The Giants, also known as the Elder Elementals, are large beings who are the original Skylanders as well as one of the key playable characters in Skylanders: Giants. There are a total of eight Giants, one of each original element.
Giants have the ability to lift, throw, and destroy trees, towers, rocks, and other things that normal Skylanders can't destroy. While normal Skylanders can only destroy rocks with the help of bombs or cannons, Giants can do so with their bare hands without the use of powerups. They can also destroy crates, Chompies, and other objects that may contain coins just by walking on them.
An important ability only used by the Giants is the Feats of Strength. Giants are required at certain moments to complete feats of strength that provide access to the next level in the game world. For instance this may involve pulling two floating islands together, or lifting walls of logs.
The original Skylanders were the Giants, who united their powers to defeat the Arkeyan King ten thousand years ago. The Giants banded together and fought for the freedom of Skylands against the Arkeyans, who ruled over Skylands thousands of years ago with an iron fist. In a final battle against the Arkeyans, the Giants were banished to Earth by the Iron Fist of Arkus, where they’ve been buried underground until recent days. As the years passed, the Giants were considered as a myth.
In Skylanders: Giants, the Portal Masters discovered and summoned the Giants back to Skylands to help the Skylanders fight Kaos before he could reawaken the Arkeyan army with the help of the Conquertron. In a race to reach the Lost City of Arkus, the Skylanders and their allies fought to keep Kaos from using the Fist's powers, and the Giants remained in the team to help them in subsequent adventures.
List of Giants
- The Giants were referred to as the Elder Elementals, the most powerful of all of the Skylanders who were first mentioned in a Story Scroll in Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure.
- The Scroll also said that they possessed powers of light and darkness within their flesh, which might refer to their light-up feature.
- Each of the Giants have the symbol of their element somewhere on them, for example, Tree Rex has the Life element symbol on his forehead.
- Thumpback, Swarm, Eye-Brawl, and Hot Head are the only Giants without any in game variants other than Minis.
- During the production of Skylanders: Giants, there was once a Giant Arkeyan Robot resembling Chop Chop made for the game but was scrapped, nicknamed Chop Chop Daddy.
- When summoning Giants, they originally jumped down from the sky and damage nearby enemies instead of appearing in their magic moment first.
- In Giants, they are unable to flinch even after enemies attack them. But in Swap Force, they flinch as well as can be knocked away by stronger enemies and bosses.
- Giants can open treasure chests faster than other Skylanders. There are also specific golden chests that only Giants can open.
- They are the only team of non-Core Skylanders without Dark counterparts.