|Appears in:|| Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure |
Skylanders: Cloud Patrol
Skylanders: Swap Force
|Attacks/Actions:|| Flameball |
|English Voice Actor:||Josh Keaton|
|First Release:||Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure|
- "Lights Out!"
- —Dark Spyro's catchphrase
Dark Spyro is the dark counterpart of Spyro who is available when you buy the 3DS version of Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure and in a single pack in certain countries. He is currently the only variant to have a different backstory, catchphrase and moveset (3DS only) than his normal counterpart. He has a Series 3 Mega Ram counterpart.
Spyro is a rare magical dragon with the ability to harness the power of the other elements, though he prefers to master fire. However, this innate power also leaves him vulnerable to the influence of dark magic. When The Darkness is nearby, Spyro can channel its energy and combine its power with his own, becoming Dark Spyro. Over the years, he has learned to focus and control his power, using this dark magic to fight the forces of evil.
Spyro had some sensational skills. Unlike the other Skylanders, he could harness the power of every element, but still prefered his original favorite - Fire. But there was a sinister side to Spyro's ability. Master Eon obsereved this first-hand when The Darkness attempted to corrupt the Core of Light. Spyro began to shudder and shake. His purple skin seemed to flush and flare as dark magic flowed through him like lightning. Only Master Eon's speedily cast spells saved Spyro from a foul fate.
With time, and Eon's tutelage, Spyro had learned to master this dark magic know-how. And when he harnessed energy, he transformed into Dark Spyro! However, only Spyro's brave heart and careful control prevented him from being consumed by darkness.
Although Dark Spyro has the exact same abilities as Spyro in the console version of Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure (and thus the same as Legendary Spyro, with only a color swap), his changes are quite dramatic in the 3DS version of the game.
In the 3DS version, Spyro and Legendary Spyro are quite masterful shooting just regular fireballs and using their Horn Charge. However, Dark Spyro is more adept at physical slashes and using magical thunder. At first he can use only a three-hit slashing combo, and of course dash and jump, and is also one of the characters able to glide. As he levels up, he learns to shoot thunder balls (which he can later run over to get power and speed boosts) and shoot powerful rays of lightning energy. However his Series 3 figure plays just like a regular Spyro would.
- Health: 280 (max. 560)
- Speed: 43 (max. 91)
- Armor: 24 (max. 54)
- Critical Hit: 20 (max. 70)
- Elemental Power: 25 (max. 75)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 70
- Defense: 40
- Agility: 90
- Luck: 60
| Basic Abilities|
Dark Spyro's fireballs can damage Rotting Robbies.
| Soul Gem Ability|
Requires Soul Gem from:
|Dragon's Fire||Charge||Spyro's Earth Pound|
|Long Range Raze||Spyro's Flight||Sprint Charge||Triple Flameballs|
Sheep Burner Spyro
This upgrade path lets Dark Spyro further develop his Flameball attacks.
|Fire Shield||Exploding Fireblast||The Daybringer Flame|
This upgrade path lets Dark Spyro further develop his Charging attacks.
|Stun Charge||Comet Dash||Ibex's Wrath Charge|
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- Dragon's Fury (Primary Attack): Press (Y) repeatedly to strike with Dark Spyro's tail, wings, and lightning breath.
- Shadow Spark (Secondary Attack): Press (X) to fire a burst of dark energy. The burst will leave an energy field on the ground that damages enemies overtime.
- Airburn (requires level: 3): Press (X) in midair to burn a circle of powerful energy beneath Dark Spyro.
- Energt Conduit (requires level: 6): Create a Shadow Spark, then run through the Spark to energize Dark Spyro. While energized, Dark Spyro moves faster and his (Y) a ttacks will send a wave of energy outwards.
- Shadowbeam (requires level: 9): Hold (X) and release to shoot a beam of dark energy. The beam will leave a trail of fire that damages enemies.
- Dark Spyro in Skylanders is a counterpart to Spyro's dark form from The Legend of Spyro series, first appearing in The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night.
- Despite having a completely different catchphrase, Dark Spyro still says normal Spyro's catchphrase in the games.
- Dark Spyro was the only "Dark" variant until the Dark Skylanders made their debut.
- He slightly resembles the Ender Dragon from Minecraft.
- Dark Spyro has been released as a single pack in some countries.
- His MEGA BLOK figure has a Viking Helmet, a hat found in the first level in Spyro's Adventure.
- Dark Spyro is the only Alter Ego Skylander with a remastered figure.
- His Series 1 skin is dark purple, while his Series 3 skin is black.