|This article is about the character from the games. You may be looking for the character from the spinoff TV series.|
- “As good as gold and a lot more evil.”
- —Villain Vault
- “I Reign Supreme!”
- —Golden Queen's Sensei catchphrase
In Skylanders: SuperChargers, she appears in races unlocked by the Sea Trophy, in which she can be unlocked as a playable racer. Later, in Skylanders: Imaginators, the Golden Queen agrees to become a Sensei and teach Imaginators of the Sorcerer Class.
The idea of the Golden Queen first originated from I-Wei Huang's concept designs for the Weapon Master in Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure of a living statue. Feeling attached to the design, he brought it back in Skylanders: Giants to create a female statue character, which evolved into a figure wearing with gold armor and weaponry similar to those of the Arkeyan Duelists. In Skylanders: Trap Team, the Golden Queen was based on the character idea, being worked on by Jeff Murchie instead  going through different armor and color variations before finalizing into the current design concept for the Queen. The scrapped concepts from Giants were later used for the development of Barbella.
As her name suggests, the Golden Queen completely values solid gold of any kind. She is extremely greedy, never having enough gold until all of it in the world of Skylands was hers. In her attempt to satisfy her desire for more gold, she would turn objects and people into gold. As leader of the Doom Raiders, she has a feared, yet respected position among her allies. The Golden Queen however, can be easily angered (which causes her to glow brightly) if things don't turn out the way they were planned, and she doesn't tolerate failure. Despite having recruited the Doom Raiders, she shows no concern when several of them were captured as long as their roles in helping to complete the Ultimate Weapon were fulfilled.
The Golden Queen firmly believes that gold surpasses everything, including friendship. When she turned Cali to gold, she claimed that the frozen Mabu was something more precious to her than just a friend to the Skylanders. On one occasion, she became aggressive and reckless when a golden egg was stolen from her in Graduation Day, and turning down the opportunity of ruling Skylands if it meant having all the gold in the world instead. In her Meet the Villains trailer, she mentions having been "fed with a silver spoon, but [she] didn't want silver, [she] wanted gold!", implying that the Golden Queen was always spoiled even from a young age.
After her rehabilitation, the Golden Queen lost much of her obsession with gold, but kept her aggressive and prideful personality even in the side of the heroes.
A wicked queen made entirely of gold and rich beyond her wildest imagination, the aptly named Golden Queen would gladly trade her entire fortune for just a little more. But why trade when you can steal? And that’s what she did. She stole, and stole, and stole! But no matter how much she took, it was never enough. Through evil sorcery, she even learned how to turn people and objects into solid gold. However, that STILL wasn’t enough. The idea that any amount of treasure in Skylands did not belong to her was infuriating, so she embarked on a quest to take every last cent of it. But she couldn’t do it alone. It was then that she formed the Doom Raiders – the most notorious group of villains ever assembled. As the leader, the Golden Queen promised riches, world domination, and even all-you-can-eat shrimp in order to recruit special criminals to serve her cause. Together, the Doom Raiders terrorized Skylands until Master Eon and the Trap Masters put a stop to them, locking up all of them inside Cloudcracker Prison!
Skylanders: Trap TeamAfter Kaos freed the Doom Raiders from the prison, the Golden Queen stopped her fellow comrades from attacking the evil Portal Master and revealed to him that she had already developed a plan to rule Skylands. Creating an ultimate weapon made from Traptanium, the Queen planned on using it to obtain all of the gold in the world other than ruling Skylands, a plan which irritated Kaos. The Golden Queen was challenged to an 'Evil-Off' by a furious Kaos for leadership of the Doom Raiders and the control over all of Skylands. She easily won the duel by simply turning Kaos into a golden statue and abandoned him in parts unknown, taking Glumshanks with her and the remaining Doom Raiders.
