- “A face only a mummy could love.”
- —Villain Vault
- “A Watery Grave Awaits!”
- —Grave Clobber's Sensei catchphrase
Skylanders: Trap Team
Grave Clobber was summoned by the Golden Queen as a last resort to defeat the Skylanders in The Golden Desert. Despite his threatening size, stature, and strength, Grave Clobber was bested and trapped.
Grave Clobber was once a great pharaoh who ruled the Golden Desert long ago. That was until his seven jealous brothers buried him in an underwater tomb while he was sleeping. But the remaining brothers still fought among themselves, and their infighting ultimately led to their kingdom falling apart and the family name being lost forever... almost. Because Grave Clobber eventually rose from his watery grave, and when he discovered what his brothers had done to their kingdom, he hunted each of them down and clobbered them. This was how he came to the attention of the Golden Queen, who now ruled the desert herself. She recruited Grave Clobber into her gang of Doom Raiders, but when the Skylanders defeated them once and for all, Master Eon thought that perhaps there was more to this mummy than meets the eye. He gave the old pharaoh a chance for redemption, and since nobody clobbered better than Grave Clobber, he was the perfect choice to be a Sensei trainer for the Brawler Class.
Grave Clobber can use his large fists for strong punches and cause shockwaves on the ground, and summon spiky bones that can be punched to throw bone shards into enemies. In Skylanders: Battlecast, he can imbue his fists with mud for a round of Fighting Dirty, and gain power from defeated teammates, even ones he sacrifices himself.
In Imaginators, his rocky fists are now full of water and fire off streams when he punches or create water waves when he does belly flops, and he can also summon dragon-like totems from the ground to reach enemies from afar or to do a powerful vertical suplex. Despite his slow walking speed, however, his Sky-Chi shows that his speed lies on his fists, as he throws punches so fast that tidal waves come out of them.
- "I'm going to bury you. HAHAHAHA!" - first appearance
- "You'll never catch the Clobber!"
- "Choose wisely or suffer grave consequences."- when defeated
- "Hey, I want my MUMMMMMMMYYYYYYYY!" - when trapping
- "ARGH, let me out of here! No crypt can ever be built that can hold me!!"
- "You want me to come back as good? Well then, show me the mummy!"
- "Don't let these bandages fool you, I, am magnificent!"
- "Pharaoh a go-gooooooo!!!" - when entering
- "Grave Clobber, ready to prowl!!"
- "Agh, this is a place I wouldn't be caught undead in!"
- "My fists feel no fear!"
- "My undead clobbering skills are at your service." - Quest
- "Next stop for you... The afterlife!" - Battle Introduction
- "You are in grave danger!"
- "Knuckle up!" - swapping in
- "Here we go!"
- "Taking a break!" - swapping out
- "Time for a rest!"
- "Eternal power!" - rank up
- "My strength has risen!"
- "Impressive!" - Summoning a Gear
- "Greatness abound!" - Summoning a Relic
- "A powerful tribute!"
- "A wise choice!" - randomly when playing spells
- "Let's hit some paydirt!" - Grave Danger
- "Let's dig deep!"
- "Packing a punch!" - KOed an enemy
- "A fitting end for you!"
- "The sands of time have run out..." - when defeated
- "Down for the count."
- "A grave outcome!" - defeat at the end of battle
- "I must be cursed...!"
- "It's a wrap!" - Victory
- "Eternal glory!"
- "Better wrap it up!" - when poked
- "What now?"
- "I'm here."
- "You're digging an early grave!"
- "I will bury you."
Villain Theme ♫
Grave Clobber's villain theme is Zombie Run, from APM Music.
- The name of his villain quest may be a reference to the song from Adventure Time, "Where is Finn?"
- He, Cuckoo Clocker and Hood Sickle are the only villains to be summoned by a Doom Raider.
- He is the only villain to be summoned by a different villain of the same element.
- His turning good quote is a pun off of the famous line in the movie Jerry Maguire.
- His head resembles that of the the Spirit of Delphi from Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters.
- His name is a play on the term "grave robber".
- Despite being a humanoid made of living stone, his imprisonment has turned him into an undead mummy. Because of this, he makes several references to the Undead element, despite not being elementally aligned with it in any of his appearances.
- Strangely, as seen in his villain introduction, his mouth's insides appear to be that of an organic creature.
- He is voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson, who also voiced Stump Smash and Tree Rex.
- As a Sensei, water droplets drip from Grave Clobber's body to indicate the change in his element.
- He and King Pen are both Brawler Senseis of the Water element.
- ↑ Book of Kaos, page 49