|Appears in:|| Skylanders: Giants |
Skylanders: Swap Force
Skylanders: Trap Team
Skylanders Issue 8
|Attacks/Actions:|| Crusher's Crusher |
Turn to Stone
|English Voice Actor:||Kevin Sorbo|
|First Release:||Skylanders: Giants|
- “It's Crush Hour!”
- —Crusher's official catchphrase
Single-minded and completely unstoppable, Crusher crashes through any situation with the subtlety of a three-ton hammer. He's also incredibly thick-thinned - probably because his skin's made of stone.
Crusher knew from the moment he put on his father's mining helmet that his true passion in life was crushing rocks. He was fascinated with rock-lore and traveled all throughout Skylands in search of rare minerals to pulverize with his powerful hand-crafted rock hammer, which is also named Crusher. But along his travels, he discovered that the evil Arkeyan King was also searching for rocks-to melt down into weapons of war. Crusher's fury built up like an avalanche. After all, crushing was his job! So he put aside his life's passion and decided to use his hammer for a greater purpose- crushing Arkeyan Robots.
The big stone golem, Crusher is fascinated by rocks. Inspired by his father, who was a miner, Crusher would travel across Skylands in search of rare and interesting stones and minerals. Then, when he found a particularly fascinating specimen, he would take great delight in smashing it to smithereens! You see Crusher, as his name suggests, loves to crush things. He especially likes to crush rocks. Big rocks, small rocks, shiny rocks, pointy rocks. Basically, if it starts with 'R' and ends with 'OCKS', it had better watch out when Crusher is around.
Armed with his huge hammer, which he also calls Crusher (his imagination isn't exactly his strong point), this Giant spent many happy years wandering around and smashing stuff to bits. Until, that is, he discovered that the Arkeyan King was pinching all the rocks for his own evil ends. That day Crusher discovered there was something even more fun to do than smashing rocks. Smashing Arkeyans!
Skylanders Issue #8
|WARNING: This section contains spoilers below! (Skip section)|
When Malefor was on his way to attack the Skylanders Academy, Crusher, the Giants and the other Skylanders were summoned to stop the evil dragon. The Giants managed to grab hold of the Malefor's tail to hold him down, but were caught off guard when the mechanical tail was also made as a weapon. In the end, all Skylanders, including the Giants, were defeated in a single blow by Malefor's tail swipe, allowing the evil dragon to absorb their power to make himself more stronger.
|Spoilers end here.|
Crusher attacks with his large, menacing hammer (also named Crusher) and his secondary attack is that he shoots a laser of ice from his goggles. He can also use self-destruct to scatter his rocky parts, but has the ability to reform.
- Health: 470 (max. 940)
- Speed: 20 (max. 68)
- Armor: 24 (max. 54)
- Critical Hit: 40 (max. 90)
- Elemental Power: ?? (max. 50)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 140
- Defense: 140
- Agility: 50
- Luck: 60
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
| Soul Gem Ability|
Requires Soul Gem from:
Troll Home Security
|Crusher's Crusher||Turn To Stone||Rockslidin' Out|
|Ground Grinder||Rockslide||Super Crusher||Cavelight Blast|
Further develop Crusher's Hammer attacks.
|Crusher Combos||Hammer Daddy||Triple Ground Grinder|
Further develop Crusher's Rockslide attacks.
|Controlled Rockslide||Boulder Bombs||Bedrock Armor|
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- Hammer Time (Primary Attack): Press (Y) repeatedly to smash enemies with Crusher's hammer.
- Medusa Gaze (Secondary Attack): Hold (X) to turn enemies to stone.
- Spin Blades (requires level: 3): Hold (Y) to release spinning blades from Crusher's Hammer.
- Shatter (requires level: 6): Crusher has a chance to shatter enemies turned to stone by his Medusa Gaze whenever they are hit, instantly killing them.
- Rocksplosion (requires level: 9): Pressing (Y) while sprinting will cause crusher to explode into fragments of rock, damaging all those around him.
- "It's Crush Hour!"
- "Rubble trouble!"
- "I totally rock!"
- "All right!"
- "Rock on!"
- "Rocked it!"
- "Crushing time!"
- "Crushing it!"
- "I'm a smash hit!"
- "Hammer it home!"
- "Lower the boom!"
- "Nailed it!"
- "You got pulverized!"
- "Right on!"
- "Got it!"
- "Oh yeah!"
- "Can't stop now!"
- "Powering through."
- "Wow those are big numbers!" - when checking stats
- "Looking pretty solid."
- "This rocks!" - when given a hat
- "This is a new look for me."
- "Ok, I can roll with that!" - when given a nickname
- "I dig the new name!"
- "No sweat! We got your back!'- shortened Tall Tales trailer
- Crusher slightly resembles the Giant from the movie, The Iron Giant.
- Crusher resembles the Egg Hammer from Sonic Heroes.
- The Poptropica character, Crusher from Super Power Island and the Geronimo Stilton character, Crusher from "Surf's Up!", share the same name.
- He has crystals all over his body, so he might be a crystal golem like Prism Break.
- Crusher is the only Giant who can lift a boulder with one hand, mostly because he has the hammer in the other hand.
- His catchphrase is probably a play on 'It's Rush Hour!'
- He has the highest health out of all the Giants.
- On an Happy Meal interview, Crusher reveals that he wears glasses, listens to rock music, and tried calling his hammer "Frank".
- He is voiced by Kevin Sorbo who portrays as Hercules in Hercules: the Legendary Journeys.
- Crusher, Prism Break and Jade Flashwing have green crystals around their bodies.
- Crusher, Thumpback, and Ninjini are the only Giants to have weapons that are not apart of their bodies.
- If the Rock Grinder path is taken, Crusher has the most powerful primary weapon out of all the Giants, his hammer doing 50 damage.
- Out of every Giant, Crusher has the highest health.
- He is one of the few Skylanders with hammer-like abilities (others include Stump Smash, Rubble Rouser, and Wallop).
- Oddly, three out of four of those characters are in the Earth element.
- Coincidentally, each of them was introduced in a different game.
- He slightly resembles Knack as both can reassemble their bodies.
- His Turn to Stone move is similar to Medusa's powers.
- His battle cry "Hammer it home!" is the same as Wallop's catchphrase.
- The name of one of his upgrades, "Hammer Daddy," is similar to the original name of Krypt King, "Chop Chop Daddy."
- In his toy form, if you look at his hammer's handle, you can see symbols on it.