- “Bring the Boom!”
- —Boomer's official catchphrase
Boomer is a green troll Skylander in Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure. He is of the Tech element, and is notable for being the only troll to have the honor of being a Skylander. He also has a St. Patrick's Day counterpart called Lucky Boomer, who is available only on Skylanders: Lost Islands.
Boomer was originally called Bomb Troll, and at first planned to be a grump old troll. That concept evolved quite a bit into what ultimately became Boomer. He went through at least five prototypes en route to his final and decidedly un-grumpy personality.
Dynamite and destruction is what Bomb Troll is all about. Thanks to his love of explosions, the Bomb Troll has been rejected from the Troll Kingdom and now roams the islands, laying destruction in his path.
Blowing things up is apparently Boomer's answer to everything. He is also known for his love of blowing stuff up; a trait that is shared by all the other Trolls in Skylands. However unlike his brethren, Boomer isn't interested in war and conquest, so he turned his back on the troll lifestyle. He is considered a little odd; if at a great but dangerous height, Boomer enjoys every minute of falling or barreling down towards the ground at a frightening pace, since the resulting crash will make a huge 'boom'. Yet for being a troll he is disgusted by the sight of trolls.
Boomer is bursting with manic energy, but is kind through and through. No wonder his troll mother never understood him.
As a young troll, Boomer loved to blow things up -- particularly sheep. Later, he was drafted into the troll army, where they gave him LOTS of things to blow up. However, Boomer soon realized the sole mission of the army was war and conquest. Even though he was a troll, these things didn't interest him. So he left the trolls after saving a town from being destroyed by them. Not long after, he was invited to be a Skylander -- the only troll ever to win such an honor. Now he uses his explosive skills to fight evil... much to the relief of sheep everywhere.
As a young troll, Boomer liked nothing better than big bangs and blowing things up. His favorite target of all was sheep, which he loved to blast sky-high. So it was only natural that when he grew up he became an explosives expert in the troll army. But although the army delighted in Boomer's detonations, he soon felt something was wrong. The army was actually seemed to take all this war seriously. So Boomer scamped merrily to find some sheep instead. The Troll General erupted with anger when he heard that Boomer was gone. He needed his demolitions expert to blow up a dam and flood the village below. But Boomer had overheard the General's plans and intended to intervene.
So, while his former squad mates destroyed the dam, Boomer began throwing sticks of dynamite at a nearby flock of sheep. The sheep hurtled through the air and into the oncoming torrent of water where their thick wool began to soak it all up. By the time the water reached the first village house, the deluge had become a dribble. When Master Eon heard Boomer had rescued an entire village, he signed him up quick-smart. Now, Boomer's explosive skills are used only to terminate evil (and still occassionally sheep, although he'll deny it if you ask him).
The Machine of DoomBoomer was one of the Skylanders who was at Gill Grunt's concert on Eon's island in celebration of their latest victory over the forces of darkness. Like most of the Skylanders, Boomer didn't like Gill Grunt's singing, so the troll used dynamite sticks as earplugs to mute it out. Suddenly, Flynn's hot air balloon appeared and was flying down out of control, soaring straight towards Boomer. Unaware of the danger due to his dynamite earplugs, Boomer was saved from the crash by Spyro, although not hearing anything due to the troll still having his earplugs on. While Spyro, Eruptor, and Gill Grunt went to investigate the happenings in the Mabu Market, Boomer was ordered by Eon to stay behind and help fix Flynn's hot air balloon.
He later joined the three Skylanders with Flynn on a quest to find the Chattering Key that is said to unlock a tomb that contains an ancient Arkeyan weapon that Kaos may be seeking. In the Forest of Fear, Boomer falls victim to the Fungus Rings of Despair, and the troll saw his worst fear come to life through hallucinations, being trapped in a doll's tea party (which is the greatest nightmare to any troll brought to life). He was soon freed by Spyro, and Boomer and the other Skylanders continued their way through the Forest. The Skylanders later find the Chattering Key that was being guarded by the statue of a stone wyvern and were able to collect it, thanks to a plan devised by Spyro. But the stone wyvern chased after them in hot pursuit, despite being slowed down by Boomer's dynamites and Gill Grunt's water cannon.
