- “It's Crush Hour!”
- —Crusher's official catchphrase
Single-minded and completely unstoppable, Crusher crashes through any situation with the subtlety of a three-ton hammer. He's also incredibly thick-thinned - probably because his skin's made of stone.
Crusher knew from the moment he put on his father's mining helmet that his true passion in life was crushing rocks. He was fascinated with rock-lore and traveled all throughout Skylands in search of rare minerals to pulverize with his powerful hand-crafted rock hammer, which is also named Crusher. But along his travels, he discovered that the evil Arkeyan King was also searching for rocks-to melt down into weapons of war. Crusher's fury built up like an avalanche. After all, crushing was his job! So he put aside his life's passion and decided to use his hammer for a greater purpose- crushing Arkeyan Robots.
The big stone golem, Crusher is fascinated by rocks. Inspired by his father, who was a miner, Crusher would travel across Skylands in search of rare and interesting stones and minerals. Then, when he found a particularly fascinating specimen, he would take great delight in smashing it to smithereens! You see Crusher, as his name suggests, loves to crush things. He especially likes to crush rocks. Big rocks, small rocks, shiny rocks, pointy rocks. Basically, if it starts with 'R' and ends with 'OCKS', it had better watch out when Crusher is around.
Armed with his huge hammer, which he also calls Crusher (his imagination isn't exactly his strong point), this Giant spent many happy years wandering around and smashing stuff to bits. Until, that is, he discovered that the Arkeyan King was pinching all the rocks for his own evil ends. That day Crusher discovered there was something even more fun to do than smashing rocks. Smashing Arkeyans!
Return of the Dragon King
When Malefor was on his way to attack the Skylanders Academy, Crusher, the Giants and the other Skylanders were summoned to stop the evil dragon. The Giants managed to grab hold of the Malefor's tail to hold him down, but were caught off guard when the mechanical tail was also made as a weapon. In the end, all Skylanders, including the Giants, were defeated in a single blow by Malefor's tail swipe, allowing the evil Undead Dragon King to absorb their powers to make himself more stronger.
Crusher attacks with his large, menacing hammer (also named Crusher) and his secondary attack is that he shoots eye beams that turn enemies to stone. He can also use self-destruct to scatter his rocky parts, but has the ability to reform. In Skylanders: Battlecast, he can also change his composition to endure more attacks or raise his attack. His Special Ability is Golem's Strength, increasing his power, and his signature Gear is his father's hammer, aptly titled My Father's Hammer, which corresponds to his Hammer Daddy console upgrade and doubles his damage.
- Crusher slightly resembles the Giant from the movie, The Iron Giant.
- He is mentioned in Steel Plated Smash Hit's biography as the winner of the last year's Destruct-o-Thon as of Superchargers.
- Crusher resembles the Egg Hammer from Sonic Heroes.
- He has crystals all over his body, so he might be a crystal golem like Prism Break.
- Crusher is the only Giant who can lift a boulder with one hand, carrying the hammer in the other.
- His catchphrase is a play on 'It's Rush Hour!'
- He has the highest health out of all the Giants.
- On an Happy Meal interview, Crusher reveals that he wears glasses, listens to rock music, and tried calling his hammer "Frank".
- He is voiced by Kevin Sorbo who portrays Hercules in Hercules: the Legendary Journeys.
- Crusher, Prism Break and Jade Flashwing have green crystals around their bodies.
- Crusher, Thumpback and Ninjini are the only Giants to have weapons that are not a part of their bodies.
- If the Rock Grinder path is taken, Crusher has the most powerful primary weapon out of all the Giants, his hammer doing 50 damage.
- He is one of the few Skylanders with hammer-like abilities (others include Stump Smash, Rubble Rouser, Wallop, and Hammer Slam Bowser).
- Oddly, three out of five of those characters are in the Earth element.
- Four out of five of these characters are all gimmick characters for their respective games (if not counting Stump Smash being a gimmick character in Spyro's Adventure, which introduced the Skylanders themselves).
- Coincidentally, each of them was introduced in a different game.
- He slightly resembles Knack as both can reassemble their bodies.
- His Turn to Stone move is similar to Medusa's powers in greek mythology.
- His battle cry "Hammer it Home!" is the same as Wallop's catchphrase.
- The name of one of his upgrades, "Hammer Daddy," is similar to the original name of Krypt King, "Chop Chop Daddy."
- In his toy form, if you look at his hammer's handle, you can see symbols on it.