When the green goo needed to supply the Ultimate Weapon was cut off by the Skylanders, the Golden Queen wasn't pleased by Dr. Krankcase's failure but heeded his alternate solution to the problem. To power up their machine, they could use a slice of cheese provided by Krankcase and bury it, then go to 10,000 years into the future when the cheese would become stinky enough to power the Ultimate Weapon. The Golden Queen then ordered both Wolfgang and Dr. Krankcase to find and capture Kaos, as a Portal Master was needed to travel through time. Despite Krankcase's and Wolfgang's defeat at the hands of the Skylanders, Wolfgang was able to send the stinky slice of cheese from 10,000 years in the future to the Golden Queen's doorstep.
With the Ultimate Weapon at full power, she sent a transmission to all of Skylands where she gave her demands like the surrender of the Skylanders, the freedom of the Doom Raiders, all gold in Skylands be delivered to her in tribute, and she reserved the royal right to make an infinite number of rules. To prove a point to all of Skylands, she made an example of those who oppose her by transporting Time Town to the inside of a crystal globe that was held in the palm of her hand. The Skylanders were able to locate the Golden Queen's location, The Golden Desert, which is home to Chompy Worms and undead soldiers under the Queen's servitude. While navigating through the desert with Cali, the Golden Queen became infuriated by the intrusion and turned Cali into a gold statue. The Skylanders were able to drive off the Queen's forces and save Cali, but the Doom Raider escaped. In response to the opposition, the Golden Queen ordered the Ultimate Weapon to be directed to the Skylanders Academy.To stop the Ultimate Weapon, the Skylanders would have to defeat the Golden Queen. They entered her lair to confront the Queen, who intended to turn the Skylander into a golden trophy. During the heat of the battle, the Golden Queen plunged herself into a pool of gold and grew enormous in size. She soon began chasing after the Skylander and Cali down the stairs leading to her throne, only to be trapped under a stone arch. The Skylanders brought down the arch upon the Queen, defeating her and ending her reign of terror by capturing her.
After her incarceration and Kaos revealing his true plan to the Portal Masters on Earth, she was brought by the heroes to the Great Machine itself for her Villain Quest, provided by a familiar ally, Dr. Noobry. He introduced the Skylanders to the Piggybank-o-matic 3001. He theorized that the missing ingredient is gold, and of course the rehabilitated queen knows all about the valuable element. Noobry was grateful for her arrival, and she activated the swine gold dispenser, being rewarded by the Mabu with a new outfit and the ability to activate the Piggybank-o-matics throughout the level.
Skylanders Issue #12 (Graduation Day)
The Golden Queen and few of the Doom Raiders, Wolfgang, Dr. Krankcase, and The Gulper, infiltrated the Skylander Academy under the guise of a musical band named "The Evil Imposters" set for the school's graduation party. When their equipment was unloaded, the Doom Raiders immediately revealed their true identities and the Golden Queen proceeded to turn all present school faculty into gold statues while her allies scared away the guests. The Golden Queen plotted to ambush the returning Skylanders and turn them to gold as well, leaving them to a golden fate.
However the Minis came to notice the Golden Queen's evil deeds and took out Wolfgang and Dr Krankcase within the Skylander Academy. Upon noticing that something wasn't right, the Golden Queen was caught by surprise when Pet-Vac swiped her golden egg and she chased after the Mini Sky Baron around the courtyard. When The Gulper captured the other Minis, the Golden Queen was willing to spare them for the return of her golden egg. Pet-Vac gave the Golden Queen back the egg, but used his vacuum jet pack to suck in the Queen's staff into his grasp, allowing Pet-Vac to turn The Gulper to gold and freeing the other Minis. Without her golden staff, the Golden Queen was forced to surrender.
The Golden Queen reappears as a playable racer equipped with her own vehicle, the Glitter Glider. When bested in her Boss Pursuit, the player will be able to race as the Golden Queen.
During her rehabilitation, Master Eon gave the Golden Queen and other villains a choice – either remain imprisoned in the newly-rebuilt Cloudcracker Prison or become Skylander Senseis, teaching a new generation of Imaginators their formidable battle skills as well as how to stay clear of a life of crime. The villains accepted the deal but first had to prove themselves by re-arranging all the books in the Academy's library, a task which took almost two years, and much to the Queen’s dismay, had nothing to do with gold. But this gave her an opportunity to rethink her insatiable desire for treasure and that maybe there is more to life than stealing. She now trains the Sorcerer Class and considers herself mostly reformed.