As the Skylanders were about to leave with the key, Kaos appeared and revealed that he had captured Flynn, and was willing to exchange the Mabu for the Chattering Key. Not wanting to sacrifice Flynn for the sake of their mission, the Skylanders surrender the key to Kaos, who then used it to open a tomb that contained the Machine of Doom inside the Pyramid of Just Rewards; its pillar firing a beam of light at the advancing stone wyvern, destroying it. The evil Portal Master kept Flynn as a hostage to keep the Skylanders from following him and entered the tomb. With the help of the Chattering Key, the Skylanders entered the pyramid through the other side and reached The Machine of Doom, which Boomer really took a shine to by the amount of weaponry it has installed. Kaos soon arrived, and the Skylanders engaged the evil Portal Master's minions in combat while Boomer made his way to The Machine of Doom. Despite Spyro's warnings, the troll tried to pilot the Machine to use it against Kaos, unknowingly playing his part in the evil Portal Master' real scheme. Boomer lost control of the Machine as he tried to pilot the mech, which Kaos soon revealed that The Machine of Doom was really a trap designed by the Arkeyans to capture any who attempt to use The Machine of Doom to destroy the Core of Light.
Eventually, as the Skylanders rescued Flynn and struggled to escape the pyramid with Kaos' transport portal, Boomer gained control over The Machine of Doom, stopping Kaos before he could escape. The troll then used the crumbling machine to get out of the collapsing pyramid with the Skylanders and Kaos in tow, resulting in the Machine of Doom breaking apart. Although Kaos escaped, Boomer soon celebrated with his fellow Skylanders in their victory.
Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
Seeing the Core of Light destroyed would have been as hard for Boomer as any Skylander yet. Yet the explosion that followed must have been the best thing this pyrotechnic troll had ever seen. It's a pity he was too busy being banished to have a camera ready!
Secret Agents SecretsBoomer, Voodood, and Ghost Roaster were Buzz's elite team of Skylanders when they mysteriously disappeared while on a mission at Motleyville and haven't returned for months. SuperChargers, Spitfire, Stormblade and Nightfall, were assigned to find the lost Skylanders at their last known location. Upon getting ambushed by Spell Punks lead by Spellslamzer, the SuperChargers were suddenly defeated and knocked unconscious by Boomer, Voodood, and Ghost Roaster, who were now working for Spellslamzer.
With the three SuperChargers imprisoned, Spellslamzer announced his plan to raid the Mabu Radiance mines of its rare and powerful minerals, controlling the crystal supply to become the supreme power in all of Skylands. As Stormblade wondered why Boomer, Ghost Roaster, and Voodood would turn their backs on Skylands and Master Eon, Ghost Roaster revealed that he and the other two Elites grew tired of being tossed aside and forgotten while the Skylanders such as the SuperChargers, SWAP Force and the Giants are more appreciated. The three Elites later caught Spitfire, Stormblade and Nightfall when they attempted to escape and Spellslamzer had the three SuperChargers strapped helplessly to the front of their own vehicles as the evil Spell Punk and his army ride out towards the Mabu mines.
During their attack on the Radiance Mines, Voodood and Boomer turned against Spellslamzer, revealing that all three Elites were pretending to be evil from the start. However Ghost Roaster remained on Spellslamzer's side, holding onto the belief that he and the Elites would simply be tossed aside and forgotten even if they turn in Spellslamzer. The remaining Elites and the freed SuperChargers would then engage Spellslamzer, his minions and Ghost Roaster in battle. When it seemed that Ghost Roaster would destroy Stormblade there and then, he instead threw his explosive ball and chain at the Radiance crystals under Spellslamzer, blowing them up and knocking Spellslamzer unconscious. The Skylanders welcomed Ghost Roaster back to the side of good and the SuperChargers as full-fledged Skylanders.
