- “Come 'Rang or Shine!”
- —Dino-Rang's official catchphrase
Unlike most unruly dinosaurs, Dino-Rang has a calm and collected demeanor. However, if anyone calls him a dragon by mistake, Dino-Rang will lose his cool, resulting in a furious display of whirling boomerangs. Even though he loves being a Skylander, he still dreams of the hunting plains of his homeland.
For years, Dino-Rang trained to use the weapons of his tribe – earthen boomerangs. His people were skilled hunters in a world far away from the realm of Skylands. As he slept one night, a freak portal suddenly opened beneath him. Unsure of how or why he arrived in Skylands, Dino-Rang set out to explore the world that was suddenly his new home. Eventually becoming a Skylander, he now fights with his own brand of dino-justice, while seeking out the fabled Twin Diamond Boomerangs, which he believes could hold the clues to his greater destiny.
Dino-Rang came from a tribe of skilled hunting dinosaurs from a faraway world. There, he had been the first to twirl the legendary twin boomerangs and was top of his tribe. But his fortunes changed one night when a portal popped open beneath his bed and sucked him into a strange Skylands temple. He was surrounded by sinister wizards, whose spell had gone askew. Dino-Rang broke out his boomerangs and, before the wizards could say 'boo' (or even 'bo'), they were blasted to the remote Outlands.
Threat averted, he began searching for the fabled Twin Diamond Boomerangs which he hoped could take him home. He is yet to find them, but he did find Master Eon - who promptly made him a Skylander.
Dino-Rang uses his boomerangs to attack his foes at range or to deflect their attacks. He can also use the surrounding dirt to form traps that spring up from the earth when an opponent gets too close.
Choosing the Grand Boomerang Master upgrade path for Dino-Rang increases his effectiveness with the boomerang. The boomerangs can be made tougher, allowing them to deal more damage and even bounce off of walls or enemies and hit more enemies in the process. His Boomerang Shield can also be upgraded to deal more damage and last longer. This path is ideal for medium-to-long range combat.
Choosing the Earthen Avenger upgrade path for Dino-Rang enhances the power of his Stonefist Traps. He can summon 4 Stonefist Traps instead of 2 and gain an increase in his Armor. His best upgrade is the Fist Trap Funeral, where defeating enemies with boomerangs spawns Stonefist Traps where they fell for other enemies to walk into. This path is ideal for defensive gameplay.
- Health: 300 (max. 600)
- Speed: 43 (max. 91)
- Armor: 30 (max. 60+40)
- Critical Hit: 30 (max. 80)
- Elemental Power: 39 (max. 89)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 45
- Defense: 80
- Agility: 40
- Luck: 85
| Basic Abilities|
Dino-Rang's attacks can destroy rock formations.
|Stone Boomerangs||Boomerang Shield||
|Basalt Boomerangs||Boomerang Finesse||Stonefist Traps||Dervish Shield|
Stone Boomerangs do increased damage.
Control boomerangs in the air.
Summon two Stonefist Traps from beneath the earth.
Boomerang Shield does extra damage and blocks enemies' shots.
|Grand Boomerang Master|
|Volcanic Glass Boomerangs||Dancing Boomerangs||It's All In The Wrist|
Boomerangs do even more increased damage.
Boomerangs bounce off of walls and enemies.
Boomerang Shield lasts longer and does extra damage.
|Quad Stonefist Trap||Obsidian Armor||Fist Trap Funeral|
Summon 4 Stonefist Traps at once.
Improved armor makes it harder for enemies to hit Dino-Rang.
Enemies defeated by Boomerangs spawn Stonefist Traps.
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- Boomerang Barrage (Primary Attack): Press (Y) repeatedly to throw Dino-Rang's boomerangs. The third toss in a combo will hurl two boomerangs at once.
- Buzzarang (Secondary Attack): Press (X) to throw a large Buzzarang that spins in place. The Buzzarang will damage any enemy it touches. Press (X) again to recall the Buzzarang back to Dino-Rang, damaging any enemies in its path.
- Buzzback (requires level: 3): Hold (X) when recalling a Buzzarang (X) to make the Buzzarang spin faster and deal more damage before returning.
- Boomerang Boost (requires level: 6): Hold (Y) before throwing a boomerang to charge it with a special power. Charging Dino-Rang's first throw will release a Stun Boomerang, his second will release a high-damage Power Boomerang, and his third will release one of each.
- Spin Cycle (requires level: 9): Roll (A) into enemies to damage them. Roll into a Buzzarang to attach it to Dino-Rang, damaging nearby enemies while it is connected. Dino-Rang's Double Jump (B) (B) will also damage enemies.
- "Come 'Rang or Shine!"
- "Nothin like a good beat down!"
- "That's right!"
- "Another one bites the 'rang!"
- "No worries!"
- "Maybe next time, eh buddy?"
- "Dino domination!"
- "Alright!" - opening a gate
- "Here I go!"
- "Nice place for a walkabout"
- "Uppyroo!" - using a bouncepad
- "Dino-myte!" - leveling up/upgrade
- "What a roo!"
- "Quite impressive, wouldn't ya say?" - stats screen
- "By golly!"
- "Look at me new hat!" - wearing a hat
- "This'll keep the sun out of me eyes"
- "Thanks, mate!" - being given a nickname
- "Good on ya!"
- His appearance bears a resemblance to Vector the Crocodile from the Sonic the Hedgehog series.
- Dino-Rang, Flashwing, Spyro, Star Strike and Enigma are the only Skylanders whose origin homes are not in Skylands.
- Despite his size, Dino-Rang is a suprisingly gifted dancer. Sometimes though, he forgets his own strength. Once, when he dancing with a female partner, he attempted to lift her above his head, and accidentally launched her screaming several miles into the air. She has not, as of yet, come back down.
- His catchphrase is a play on "Come Rain or Shine".
- Dino-Rang can summon Stone Fists like Bash does.
- He also resembles the platypus hunter Liam McCracken from the Phineas and Ferb episode "Primal Perry", as both use boomerangs as weapons and speak in Australian accents.
- He, Slobber Tooth, Chopper and Tri-Tip are currently the only Skylanders who are dinosaurs.
- His name is a pun on the words "Dinosaur" and "Boomerang".
- He is the first skylander that has Obsidian armor (other being Rubble Rouser).
- In Swap Force, Dino-Rang's profile picture has the Obsidian Armor upgrade.
- In Swap Force, every time he performs the Stonefist Traps, they immediately pop out of the ground rather than waiting for enemies to step on them.
- Dino-Rang and Snap Shot are both reptilian Skylanders that use a projectile weapon.
- Also, they both can speak in an Australian accent.
- Dino-Rang, Roller Brawl and Gusto all wield boomerangs.
- In Skylanders: Giants and Trap Team, Dino-Rang can preform a glitch were he seems to moonwalk. In order for this glitch to work, Dino-Rang must have the upgrade Boomerang Finesse. Then the player must make Dino-Rang run to a wall, crate or enemy and hold the primary attack button. As long as the player holds down the primary attack button, Dino-Rang can walk in any direction and still face forward.