|Appears in:|| Skylanders: Swap Force |
Skylanders: Trap Team
|Attacks/Actions:|| Mystic Missiles |
|English Voice Actor:||Nolan North|
|First Release:||Skylanders: Swap Force|
- "Can't Beat the Beetle!"
- —Dune Bug's official catchphrase
Hailing from a race of beetles changed by the powerful secrets hidden in a buried Arkeyan city, Dune Bug was next in line to become the defender of those secrets. As a small pupa, Dune Bug and his father would travel to the ruins where he learned to read the ancient writings using his father's magic staff. On the day Dune Bug was to be given his own magic staff, the city fell under attack by the evil Sand Mages of Doom, who were after the secret Arkeyan tomes. Knowing what he had to do, Dune Bug used his magic to defeat the Mages and bury the city deeper into the ground until it was forever out of their reach. Dune Bug earned his magic staff that day - and a place alongside the Skylanders.
- Health: 260 (max. 520)
- Speed: 25 (max. 73)
- Armor: 24 (max. 54)
- Critical Hit: 4 (max. 54)
- Elemental Power: 25 (max. 75)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 60
- Defense: 130
- Agility: 40
- Luck: 100
|Several images are missing in Dune Bug's upgrade list. If you have the high quality images of their respective upgrades from the game of Skylanders, please add them in the links that are on the list.
NOTE: Do NOT upload the upgrade pictures from darkSpyro.net due to the site watermarks plastered on those pictures. If there are already watermarked upgrade images, please feel free to replace them with un-watermarked versions.
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
| Soul Gem Ability|
Requires Soul Gem from:
|Mystic Missiles||Dune Ball||Buggy Buddy|
|Dune Parade||Debilitating Dunes||Bursting Magic||Buzzing Beetle|
Scarab Sage Path
|Stunning Spread||Scarab Power||Magic Scarab Ride|
Dune Mage Path
|Dune Bomb||Hardened Shell||Sparking Wings|
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- 3DSpower1 (Primary Attack): 3DSpower1desc
- 3DSpower2 (Secondary Attack): 3DSpower2desc
- 3DSupgrade1 (requires level: 3DSupgrade1level): 3DSupgrade1desc
- 3DSupgrade2 (requires level: 3DSupgrade2level): 3DSupgrade2desc
- 3DSupgrade3 (requires level: 3DSupgrade3level): 3DSupgrade3desc
- "Can't Beat the Beetle!"
- "A force to be reckoned with!"
- "I'm on a roll!"
- "Another triumph!"
- "Up and away!"
- "The beetle to battle!"
- "The beetle goes on!"
- "Score for the scarab!"
- "Beetle blast!" - leveled up
- "My journey lies ahead!" - When opening a gate
- "Pushing on!" - When opening a gate
- "Rolling through!" - When opening a gate
- "This is no mirage!" - When finding treasure
- "A Pharaohs fortune!" - When finding treasure
- "I think I need an Abacus!" - When checking stats
- "Might as well be hieroglyphics!" - When checking stats
- "A fancy look for me... too fancy!" - When wearing a hat
- "A look for the ages!" - When wearing a hat
- Dune Bug's name is a play on "Dune Buggy".
- It may also be a pun on "Junebug" which is a type of scarab beetle.
- Dune Bug resembles a japanese rhinoceros beetle.
- He shares one of the same quotes with Roller Brawl, "I'm on a roll!"
- When he purchases "Hardened Shell" from his upgrade path, "Dune Mage", he will turn gold all over.
- He is the second Magic Skylander who can fly while Spyro is the first.
- In spite of trusting the Skylanders, Dune Bug never reveals the location of his ancestral home to them, not even to Master Eon.
- Dune Bug's British accent and his species name might be a reference to the Beatles.
- Dune Bug slightly resembles Eatle from Ben 10 Ultimate Alien.
- ↑ Skylanders Universe - The Complete Collection, page 119