The Golden Queen goes to the Dreamcatcher for relationship advice, but found it questionable.
The Golden Queen is well aware of Wolfgang's rage and will put him in his place without hesitation if he is out of line or dares to question her authority. The two villains were in a heated argument when Wolfgang was concerned over his fellow Doom Raiders being captured by the Skylanders. Despite this, when she brought Skylands to its knees, the Golden Queen demanded to the Skylanders to free her fellow Doom Raiders, including Wolfgang. However, now that the two former Doom Raiders are Skylanders themselves, they are on much friendlier terms with one another, and they follow King Pen's orders without question, even though they can have disagreements from time to time.
Golden Queen appears to treat Gulper with disinterest and like a child, mostly only ordering him around to attack others.
Through evil sorcery, the Golden Queen learned how to turn anyone or anything into solid gold with a touch of her finger or with the power of her golden staff. Being made of gold and other riches, she can regenerate herself by absorbing golden treasures. She can conjure a golden forcefield to protect her self, levitate herself, create golden butterfly-like devices that send spinning disks, and generate rings of energy from her staff. When submerged in liquid gold, she can grow to a large size. After completing her Villain Quest, she is able to activate Dr. Noobry's Piggybank-o-matic 3001s, seemingly transforming them into sentient robotic pigs. However, that appears to be a side effect, as they cough out treasure involuntarily then fall over exhausted.
Battecast Spell Cards
In Skylanders: Battlecast, the Golden Queen can summon a horde of golden scarabs and instantly knock out her foes by transforming them into gold weights; and increase the cost of enemy spells in different ways.
|Scarab - Passive||Scarab Swarm||The Gold Standard|
|The Queen's Decree||Supreme Command - Special Ability|
- Health: ??? (max. 0)
- Speed: ?? (max. 48)
- Armor: ?? (max. 30)
- Critical Hit: ?? (max. 50)
- Elemental Power: ?? (max. 50)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 80
- Defense: 200
- Agility: 150
- Luck: 320
In Imaginators she has become a Sensei of the Sorcerer class and thus more of her abilities were revealed. She can now shoot golden scarab beetles from her staff, charging a single one up with gold so it grows to a large size and creates a wide wave of golden energy around it. She can create earth shockwaves along with her golden rings of energy that turn enemies they hit into gold that can be hit for treasure. Golden Queen can also become giant from the waist up even without any nearby gold sources while burrowing through the ground, gaining the ability to shoot eye lasers and immense strength. Her Sky-Chi allows her to grow scarab wings while her eyes glow white, and lead a large swarm of golden scarabs through the area.
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
Requires unlocking from the
Sorcerer Sensei Shrine
|Winged Scarabs||Golden Shockwave||
Hold Attack 2 to transform into Giant Queen. Press Attack 1 to smash the ground and Attack 3 to shoot eye lasers!
|Blinded By Gold||Royal Guard||Golden Opportunity||18 to 24 Karats|
Winged Scarabs now release gold dust on enemies, slowing them down temporarily.
Press Attack 3 to summon a Guard Turret that fires golden blades at enemies.
When using Golden Shockwave, any enemies that are defeated when in a golden statue sometimes turn into coins.
Winged Scarabs and Guard Turrets now cause more damage when attacking.
|Colossal Scarab||Worth Its Weight||Gold Rush|
Hold Attack 1 to grow a larger and more powerful scarab.
Winged Scarabs now deal more damage.
Colossal Scarabs now release a wave of gold dust that causes additional damage for a short time. The larger your scarab, the greater the wave.
|In My Defense|
|Extra Guard||Shields of Gold||Compound Interest|
You can summon an additional Guard Turret to join your defenses.
Guard Turrets are protected by a force field that knocks enemies back.
If you hit a Guard Turret with the Winged Scarabs attack, the turret will fire golden blades in all directions.
- "Don't think us ungrateful for what you've done, Kaos. You and the troll may stay. If only to bear witness to MY plan to bring Skylands to its knees! And believe me, this one's solid gold!"
