|Appears in:|| Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure |
Skylanders: Cloud Patrol
Skylanders: The Machine of Doom
Skylanders: Swap Force
|Attacks/Actions:|| Dynamite Toss |
Triple Bundle Dynamite
|English Voice Actor:|| Freddie Winston (uncredited) |
Joey Camen (2012)
|First Release:||Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure|
- "Bring the Boom!"
- —Boomer's official catchphrase
Boomer is a green troll Skylander who loves to blow stuff up. He is of the Tech element, and is notable for being the only troll to have the honor of being a Skylander. He also has a St. Patrick's Day counterpart called Lucky Boomer, who is available only on Skylanders: Lost Islands.
Boomer was originally called Bomb Troll, and at first planned to be a grump old troll. That concept evolved quite a bit into what ultimately became Boomer. He went through at least five prototypes en route to his final and decidedly un-grumpy personality.
Dynamite and destruction is what Bomb Troll is all about. Thanks to his love of explosions, the Bomb Troll has been rejected from the Troll Kingdom and now roams the islands, laying destruction in his path.
Blowing things up is apparently Boomer's answer to everything. He is also known for his love of blowing stuff up; a trait that is shared by all the other Trolls in Skylands. However unlike his brethren, Boomer isn't interested in war and conquest, so he turned his back on the troll lifestyle. He is considered a little odd; if at a great but dangerous height, Boomer enjoys every minute of falling or barreling down towards the ground at a frightening pace, since the resulting crash will make a huge 'boom'. Yet for being a troll he is disgusted by the sight of trolls.
As a young troll, Boomer loved to blow things up -- particularly sheep. Later, he was drafted into the troll army, where they gave him LOTS of things to blow up. However, Boomer soon realized the sole mission of the army was war and conquest. Even though he was a troll, these things didn't interest him. So he left the trolls after saving a town from being destroyed by them. Not long after, he was invited to be a Skylander -- the only troll ever to win such an honor. Now he uses his explosive skills to fight evil... much to the relief of sheep everywhere.
As a young troll, Boomer liked nothing better than big bangs and blowing things up. His favorite target of all was sheep, which he loved to blast sky-high. So it was only natural that when he grew up he became an explosives expert in the troll army. But although the army delighted in Boomer's detonations, he soon felt something was wrong. The army was actually seemed to take all this war seriously. So Boomer scamped merrily to find some sheep instead. The Troll General erupted with anger when he heard that Boomer was gone. He needed his demolitions expert to blow up a dam and flood the village below. But Boomer had overheard the General's plans and intended to intervene.
So, while his former squad mates destroyed the dam, Boomer began throwing sticks of dynamite at a nearby flock of sheep. The sheep hurtled through the air and into the oncoming torrent of water where their thick wool began to soak it all up. By the time the water reached the first village house, the deluge had become a dribble. When Master Eon heard Boomer had rescued an entire village, he signed him up quick-smart. Now, Boomer's explosive skills are used only to terminate evil (and still occassionally sheep, although he'll deny it if you ask him).
Skylanders: The Machine of DoomBoomer was one of the Skylanders who was at Gill Grunt's concert on Eon's island in celebration of their latest victory over the forces of darkness. Like most of the Skylanders, Boomer didn't like Gill Grunt's singing, so the troll used dynamite sticks as earplugs to mute out the singing. However, Flynn's hot air balloon appears and was flying down out of control, soaring straight towards Boomer. Unaware of the danger due to his dynamite earplugs, Boomer was saved from the crash by Spyro, although not hearing anything due to the troll still having his earplugs on. While Spyro, Eruptor, and Gill Grunt went to investigate the happenings in the Mabu Market, Boomer was ordered by Eon to stay behind and help fix Flynn's hot air balloon.
He later joined the three Skylanders with Flynn on a quest to find the Chattering Key that is said to unlock a tomb that contains an ancient Arkeyan weapon that Kaos may be seeking. In the Forest of Fear, Boomer falls victim to the Fungus Rings of Despair, and the troll saw his worst fear come to life through hallucinations, being trapped in a doll's tea party (which is the greatest nightmare to any troll brought to life). He was soon freed by Spyro, and Boomer and the other Skylanders continued their way through the Forest. The Skylanders later find the Chattering Key that was being guarded by the statue of a stone wyvern and were able to collect it, thanks to a plan devised by Spyro. But the stone wyvern chased after them in hot pursuit, despite being slowed down by Boomer's dynamites and Gill Grunt's water cannon.
As the Skylanders were about to leave with the key, Kaos appears and reveals that he has captured Flynn, and was willing to exchange the Mabu for the Chattering Key. Not wanting to sacrifice Flynn for the sake of their mission, the Skylanders surrender the key to Kaos, who then uses it to open a tomb that contains the Machine of Doom inside the Pyramid of Just Rewards; its pillar firing a beam of light at the advancing stone wyvern, destroying it. The evil Portal Master keeps Flynn as a hostage to keep the Skylanders from following him and enter the tomb. With the help of the Chattering Key, the Skylanders enter the pyramid through the other side and reach The Machine of Doom, which Boomer really takes a shine to by the amount of weaponry it has installed. Kaos soon arrives, and the Skylanders engage the evil Portal Master's minions in combat while Boomer made his way to The Machine of Doom. Despite Spyro's warnings, the troll tried to pilot the Machine to use it against Kaos, unknowingly playing his part in the evil Portal Master' real scheme. Boomer loses control of the Machine as he tried to pilot the mech, which Kaos soon reveals that The Machine of Doom was really a trap designed by the Arkeyans to capture any who attempt to use The Machine of Doom to destroy the Core of Light.
