- “Deal with the Wheel!”
- —Bouncer's official catchphrase
While still an All-Star Roboto-Ball player, Bouncer had a big, lively personality that helped popularized the sport. Even after he no longer plays the sport of Roboto-Ball, he still holds a sense of loyalty to his Mabu fanbase, who remembered the security-bot fondly from his playing days, and Bouncer became determined to defeat the Arkeyan King, not wanting to let his fans down when they were enslaved by the Arkeyans.
Long ago, Bouncer was an All-Star Roboto-Ball player. But when the Arkeyan Empire destroyed his home town and discontinued the games, he was converted into a security-bot and stationed in the mines. It was there that Bouncer encountered dozens of Mabu prisoners who remembered him fondly from his playing days. He quickly became a bit of a celebrity around the mines, and it wasn't long before this new adulation convinced him that he could be just as much of a hero in life as he was on the field. Thus, he decided to join the Skylanders and take a stand against the evil, Arkeyan overlords.
HistoryBack in the day, Bouncer was an All-Star Roboto-Ball player, amazing his Mabu fans with his speed, accuracy and lively personality. His trick shots were famed across all of Skylands. His games were watched by thousands. Then the Arkeyans had to go and spoil everything by destroying his home town and outlawing Roboto-Ball. His fans were enslaved and sent to work in the mines. Bouncer was converted into a security robot and sent to the mines to make sure the Mabu didn't try any funny stuff. Down there in the dark, Bouncer met many Mabu who remembered his glory days on the field. Their sense of loyalty touched the hulking robot, and instead of doing the Arkeyans' dirty work, he decided to fight against them. Cheered on by his army of fans, Bouncer used his Roboto-Balls skills to free the slaves, then joined with the other Giants in the war against the Arkeyan King.
ChampionsBouncer was the most vocal about Blades when the young dragon's cocky and rebellious nature was threatening to ruin the mission of destroying the Machine Magus. He, Trigger Happy and Night Shift all shared doubts and concerns about Blades during a large portion of the mission until the dragon ran off to face Magus on his own. Fustrated by Blades' behavior, Bouncer considered 'shaking the scales right off' him, but was reassured by Night Shift that Blades would learn his lesson the hard way on his own. Bouncer, Night Shift and Trigger Happy came to Blades' rescue when the dragon had been overpowered by Magus and his defenses. Together as a team, the Skylanders defeated the Drow leader. Afterwards, Blades apologized for his actions and hoped to learn what it meant to be a Skylander. This earned Bouncer's respect, who then convinced Blades to keep his Legendary status as the dragon is now officially part of the Skylander's team.
Return of the Dragon King
When Malefor was on his way to attack the Skylanders Academy, Bouncer, the Giants and other Skylanders were summoned to stop the evil dragon. The Giants managed to grab hold of the Malefor's tail to hold him down and allow their comrades to attack him all at once, but were caught off guard when the mechanical tail was also made as a weapon, allowing Malefor to knock the other Giants off-balance. Before the Skylanders can scatter, Malefor defeated them and the Giants with a single whip of his powerful tail. This allowed Malefor to absorb their powers with a crystal to make himself more powerful. Once the crystal was destroyed by Spyro, Bouncer and the other Skylanders were granted back their strength and powers.
Rift into Overdrive
In response to the sky rifts appearing around Skylands, Bouncer and the other Giants were assigned to directly protect the Core of Light stationed at the Skylanders Academy in case of a direct assault. Bouncer expressed his fears and worries regarding the sky rifts that were threatening Skylands, but was calmed by Tree Rex. When Kaos captured Master Eon and demanded the Skylanders to surrender the Core of Light, Spyro sent out the Giants, who proceeded to break apart the whole island, hurling the rocky remains at the attacking airships.
Bouncer's attacks include finger pistols, in which he shoots out some tiny bouncy balls, shoulder mounted cannons with which he fires powerful (and slow) missles with a targeting computer, and can't move leaving him open to attack; and finally, I-Beam, where he shoots strong lasers from his eyes for close range combat, but it can overheat if used too long and it lowers his speed when using it.
- Health: 430 (max. 860)
- Speed: 60 (max. 108)
- Armor: 24 (max. 54)
- Critical Hit: 25 (max. 75)
- Elemental Power: ?? (max. 50)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 150
- Defense: 110
- Agility: 50
- Luck: 90
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
Fists of Destruction
|I-Beam||Targeting Computer||Machine Fingerguns||Cooler I-Beam|
Press Attack 3 to fire concentrated laser eye beams.