- "Dr. Krankcase, how's progress going on my Ultimate Weapon?"
- "And then, I will have all the GOLD in the world!"
- "I'd rather have the gold."
- "(laughs) That's rich, but please... tell us what exactly is an Evil-Off?"
- "I'd like to thank you, Kaos! That was the most fun I've had in a long... long time."
- "Are you telling me...YOU FAILED, DR. KRANKCASE?!?!"
- "What are you waiting for?? Both of you! Retrieve Kaos, at once! I want that cheese!!"
- "Didn't I warn you, Skylander? Didn't I warn you to stay away from my sacred temple? No? Well, I have been very busy lately? It was definitely on my to-do list. Anyway, I suppose you're here to save your friend? But she is no longer your friend. She has become something much more precious to me. And I have no intention of giving her back!"
- "You will pay for your insolence - literally. I could always use more gold."
- Now Skylander, I am sure in some circles your heroism and bravery is really quite appreciated but it's getting into my world domination so I'll be putting an end to it right now. Since none of the currently undead minions are capable of defeating you, I'm afraid I'm about to bring back someone very SPECIAL back to unlife - GRAAAAAAVE CLOOOOBBEEEEER! Arise from your tomb!"
- "Welcome Skylander, such a pleasure to meet you again, for the last time! You're going to make an even more impressive golden trophy than your little friend did!"
- "As you can see, gold has many uses!"
- "I hope this rings a bell, Skylander!"
- "Only a matter of time before I defeat you! Why delay the inevitable?"
- "Enough! Enough with your insolence, insubordination, and about ten other things! ATTAAAAAAAAACK!!!!"
- "Choose wisely, Portal Master: wealth beyond your wildest dreams, or whatever the ridiculous alternative is."
- "Wait... I never got to make more demands! Here's one- WHOOOAAAAA!!"
- "What?! How dare you put me in here?! Although I guess now that I think about it, it's probably a taste of my own medicine." - when trapped
- "Me? Working on the side of good? I'd say strangest things have happened, but I'm not sure they have."
- "Worth my weight in goooooooollllllldddddd!" - entering the game
- "All hail the queen."
- "Return of the Queen."
- "The golden era begins!"
- "I can't believe that fool Kaos stole my weapon! I will believe that he tried, just not that he actually succeeded."
- "I really should've kept a more watchful eye on that Kaos. You should've too, apparently."
- "Hope they got their money's worth."
- "The only one here who seems to have their head screwed on properly is Auric. Like the way that guy thinks."
- "A fine academy, Skylander, but it could use decoration. Might I suggest gold? Everywhere?"
- "Well it's not my royal palace. But I will learn to live here, in time."
- "That was truly a golden era! But now I must rest."
- "I'm even stronger here... That's really saying something." - Villain Elemental Area
- "That creature speaks my name? Bring me in, and I shall investigate this further." - Quest
- "Let's go, Skylander!" - When Flynn asks if you're ready to go.
- "Alright, keep moving!"
- "Your health is low, Skylander, and you have a queen at the ready! Need I say more?"
- "I'd gladly accept them into my royal guard." - When collecting a Soul Gem
- "Who dares challenge me?!" - Battle Introduction
- "All hail the queen!"
- Return to power!" - swapping in
- "Prepare to perish."
- "A royal exit!" - swapping out
- "I shall return!"
- "My value grows." - rank up
- "Worth my weight in gold!"
- "Very worthy of me." - Summoning a Gear
- "Fit for a queen!"
- "Marvelous!" - Summoning a Relic
- "Arise, my beauties!" - Scarab Swarm
- "Seek and devour!"
- "Goodbye, and good riddance!" - The Royal Decree
- "Crushed under my rule!"
- "You will lose at any cost!" - The Gold Standard
- "You will pay to cross me!"
- "It cannot be!" - when defeated
- "This is preposterous!"
- "This is most unfortunate..." - defeat at the end of battle
- "How dare you tarnish my image?!"
- "A royal beatdown!" - KOed an enemy
- "How impressive of me!"
- "Long live the queen!" - Victory
- "I reign supreme!"
- "What now?" - when poked
- "Hands off the queen."
