- “No Chain, No Gain!”
- —Ghost Roaster's official catchphrase
Ghost Roaster is known for his relentless, undying appetite for ghosts (particularly evil ghosts). However, being a chef, he is good in the kitchen for making delicious recipes. Despite his scary behavior, he seems unfazed by pranks such as Camo's.
There was a time when Ghost Roaster was neither a ghost nor a roaster. Instead he was a chef living in a village high in the mountains. One day, while clipping wool from a sheep to use in a recipe, he accidentally fell into the Valley of the Undead and transformed into a ghost eating ghoul! After eating an entire spectral village, its Ethereal Ruler chained Ghost Roaster to a spiked ball as punishment -- its rattle heard as he wanders the night, warning nearby spirits. When Master Eon eventually heard of his predicament, he figured even a ghost eater could be useful. So he made Ghost Roaster a Skylander... after he promised to eat only evil ghosts.
Ghost Roaster absolutely loved food. From spectre soup to phantasm fries, he regarded any undead recipe with relish (and sometimes tops them with relish too). But Ghost Roaster wasn't always a gobbling soul; he was once a simple chef called Olav. Olav lived in a mountain-top village and was said to serve the best sheep-wool stew in all of Skylands (not that anyone had ever tried it anywhere else there). One day, when Olav was wandering the hills searching for sheep (or, more specifically, their wool), he slipped down the mountain side. Luckily he bounced on his behind and made a soft landing in the valley below. Unluckily his bottom was badly bruised. More unluckily still, he had entered the Valley of the Undead, and his days as a friendly foodie were over.
A famished Olav, or 'Ghost Roaster' as he decided to call himself, went in immediate search for a bite to eat. Luckily, a nearby ghost town was spilling over with puffy white spooks - which Ghostie promptly treated as a paranormal all-you-can-eat buffet. Understandably, the town's etheral ruler was a little irritated to find its inhabitants completely devoured. So, as punishment, he chained Ghost Roaster to a rattling spiked ball to warn any wandering spirits. Taking pity on the skeletal ghoul, Master Eon made Ghost Roaster a Skylander - but only after he swore not to turn Hex into a hamburger.
Secret Agent Secrets
|WARNING: This section contains spoilers below! (Skip section)|
With the three SuperChargers imprisoned, Spellslamzer announced his plan to raid the Mabu Radiance mines of its rare and powerful minerals, controlling the crystal supply to become the supreme power in all of Skylands. As Stormblade wondered why Voodood, Ghost Roaster, and Boomer would turn their backs on Skylands and Master Eon, Ghost Roaster revealed that he and the other two Elites grew tired of being tossed aside and forgotten while the Skylanders such as the SuperChargers, SWAP Force and the Giants are more appreciated. The ghost Skylander would later stop Spitfire, Stormblade and Nightfall when they attempted to escape and Spellslamzer had the three SuperChargers strapped helplessly to the front of their own vehicles as the evil Spell Punk and his army ride out towards the Mabu mines.
During their attack on the Radiance Mines, Voodood and Boomer turned against Spellslamzer, revealing that all three Elites were pretending to be evil from the start. However Ghost Roaster held onto the belief that he and the Elites would simply be tossed aside and forgotten even if they turn in Spellslamzer; the ghoul remained on Spellslamzer's side, eventually engaging his former friends in battle. He fought against Stormblade and got his ball and chain stuck to the ground during the struggle. Ghost Roaster demanded Stormblade to take him down like any other bad guy, but she refused, reminding Ghost Roaster that he was a hero and someone who takes a special kind of courage to risk so much for no reward.
Moved by Stormblade's words, Ghost Roaster threw his ball and chain at the Radiance crystals under Spellslamzer, blowing them up and knocking Spellslamzer unconscious. The ghoul Skylander returned to the side of good, complimenting Stormblade's heroism and receiving forgiveness for his actions from his fellow Skylanders.
|Spoilers end here.|
Being a ghoul, Ghost Roaster can turn intangible to avoid enemy attacks before returning to physical form to attack his opponents. He can also turn into a flaming and speeding skull, and strikes his enemies using his spiked ball tail. His special power is turning making himself immune to all atttacks, but he will lose health over time while it is active.
