- “Ye beat me once, ye hornswoggle, but now ye toughest challenge lies dead ahead. If ye want her back... ye'll need to beat my POOP DECK!”
- —Captain Dreadbeard
Captain Dreadbeard is the seadog captain of the Pirates who took over the Plunder Island in the console versions of Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure. He is known as the most villainous and scurviest of all the pirate buccaneers of Skylands, but his one and only weakness is his love for pirate card games.
Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
Captain Dreadbeard took over Plunder Island to seek out the town's treasure with his crew taking the residents prisoner once they lost the card games in which the pirates cheat. After the Skylander arrived and defeated Dreadbeard's crew in their card games, the Captain himself challenged the Skylander to his card game and claimed that he would leave Plunder Island if he lost.
The Skylanders won the card game, and Captain Dreadbeard fled onto the ship, but revealed that he had captured Jess LeGrand along with the town's treasure he stole. The Captain fled back to his island with Jess in tow, but the Skylanders gave chase, destroying his island's defenses, and challenging Dreadbeard once again for Jess' freedom. The Skylanders succeeded, winning Captain Dreadbeard's respect, and the evil seadog vowed that they haven't heard the last of him, before jumping into the sea to escape.
In Skylanders: Giants, he is the boss of Cutthroat Carnival. However, after clearing the chapter, he will appear in the game room on Flynn's Ship, and you can play him at Skystones anytime from then on.
Skylanders: Trap Team
|Hoist of the Century||Smash and Grab||Plunder - Special Ability|
- "There be no escape!" - Battle Introduction
- "Your worst nightmare has arrived!"
- "Follow me lead!" - swapping in
- "Taking command!"
- "Retreating, for now!" - swapping out
- "Out with the tide!"
- "A promotion!" - rank up
- "Me legend grows!"
- "A fine treasure!" - Summoning a Gear
- "Fit for a captain!"
- "Turning the tide!" - Summoning a Relic
- "For the crew!"
- "Impressive!" - randomly when playing spells
- "Right into me trap!" - Hoist of the Century
- "Time to plunder!"
- "I'll be taking that now!" - Smash and Grab
- "Much obliged!"
- "To the bottom with you!" - KOed an enemy
- "You're all washed up!"
- "To the depths I go!" - when defeated
- "I just be sunk...!"
- "Luck was on your side!" - defeat at the end of battle
- "I met me doom...!"
- "A triumphant Dreadbeard!" - Victory
- "Raise me flag, I've won again!"
- "Ye best think twice!" - when poked
- "Yer fate is being sealed!"
- "What is it?"
- "Ye better behave!"
- Captain Dreadbeard, Frightbeard, Blind Beard, Rustbeard, and Squidbeard all share the word 'beard' in their names.
- In Trap Team, his gold hook is replaced with a real hand and wears a different outfit, excluding the pirate hat.
- He is the first Adventure Pack villain to reappear in the main story of a later game, the second being Cluck.