- "That's no way of treating royalty!"
- "How dare you!"
- "I reign supreme!"
- "Behold, as I make all of your Imaginators more powerful than before!" - Sensei Training Bonus
- "And if anyone from the Sorcerer class wants to be the gold standard, they'll need my secret technique." - Secret Technique Bonus
- "Bow to your queen!"
- "I shall make you pay for this insolence!"
- "Treasure this!"
- "Golden butterfly, attack!"
- "Ascension"! - when on a bounce pad
- "You're golden!"
- "Right on!"
- "Hm hm! Pure gold." - taking a selfie
- "Ha ha! Easy money."
- "All must bow to the queen, or explode into XP balls!"
- "Long live the queen!" - level up
- "Stats you can truly bank on!" - checking stats
- "I am flawless like a diamond, but better - like gold."
- "Get them, my pretties - get them!" - Sky Chi - Scarab Swarm
- "Golden scarabs, protect your queen!"
- "That's what I call getting the royal treatment." - End of Sky Chi
- "All hail the queen!" - Sorcerer Sensei Shrine
- "My minions call me 'Her Majesty'. But you may know me as the Golden Queen!"
- "I believe in the golden rule. The lady in gold, rules!"
- "I wasn't asking for a lot. A large crown, a giant staff, shining jewels, a personal chef and all the power in Skylands!"
- "Under my reign, all that glitters is gold!"
- "Uh oh! A Trap! Now that's a royal pain in the- ahhhhhhhh!"
- "Wait, there's no throne in here!"
- "The Evil Imposters need time to prepare. This will be a show you'll never forget. Play it, Wolfie."
- "Gulper! No more gulping from the fountain, I need you at a manageable size right now."
- "Something's not right, but I won't let this golden opportunity slip away."
- "I give up. Point that thing somewhere else, okay?"
- The Ultimate Weapon - Bank On This
Villain Theme ♫
Golden Queen's villain theme is Bedouin Feast. Her boss battle themes are also modified versions of the songs Borderline and Casbah Market; all three are from APM Music.
- When angered, the Golden Queen glows brightly.
- She is voiced by CCH Pounder, who is notable for providing the voice of Amanda Waller in Batman: Arkham Origins and the Justice League.
- Her ability to touch and turn things and people into golden is similar to King Midas and the Golden Touch.
- She, Nightshade, and Chomp Chest are the only villains capable of producing gold.
- She and Chomp Chest are also Earth villains.
- The Golden Queen is the second Doom Raider to have the ability to grow in size (the first one being The Gulper).
- She and the Chompy Mage are the only Doom Raiders to summon allies (Grave Clobber and Chompies) of their element.
- Imhotep mentions in Lair of the Golden Queen that her favorite hat is the Classic Pot Hat.
- Though being made of gold, Golden Queen appears to eat normal food, running off with a large pig-like creature and a mouth full in the Snack Attack card in Battlecast.
- Notably, Golden Queen's wings in her Sky Chi do not appear to be made of gold or jewelry.
- When using her Sky-Chi or summoning golden butterflies in Imaginators, Golden Queen has a custom magic circle with numerous ancient Egyptian symbols, such as ankhs and the Eye of Horus.
- Golden Queen is similar to the Dragon of Earth Laethys from the MMO game Rifts. Both, the former before Imaginators, had the ideology that all of the world's riches belonged to them and sought out gold at any cost(including convincing others to steal on their behalf), and the latter's avatar is a golden creature with gems for eyes.
- As seen in the spin-off series Skylanders Academy, the Golden Queen wears leggings under her skirt and robe, only distinguishable from her skin when her boots are taken off.
- In Imaginators, Golden Queen grants to Imaginators her Pharaoh's Pride headdress decoration when first placed on the portal, and her staff when the Sorcerer Sensei Shrine is opened.
- She, King Pen, Wolfgang, Chompy Mage, and Crash Bandicoot are the only members of Senseis to appear in Skylanders Academy as of Season 1.
- Golden Queen, Dr. Krankcase and Pain-Yatta are the only villains who didn't change weapons when turning into Senseis in Skylanders: Imaginators.