|Appears in:|| Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure |
Skylanders: Cloud Patrol
Skylanders: Swap Force
|Attacks/Actions:|| Stone Boomerangs |
Volcanic Glass Boomerangs
|English Voice Actor:||Thomas Bromhead|
|First Release:||Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure|
- "Come 'Rang or Shine!"
- —Dino-Rang's catchphrase
Unlike most unruly dinosaurs, Dino-Rang has a calm and collected demeanor. However, if anyone calls him a dragon by mistake, Dino-Rang will lose his cool, resulting in a furious display of whirling boomerangs.
For years, Dino-Rang trained to use the weapons of his tribe – earthen boomerangs. His people were skilled hunters in a world far away from the realm of Skylands. As he slept one night, a freak portal suddenly opened beneath him. Unsure of how or why he arrived in Skylands, Dino-Rang set out to explore the world that was suddenly his new home. Eventually becoming a Skylander, he now fights with his own brand of dino-justice, while seeking out the fabled Twin Diamond Boomerangs, which he believes could hold the clues to his greater destiny.
Dino-Rang came from a tribe of skilled hunting dinosaurs from a faraway world. There, he had been the first to twirl the legendary twin boomerangs and was top of his tribe. But his fortunes changed one night when a portal popped open beneath his bed and sucked him into a strange Skylands temple. He was surrounded by sinister wizards, whose spell had gone askew. Dino-Rang broke out his boomerangs and, before the wizards could say 'boo' (or even 'bo'), they were blasted to the remote Outlands.
Threat averted, he began searching for the fabled Twin Diamond Boomerangs which he hoped could take him home. He is yet to find them, but he did find Master Eon - who promptly made him a Skylander.
Dino-Rang uses his boomerangs to attack his foes at range or to deflect their attacks. He can also use the surrounding dirt to form traps that spring up from the earth when an opponent gets too close.
- Health: 300 (max. 600)
- Speed: 43 (max. 91)
- Armor: 30 (max. 60+40)
- Critical Hit: 30 (max. 80)
- Elemental Power: 39 (max. 89)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 45
- Defense: 80
- Agility: 40
- Luck: 85
| Basic Abilities|
Dino-Rang's attacks can destroy rock formations.
| Soul Gem Ability|
Requires Soul Gem from:
Dark Water Cove
|Stone Boomerangs||Boomerang Shield||Sticky Boomerangs|
|Basalt Boomerangs||Boomerang Finesse||Stonefist Traps||Dervish Shield|
Grand Boomerang Master
This upgrade path lets Dino-Rang further develop his Boomerang attacks.
|Volcanic Glass Boomerangs||Dancing Boomerangs||It's All In The Wrist|
This upgrade path lets Dino-Rang further develop his defensive traps and abilities.
|Quad Stonefist Trap||Obsidian Armor||Fist Trap Funeral|
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- Boomerang Barrage (Primary Attack): Press (Y) repeatedly to throw Dino-Rang's boomerangs. The third toss in a combo will hurl two boomerangs at once.
- Buzzarang (Secondary Attack): Press (X) to throw a large Buzzarang that spins in place. The Buzzarang will damage any enemy it touches. Press (X) again to recall the Buzzarang back to Dino-Rang, damaging any enemies in its path.
- Buzzback (requires level: 3): Hold (X) when recalling a Buzzarang (X) to make the Buzzarang spin faster and deal more damage before returning.
- Boomerang Boost (requires level: 6): Hold (Y) before throwing a boomerang to charge it with a special power. Charging Dino-Rang's first throw will release a Stun Boomerang, his second will release a high-damage Power Boomerang, and his third will release one of each.
- Spin Cycle (requires level: 9): Roll (A) into enemies to damage them. Roll into a Buzzarang to attach it to Dino-Rang, damaging nearby enemies while it is connected. Dino-Rang's Double Jump (B) (B) will also damage enemies.
- "Come 'Rang or Shine!"
- "Nothin like a good beat down!"
- "That's right!"
- "Another one bites the 'rang!"
- "No worries!"
- "Maybe next time, eh buddy?"
- "Dino domination!"
- "Alright!" - opening a gate
- "Here I go!" - opening a gate
- "Nice place for a walkabout". - opening a gate
- "Uppyroo!" - using a bouncepad
- "Doozy!" using a bouncepad
- "Dino-myte!" - leveling up/upgrade
- "What a roo!" - leveling up/upgrade
- "Quite impressive, wouldn't ya say?" - stats screen
- "By golly!" - stats screen
- "Look at me new hat!" - wearing a hat
- "This'll keep the sun out of me eyes". - wearing a hat
- "Thanks, mate!" - being given a nickname
- "Good on ya!" - being given a nickname
- His appearance bears a resemblance to Vector the Crocodile from the Sonic the Hedgehog series.
- Dino-Rang, Spyro and Star Strike are the only Skylanders whose origin homes are not in Skylands.
- He, Crusher, Rubble Rouser, and Doom Stone are the only Earth Skylanders who use weapons.
- Dino-Rang is one of the eight Skylanders in Skylanders: Giants who did not get a Series 2 figure.
- His catchphrase is a play on "Come Rain or Shine"
- Dino-Rang speaks in an Australian accent.
- Dino-Rang can summon Stone Fists like Bash does.
- He also bears a resemblance to a Stegosaurus or an Alligator.
- He also resembles the platypus hunter Liam from the Phineas and Ferb episode "Primal Perry", as both use boomerangs as weapons and speak in Australian accents.
- He, Bash and Slobber Tooth are currently the only Skylanders who are dinosaurs.
- His name is a pun on the words "Dinosaur" and "Boomerang".
- In Swap Force, Dino-Rang's profile picture has the Obsidian Armor upgrade.
- In Swap Force, every time he performs the Stonefist Traps, they immediately pop out of the ground rather than waiting for enemies to step on them.
- ↑ Skylanders Official Sticker Book, page 13