- “Charmed and Ready!”
- —Cobra Cadabra's official catchphrase
Cobra Cadabra is a charmer, all right. He's brave too! When he plays an enchanting tune, everyone listens. Like a magician, he never reveals his secrets.
Though Cobra Cadabra was an assistant to The Great Mabuni, a traveling magician that performed all over Skylands, he wanted more than anything to become a magician himself. Unfortunately, the guild of Mysteriously Mad Magic Masters of Mystery, who for centuries taught all of the greatest magicians, would not permit it. And so Mabuni decided to teach the cobra himself, even through it was forbidden. They studied everything together, from vanishing acts to snake charming. But when the guild discovered this, they sent a team of magic rabbit enforcers to punish them both. Although the beastly hares were the most powerful of their kind in Skylands, Cobra Cadabra remained brave. Playing an enchanted tune on his flute, he used what he had learned to cast a spell over the rabbits and lead them away. Upon hearing this, this guild was impressed by such a display of skill, and accepted the snake charmer as a member. Soon after, Cobra Cadabra was made a member of another group – the Skylanders!
Cobra Cadabra can play his magical plungi flute, which launches magic notes that attack his enemies, or cast various spells through songs, one can put enemies under his control. His secondary attack allows him to launch cobra baskets which have cobra allies to attack his enemies. His third attack lets Cobra Cadabra launch himself out of his basket which damages enemies in his way, and land into other cobra baskets.
- Health: 290 (max. 580)
- Speed: 70 (max. 118)
- Armor: 36 (max. 66)
- Critical Hit: 40 (max. 90)
- Elemental Power: 46 (max. 96)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 60
- Defense: 120
- Agility: 70
- Luck: 130
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
|Magic Flute||Cobra Basket||
Big Basket Bomb
|Keep The Beat!||Launch Cobra!||Basket Party||Pungi Power|
Magic Flute attack does more damage when played to the beat of the music.
Press Attack 3 to launch forward out of the basket, damaging anything in your path.
Can have up to 10 Cobra Baskets active at once.
Magic Flute attack travels further and does more damage.
|Reverb Riff||Ultimate Flute Rock||Snake Charmer's Solo|
Magic Flute music notes bounce off walls and enemies and can do extra damage.
Magic Flute attack does maximum damage.
Hold Attack 1 to play an enchanting song that charms enemies to fight for your cause.
|Master of Baskets|
|Basket Quintet||Call and Response||A Tisket, A Tasket|
Throw five Cobra Baskets at once.
Shoot Cobra Baskets with your Magic Flute to power them up.
Hold Attack 2 to detonate all active Cobra Baskets.
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- 3DSpower1 (Primary Attack): 3DSpower1desc
- 3DSpower2 (Secondary Attack): 3DSpower2desc
- 3DSupgrade1 (requires level: 3DSupgrade1level): 3DSupgrade1desc
- 3DSupgrade2 (requires level: 3DSupgrade2level): 3DSupgrade2desc
- 3DSupgrade3 (requires level: 3DSupgrade3level): 3DSupgrade3desc
- "Charmed and Ready!"
- "You're hissstory!"
- "Bask in my glory!"
- "Ssso far, ssso good."
- "Spring ahead!"
- "Winding through!"
- "Slither hither!"
- "Snake attack!"
- "Snake shot!"
- "Strike a chord!"
- "You just got played"
- "A slithering success!"
- "Hitting all the notes!"
- "Tuning in!"
- "A basket full of treasure" - when opening a treasure chest
- "Scaling up!" - after levelling up
- "Tune up!" - after levelling up
- "My stats are creeping up." - when viewing stats
- "On a scale of one to ten, I'm an eleven!" - when viewing stats
- "A slick new look for me." - when wearing a hat
- "Urgh, I look like a basket case." - when wearing a hat
- "An enchanting new name" - when given a new name
- "This name sounds a bit out of tune." - when given a new name
- He is the second snake Skylander in the series, after Rattle Shake and before Pit Boss.
- He is currently the only snake Skylander who is not in the Undead element.
- Cobra Cadabra's name is a play on the magic word "Abracadabra."
- His eyes constantly shrink and grow, a reference to snake hypnotism.
- He is one of the few playable characters to use a musical instrument as a weapon (the others being Wolfgang, Fiesta, and Turbo Charge Donkey Kong). Additionally, each of the characters' weapons come from the four main instrument groups; Cobra Cadabra's flute: Woodwinds, Wolfgang's bone harp: Strings, Fiesta's trumpet: Brass, and Donkey Kong's bongo drums: Percussion.
- Oddly, Cobra Cadabra does not hiss whenever he says the letter "S."
- As of Imaginators, he is the only snake character to not do so.
- Cobra Cadabra's italian catchphrase is "Incantato Ed Abilitato!", which means and translates the same but also rhymes.
- ↑ Skylanders Universe: The Complete Collection (2015), page 117