- Health: 230 (max. 460)
- Speed: 35 (max. 83)
- Armor: 18 (max. 48)
- Critical Hit: 50 (max. 100)
- Elemental Power: 39 (max. 89)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 70
- Defense: 50
- Agility: 40
- Luck: 75
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
|Dynamite Toss||Troll Smash||
Troll Bomb Boot
Troll Bombs can be kicked at enemies.
|Dynamite Fuse Fake-Out||Bash Smash||Troll Bomb||Triple Bundle Dynamite|
|Bomblastic||Troll Bombs Away||An Accident Waiting to Happen|
|Havoc Smash||Stupification||Megaton Charged Super Smash|
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- Dynamite Lob (Primary Attack): Press (Y) to toss a stick of dynamite. Press (Y) in midair to propel Boomer upwards as he tosses.
- Blast Radius (Secondary Attack): Press (X) to blast the area around Boomer with explosives, damaging nearby enemies.
- Bombs Away! (requires level: 3): Sprint (A) to leave a trail of bombs behind Boomer. Press (B), (B) to double jump and drop a bomb beneath Boomer. Bombs will go off after a few seconds, damaging and stunning nearby enemies.
- Boom Barrel (requires level: 6): Wait a few seconds without pressing (Y) and Boomer will prepare a barrel full of dynamite. Press (Y) to throw the barrel. The barrel does extra damage when it explodes and will leave behind a fire that burns enemies for a few seconds.
- Blastoff! (requires level: 9): Hold (X) and Boomer will slam two sticks of dynamite into the ground. The blast will launch Boomer into the air and damage enemies both near and far.
- "Bring the Boom!"
- "Feel the boom!"
- "You got blowed up!"
- "Can't stop the boom!"
- "Ba-ba-ba-boom boom boom!"
- "Boom boom buh-boom!"
- "Haha! Boom!"
- "Blow it up!"
- "Blastin' through!"
- "Boom-ba-ba-boom woohoo!"
- "Big bang boom!"
- "Yeah! Boomer likes it!"
- "Bringin' the boom!" - entering an elemental area
- "Is that good? I can't count!" - checking stats
- "One, two, boom!"
- "Badaboom!" - wearing a hat
- "Nice! I'm a little less ugly."
- "Is that how you spell 'Boomer'?" - given a nickname
- "That name is dynamite!"
- "I couldn't hear ya, because it got BLOWED UP!"
- "Ah he's so money!" - Trigger Happy TV spot
- "He smashes, she slashes." - Stump Smash and Stealth Elf TV spot
- "That's one angry log!" - Tag Team TV spot
- Boomer, Trigger Happy, Sprocket, Chopper and Tread Head are the only Tech Skylanders who aren't robotic.
- Producer Michael Graham stated that Boomer had cybernetic arms and legs due to an accident.
- In the Skylanders TV Commercials, Boomer talks with a New Jersey accent.
- His commercial voice is similar to Terrafin's voice.
- The iris and pupil in Boomer's right eye is bigger than his left eye.
- Boomer is one of the original Skylanders who did not receive a Series 2 (the others being: Voodood, Ghost Roaster, Sunburn, Dino-Rang, Wham-Shell and Warnado (although Wham-Shell and Warnado did get LightCore versions in Skylanders: Swap Force).
- Boomer resembles Dr. Teeth and Crazy Harry from The Muppets.
- Boomer is one of the few Skylanders to have "Boom" in his name (others include Boom Bloom, Sonic Boom, Boom Jet, Shroomboom and Ka-Boom).
- In Swap Force and SuperChargers, when Boomer performs his Soul Gem ability, "Troll Bomb Boot", his bomb actually rolls instead of staying still while traveling in a straight line.
- In Swap Force and SuperChargers, when Boomer activates "Dynamite Fuse Fake-Out", his stick(s) of dynamite will explode as soon as it is thrown farther away even if the primary attack button is still being held down.
- Boomer is one of the playable trolls in Skylanders (other examples are the villains, Chill Bill, Shrednaught, Bruiser Cruiser, Threatpack, Smoke Scream, Trolling Thunder, and Lob Goblin).