receive good boosts while his Firepower and Armour only receive minor boosts.
As an AI racer, he uses the Thump Truck with the Deep Bucket Bed mods for land races, the Dive Bomber with the Sub Stream Jets mods for sea races, and his Sun Runner with SuperCharged mods for sky races.
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
|Solar Flair||Asteroid Belt||
|Starsault||Solar Field||Solar Powered||Space Rocks!|
Press Attack 3 to kick close enemies and knock them away.
Fast-moving light particles around you protect your suit, improving your armor. Additionally, Life Skylanders near you regenerate health.
Hold Attack 1 to charge up Solar Flair with the light of hotter and hotter suns. Release to shoot a high-powered laser at enemies.
Hold Attack 3 to bring down an explosive space rock.
|Surface of the Sun||Meatier Meteors||Star Light: Star Bright|
Your Solar Field heats up and does damage to enemies that get too close.
Hold Attack 3 down longer to bring down a bigger (more explosive) space rock.
Rapidly press Attack 1 to fire Solar Flairs at its currently charged level. The charge will slowly diminish over time.
|Meteor Shower||Full Spectrum||Supernova|
Hold Attack 2 and release to lob multiple space rocks.
When you shoot a space rock, the dust will last longer.
Once before you lose your last hit point, you will go supernova and gain half health.
- "Ready, Set, Glow!"
- "I'm on a mission!"
- "Into the stratosphere!"
- "Better take cover!"
- "Cool Souvenir." - when putting on a hat
- "Ooh, new crash helmet!"
- "All systems go." - when entering a vehicle
- "Ready for launch."
- "Bingo!" - when exiting a vehicle
- "Yee haw!"
- "You need to be more careful!"
- "Modification complete." - occasionally when equipping mods
- "Treasure!" - when collecting treasure
- "Valuable artifacts!"
- "Out of this world!" - when leveling up
- "I'm in the ozone!"
- "Everything checks out." - checking stats
- "The only number that matters is número uno."
- "Series EZ 9000, actually. Ain't no one better with it than me."
- "Thanks. Nothin' to it, though... as long as you're me."
- "You don't recognize it? This ship did the Kettle Corn Run in less than 12 minutes."
- "That's just the kind of stuff you can expect from a guy like me."
- "Guts is my middle name, Buzz -- right after "Danger"."
- "Ha ha ha. Not too shabby, I agree. And thanks for recognizing my skill."
- Astroblast is the only Light Skylander introduced in SuperChargers.
- One of his quest quotes references Star Wars, with him talking about the Sun Runner in a similar manner to how Han Solo talks about the Millennium Falcon.
- Additionally, Astroblast mentions something called the Kettle Corn Run that it cleared in 12 minutes, referencing the Kessal Run that the Falcon cleared in twelve parsecs.
- He is the second Skylander with the ability to avoid being defeated (only in his Nova Hopper path and if his Supernova upgrade is purchased) by normal upgrades after Night Shift.
- He is the first Skylander whose name starts with an "A" (the second being Ambush).
- The Solar Field upgrade in Imaginators gives Astroblast +20 Armor.
- Astroblast is voiced by Neal McDonough, known for his portrayal of Lieutenant Lynn "Buck" Compton in Band of Brothers and Vincent Sofel in Paul Blart Mall Cop 2