- Health: 280 (max. 560)
- Speed: 43 (max. 91)
- Armor: 24 (max. 54)
- Critical Hit: 20 (max. 70)
- Elemental Power: 25 (max. 75)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 60
- Defense: 85
- Agility: 40
- Luck: 40
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
| Soul Gem Ability|
Requires Soul Gem from:
|Chain Whip||Skull Charge||Lingering Curse|
|Pain Chain||Metalhead||Ectoplasm Mode||Haunt|
This upgrade path lets you further develop your Ectoplasmic abilties.
|Phase Shift Burst||Ecto-Friendly||Nightmare Touch|
This upgrade path lets you further develop your Skull Dash attack.
|Fright Bite||Unfinished Business||Life Transfer|
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- Tail Flail (Primary Attack): Press (Y) repeatedly to whip enemies with Ghost Roaster's ball and chain.
- Ghostly Gathering (Secondary Attack): Press (X) to summon two ghosts. Press (X) again to send a ghost at the nearest enemy. The enemy will be haunted and take damage for a few seconds.
- Skull Sprint (requires level: 2): Press (X) to summon ghosts, then Sprint (A) to consume a ghost and turn Ghost Roaster into a giant skull. When in skull form, Ghost Roaster will damage nearby enemies.
- Flailspin (requires level: 5): Press (Y), (Y), then hold (Y) to keep spinning Ghost Roaster's ball and chain. Use the Circle Pad to move Ghost Roaster during a Flailspin and reach more enemies.
- Scary Stun (requires level: 8): Press (X) for Ghost Roaster's Ghostly Gathering. Nearby enemies will be stunned when he summons ghosts.
- "No Chain, No Gain!"
- "Bad to the bone!"
- "Spooky good!"
- "Didn't see me coming did ya?!"
- "Gonna slip right through!"
- "Fun fun fun!"
- "It's scary how good I am!"
- "Easy as ghost pie!"
- "It's beautiful in the underworld this time of year!"
- "Good enough to eat!" - When opening a treasure chest
- "Stopping by my old haunts!" - When entering an Undead elemental area
- "The ghost with the most!" - When checking stats
- "Shall we engrave these numbers?"
- "Oh! Good look for me!" - When given a hat
- "Ooh! I'll look great in this!"
- "Ooh, scary!" - When given a nickname
- "Think I can get used to this."
- Ghost Roaster's catchphrase 'No Chain, No Gain' is a joke on the saying 'No Pain, No Gain'.
- He is the first Skylander that can die in the hub worlds of the Skylanders series.
- Since Trap Team, he and High Five can literally drain their own health until they are defeated.
- Ghost Roaster's design looks like a mix between a ghost, a grim reaper, and a vampire.
- Like Pac Man, Ghost Roaster eats ghosts.
- Ghost Roaster is voiced by John Kassir who voices the Cryptkeeper in Tales from the Crypt. Both characters also have undead traits.
- His name may have been a reference to Marvel's Ghost Rider.
- Ghost Roaster was originally called Ghost Eater.
- There is a glitch in Swap Force where if you jump while in Ectoplasm Mode, Ghost Roaster's chain becomes transparent until he enters Ectoplasm Mode again.
- He, Bash, and Bop both have spikeballs attached to them.
- There is a glitch in Giants where you cannot complete his quest Grave Circumstances after getting the Fright Bite upgrade.
- One time Ghost Roaster was about to unknowingly crack open one of Sonic Boom's eggs into a mixing bowl to whip up a batch of pancakes. Needless to say Sonic Boom wasn't happy, and poor Ghost Roaster didn't know what hit him!
- He and Smash Hit have spiked balls at the end of their chains.