Eventually, as the Skylanders rescued Flynn and struggled to escape the pyramid with Kaos' transport portal, Boomer gained control over The Machine of Doom, stopping Kaos before he could escape. The troll then used the crumbling machine to get out of the collapsing pyramid with the Skylanders and Kaos in tow, resulting in the Machine of Doom breaking apart. Although Kaos escaped, Boomer soon celebrated with his fellow Skylanders in their victory.
Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
Seeing the Core of Light destroyed would have been as hard for Boomer as any Skylander yet. Yet the explosion that followed must have been the best thing this pyrotechnic troll had ever seen. It's a pity he was too busy being banished to have a camera ready!
- Health: 230 (max. 460)
- Speed: 35 (max. 83)
- Armor: 18 (max. 48)
- Critical Hit: 50 (max. 100)
- Elemental Power: 39 (max. 89)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 70
- Defense: 50
- Agility: 40
- Luck: 75
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
| Soul Gem Ability|
Requires Soul Gem from:
|Dynamite Toss||Troll Smash||Troll Bomb Boot|
|Dynamite Fuse Fake-Out||Bash Smash||Troll Bomb||Triple Bundle Dynamite|
This upgrade path lets you further develop your Dynamite and Troll Bomb attacks.
|Bomblastic||Troll Bombs Away||An Accident Waiting to Happen|
This upgrade path lets you further develop your Smash attack.
|Havoc Smash||Stupification||Megaton Charged Super Smash|
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- Dynamite Lob (Primary Attack): Press (Y) to toss a stick of dynamite. Press (Y) in midair to propel Boomer upwards as he tosses.
- Blast Radius (Secondary Attack): Press (X) to blast the area around Boomer with explosives, damaging nearby enemies.
- Bombs Away! (requires level: 3): Sprint (A) to leave a trail of bombs behind Boomer. Press (B), (B) to double jump and drop a bomb beneath Boomer. Bombs will go off after a few seconds, damaging and stunning nearby enemies.
- Boom Barrel (requires level: 6): Wait a few seconds without pressing (Y) and Boomer will prepare a barrel full of dynamite. Press (Y) to throw the barrel. The barrel does extra damage when it explodes and will leave behind a fire that burns enemies for a few seconds.
- Blastoff! (requires level: 9): Hold (X) and Boomer will slam two sticks of dynamite into the ground. The blast will launch Boomer into the air and damage enemies both near and far.
- "Bring the Boom!"
- "Feel the boom!"
- "You got blowed up!"
- "Can't stop the boom!"
- "Ba-ba-ba-boom boom boom!"
- "Boom boom buh-boom!"
- "Haha! Boom!"
- "Blow it up!"
- "Blastin' through!"
- "Boom-ba-ba-boom woohoo!"
- "Big bang boom!"
- "Yeah! Boomer likes it!"
- "Bringin' the boom!" - entering an elemental area
- "Is that good? I can't count!" - checking stats
- "One, two, boom!" - checking stats
- "Badaboom!" - wearing a hat
- "Nice! I'm a little less ugly." - wearing a hat
- "Is that how you spell 'Boomer'?" - given a nickname
- "That name is dynamite!" - given a nickname
- "I couldn't hear ya, because it got BLOWED UP!"
- "Ah he's so money!" - Trigger Happy TV spot
- "He smashes, she slashes." - Stump Smash and Stealth Elf TV spot
- "That's one angry log!" - Tag Team TV spot
- Boomer, Trigger Happy, and Sprocket are the only Tech Skylanders who aren't robotic.
- Producer Michael Graham stated that Boomer had cybernetic arms and legs due to an accident. 
- In the Skylanders TV Commercials, Boomer talks with a New Jersey accent.
- His commercial voice is similar to Terrafin's voice.
- The iris and pupil in Boomer's right eye is bigger than his left eye.
- As revealed from an 2012 interview, Boomer's "Big Year" had been mentioned to be the year 2013, hinting that the third Skylanders installment, Skylanders: Swap Force would possibly have a storyline revolving around him or he will get a remake.
- Boomer is one of the original Skylanders who did not receive a Series 2 (The others being: Voodood, Ghost Roaster, Sunburn, Dino-Rang, Wham-Shell and Warnado (Although Wham-Shell and Warnado did get lightcore versions in Skylanders SWAP Force.)
- Boomer resembles Dr. Teeth and Crazy Harry from The Muppets.
- Boomer is one of the few Skylanders to have "Boom" in his name (others include Sonic Boom, Boom Jet and Shroomboom)
- In Swap Force, when Boomer performs his Soul Gem ability, "Troll Bomb Boot", his bombs actually roll instead of staying still while traveling in a straight line.
- Boomer's love of explosions is shown in the "Blow it up!" commercial as he tries to get Zook to blow something up in the game.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Secret Skylanders You’ve Never Seen
- ↑ Skylanders Official Sticker Book, page 77
- ↑ Skylanders: Book of Elements - Magic and Tech, page 54
- ↑ Expert Showcase: Skylanders SWAP Force - Producer Interview
- ↑ Skylanders 3 - Paul Reiche Talks Bafta, Lasers, Light-sensors, Voice, GPS...