Hold Attack 2 to bring up a target and control where rockets land.
Press Attack 1 to repeatedly fire Fingerguns at an accelerated rate.
Increases the damage of the I-Beam and reduces overheating.
|Double Targets||Rockets on Demand||Atomic Clouds|
Now target 6 enemies at a time with laser-guided rockets.
While holding Attack 2, press Attack 1 to launch unlimited rockets.
Shoulder Rockets leave explosions that damage enemies.
|Super Machine Fingerfuns||Professionally Cool I-Beam||Laser Mines|
Rate of fire for Fingerguns increases and they do more damage too.
I-Beam does even more damage yet overheats slower.
While holding Attack 3, press Attack 1 to drop laser mines.
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- Finger Pistols (Primary Attack): Hold or Press (Y) repeatedly to fire a barrage of bullets.
- Targeted Missiles (Secondary Attack): Hold (X) to automatically acquire targets and fire powerful missiles at them.
- Boom Bullets (requires level: 4): Bullets now explode on impact, dealing higher damage and hitting multiple enemies.
- More Missiles (requires level: 7): Now you can fire additional missiles at more targets when using Targeted Missiles.
- Laser Speed (requires level: 9): While holding (A) to Sprint, Bouncer will fire scorching lasers from his eyes to cut through enemies in his path.
- "Deal with the Wheel!"
- "Oh yeah, the best there ever was!"
- "Yeah! I'm the wheel deal!"
- "Ha, shut down!"
- "All systems go!"
- "Wheel with this!"
- "Maximum overdrive!"
- "Go, rocket!"
- "Rocket time!"
- "Launch sequence!"
- "Keep on rollin'!"
- "Oh yeah!"
- "All right!"
- "Aw yeah!"
- "Burn out!"
- "Oh, critical mass!"
- "Woah! Check out my stats." - when checking stats
- "Not too shabby, huh?" - when checking stats
- "Aw yeah, I look good!" - when given a hat
- "Aw, check this out!" - when given a hat
- "Sure, change whatever you like!" - when given a nickname
- "Yeah, I can roll with that!" - when given a nickname
- "Yeah, that's ridiculous!" - Tall Tales trailer
- "No sweat! We got your back!"- extended Tall Tales trailer
- His name is probably based on bouncers, which are security guards for various exclusive locations.
- Chopper was originally going to be the Tech Giant in Skylanders: Giants, but as T-Rexes were more horizontal than vertical, it wouldn't fit on the Portal of Power. Eventually, the development team tried other ideas for the Tech Giant until they created Bouncer.
- Interestingly, he and Chopper have the ability to fire missles.
- He also slightly resembles Gizmoduck from DuckTales.
- His Fingerguns resemble the hand gesture of the Texas Tech Red Raiders, as well as the gestures frequently used in the South Park episode "Something You Can Do with Your Finger".
- He may be Arkeyan, as mentioned by one in the Lost City of Arkus that Roboto Ball was an Arkeyan Sport.
- He and Ninjini are the only Giants without legs.
- His base is much smaller than the base of all other Giants.
- Bouncer is voiced by Bumper Robinson who voices Bumblebee and Blitzwing in Transformers Animated, Rook Blonko and Bloxx in Ben 10: Omniverse and Falcon in "Avengers Assemble".
- One of Bouncer's prototype color schemes has the same colors as Molten Hot Dog.
- Bouncer originally started as an unnamed Dark Arkeyan. It was scrapped because it didn't feel like a Skylander.
- When first revealed at E3 2012, Bouncer's original biography states that he took too many hits to the head with a Roboto-Ball and decided to retire from the game, with the sport eventually fading away.
- In Trap Team, Bouncer's jumping animation has been redone with him performing a backflip.
- Bouncer and Eruptor are the only two Skylanders who don't sing ther names near the music box in Flynn's Ship.
- in italian dub, bouncer had a normal voice instead of a robotic voice.
- ↑ Skylanders: Universe - Official Sticker Book, page 34
- ↑ SDCC Panel, Skylanders Character Development
- ↑ Skylander Giants Evolution with I-Wei Huang Character and Toy Director (FGTV 2.45)