- “Can't Beat the Beetle!”
- —Dune Bug's official catchphrase
Hailing from a race of beetles changed by the powerful secrets hidden in a buried Arkeyan city, Dune Bug was next in line to become the defender of those secrets. As a small pupa, Dune Bug and his father would travel to the ruins where he learned to read the ancient writings using his father's magic staff. On the day Dune Bug was to be given his own magic staff, the city fell under attack by the evil Sand Mages of Doom, who were after the secret Arkeyan tomes. Knowing what he had to do, Dune Bug used his magic to defeat the Mages and bury the city deeper into the ground until it was forever out of their reach. Dune Bug earned his magic staff that day - and a place alongside the Skylanders.
Using magic to mutate beetles sounds like a recipe for disaster, but when ancient Arkeyan secrets did just that, things somehow worked out for the best and a noble bug race was born. One young beetle, by the name of Dune Bug, dedicated himself to guarding those Arkeyan secrets from the forces of darkness. When evil came calling, Dune Bug sent it packing, and drove his city deeper underground where it remains safely out of harm's way.
- Health: 260 (max. 520)
- Speed: 25 (max. 73)
- Armor: 24 (max. 54)
- Critical Hit: 4 (max. 54)
- Elemental Power: 25 (max. 75)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 60
- Defense: 130
- Agility: 40
- Luck: 100
|Several images are missing in Dune Bug's upgrade list. If you have the high quality images of their respective upgrades from the game of Skylanders, please add them in the links that are on the list.
NOTE: Do NOT upload the upgrade pictures from darkSpyro.net due to the site watermarks plastered on those pictures. If there are already watermarked upgrade images, please feel free to replace them with un-watermarked versions.
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
|Mystic Missiles||Dune Ball||
Press Attack 2 twice to summon Buggy, a little bug who rides a dune ball and rolls up nearby enemies.
|Dune Parade||Debilitating Dunes||Bursting Magic||Buzzing Beetle|
Hold Attack 2 to create a Dune Ball. Move the Dune Ball to make it grow, increasing damage, size, and how many enemies can be trapped.
Hold Attack 2 to create a Dune Ball. Move the Dune Ball over enemies to trap them. Press Attack 1 to shoot enemies in the Dune Ball and do increased damage to them.
Hold Attack 1 to fire rapid streams of powerful magic from a new staff.
Press Attack 3 to hover in the air. Speed is increased while hovering!
|Scarab Sage Path|
|Stunning Spread||Scarab Power||Magic Scarab Ride|
Hold Attack 1 for a short time to charge the staff, release to shoot three powerful exploding orbs of magic at enemies.
Gain a new golden staff that shoots magic projectiles that do increased damage.
Jump while hovering to create a large shockwave that damages nearby enemies.
|Dune Mage Path|
|Dune Bomb||Hardened Shell||Sparking Wings|
Hold Attack 1 for a short time to charge the staff, release to shoot a dune grenade that traps enemies and explodes.
Armor is increased. A new hardened shell reduces damage taken.
Press Attack 3 to hover, causing sparks of magic to shoot out from behind.
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- 3DSpower1 (Primary Attack): 3DSpower1desc
- 3DSpower2 (Secondary Attack): 3DSpower2desc
- 3DSupgrade1 (requires level: 3DSupgrade1level): 3DSupgrade1desc
- 3DSupgrade2 (requires level: 3DSupgrade2level): 3DSupgrade2desc
- 3DSupgrade3 (requires level: 3DSupgrade3level): 3DSupgrade3desc
- "Can't Beat the Beetle!"
- "A force to be reckoned with!"
- "I'm on a roll!"
- "Another triumph!"
- "Up and away!"
- "The beetle to battle!"
- "The beetle goes on!"
- "Score for the scarab!"
- "Beetle blast!" - leveled up
- "More power!"
- "My journey lies ahead!" - When opening a gate
- "Pushing on!" - When opening a gate
- "Rolling through!"
- "This is no mirage!" - When finding treasure
- "A Pharaoh's fortune!"
- "I think I need an Abacus!" - When checking stats
- "Might as well be hieroglyphics!"
- "A fancy look for me... too fancy!" - When wearing a hat
- "A look for the ages!" - When wearing a hat
- "Doesn't bug me one bit!" - when given a nickname
- "So let it be written!"
- Dune Bug's name is a play on "Dune Buggy".
- It may also be a pun on "Junebug" which is a type of scarab beetle.
- Dune Bug resembles a Japanese rhinoceros beetle.
- He shares one of the same quotes with Roller Brawl, "I'm on a roll!"
- When he purchases "Hardened Shell" from his upgrade path, "Dune Mage", he will turn gold all over.
- He is the second Magic Skylander who can fly while Spyro is the first.
- In spite of trusting the Skylanders, Dune Bug never reveals the location of his ancestral home to them, not even to Master Eon.
- Dune Bug's British accent and his species name might be a reference to the Beatles.
- Dune Bug slightly resembles Eatle from Ben 10 Ultimate Alien.
- Dune Bug is the second insect Skylander (the first being Swarm, the third being High Five, and the fourth being Thrillipede).
- Dune Bug is voiced by Nolan North, who is the current voice actor for Deadpool in most MARVEL animated media. North also worked with James Arnold Taylor, Jess Harnell, and Richard Steven Horvitz as the voices of Sigmund, Ratchet, the Plumber, and Pollyx respectively.
- Dune Bug's italian catchphrase is "Questo Insetto Non Si Batte!", which means the same but replaces "beetle" with "bug" to keep the same musicality.