- “Blink and you'll miss him. But he won't miss you.”
- —Villain Vault
- “Any Last Words?”
- —Hood Sickle's Sensei catchphrase
Hood Sickle is a reaper who was originally one of the trappable Undead villains in Skylanders: Trap Team. In Skylanders: SuperChargers, he is an NPC racer, driving a Sky vehicle fashioned with skulls and ominous appendages.
In Skylanders: Imaginators, Hood Sickle is a Dark-elemental Sensei who teaches Imaginators of the Sentinel Battle Class, changing slightly in appearance. Similarly to Smash Hit from the previous game, he also has a Steel Plated counterpart.
Skylanders: Trap Team
Upon returning to the Skylanders Academy with the reaper, Pain-Yatta, and Dreamcatcher, the Skylanders took him inside the school to the Hat Shop for his Villain Quest with Hatterson, who had arrived for its grand opening after they, Mags, and Cali returned from Rainfish Riviera with the inventor's Information Squid, which happened to be Kaos in disquise who was offering his assistance to the Academy. The quest was called "Hatastrophe!", where the Molekin explained to the heroes that the Trolls had been making counterfeit hat machines that pop out non-magical hats and had been selling them on the black market, and needed Hood Sickle to shut the operation down. Afterwards, he was awarded with Hatterson's thanks and a new oufit, and told him and the Skylanders to come by his store anytime with new hats for sale.
At first glance, it’s easy to be frightened by Hood Sickle. Some say it’s his imposing stature that freaks them out. Others are unnerved by his menacing hood. But most just try to stay away from his long, sharp scythe – and it didn’t help that he had a bad habit of disappearing and then suddenly popping up behind unsuspecting people. In fact, the Trap Masters that locked him away in Cloudcracker Prison hoped they would never have to see him again. But Master Eon thought there might be a chance for Hood Sickle to change his ways. Everyone said Eon was crazy, but after spending time with the mysterious creep, Eon learned that Hood Sickle was actually not a bad guy – just really super spooky. Hood Sickle took his job of terrifying others very seriously, and Eon believed that perhaps he could bring a similar dedication to teaching others as a Sensei. Plus, he figured that Skylanders in training would certainly pay attention in his classes. This has all proven true, and Hood Sickle now teaches Sentinel Imaginators, who definitely hang on his every word. Or else.
Hood Sickle can strike with his spectral energy scythe and teleport ahead, summoning black ghosts in his wake. If he has active ghosts, they will explode whenever he swings his scythe.
- Health: 0 (max. 0)
- Speed: 0 (max. 48)
- Armor: 0 (max. 30)
- Critical Hit: 0 (max. 50)
- Elemental Power: 0 (max. 50)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 330
- Defense: 300
- Agility: 150
- Luck: 70
As a Sensei, he switches his previous weapon for a double-ended scythe that is now made of steel, and his ghosts are replaced by Dark Remnants which enhance his scythe attacks. He can also now create gravity wells that slow down enemies, and explode after a short time.
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
Requires unlocking from the
Sentinel Sensei Shrine
|Dark Scythe Combo||Dark Dislocation||
Attack a gravity well with your war scythe to create a tornado that shoots war scythes!
|Gravity Well||Extended Dislocation||Dark Combo||Detonate Gravity Wells|
Press Attack 3 to create a gravity well that slows enemies. Gravity wells explode after several seconds.
Hold Attack 2 to charge up a longer dash. Longer dashes do more damage.
Absorbing the dark remnants left over from dash grants more spins at the end of Dark Scythe Combo.
Gravity wells can be detonated by pressing Attack 3 twice in quick succession. Two gravity wells can exist at the same time.
|Sick Sickles and Darker Dislocations|
|More Remnants||Even More Remnants||Dark Stinger|
Now drop up to 4 remnants. Press Attack 1 to absorb them and gain an extra spin, armor, more speed, and more damage during the Dark Scythe Combo.
Now drop up to 6 remnants, which grant another combo spin, more speed, more damage, and projectile deflection for the duration of Dark Scythe Combo.
The last spin in Dark Scythe Combo now causes a powerful shockwave.
|That's a Swell Gravity Well|
|Longer and Stronger||Warp Pulse||Explosive Dash|
Gravity well does more damage and lasts longer.
Hit the gravity well with your war scythe for a shower of war scythes! So exfoliating!
Detonate the gravity well by attacking it with Dark Dislocation to trigger a large explosion of dark energy.
- "Your time is running out."
- "You'll never pull a hood over my eyes!"
- "A partnership with me can reap many rewards."
- "I've got an axe to grind with yoooooooooouuuuu!!" - when trapping
- "What? A trap? I'll just simply teleport out of here then. Did that work? No? GAAH!" - when trapped
- "You mean I can undertake the path of good now? Hmmm, let me think on it."
- "Heads UUPPPP!!"
- "Cutting in."
- "I knew the Skaletones from way back in their underworld days before they were cool."
- "I wonder if Persephone would consider a date with me. I've got no head, she's got no body, opposites attract, you know."
- "I reap what I sow."
- "The slice is nice!"
- "My scythe is at your service." - Quest
- "Feel the shadows!" - Player KO
- "Stop that!" - Spun Out
- "Any Last Words?"
- "If you wanna give your Imaginators power that is truly a cut above, I am the Sensei for the job." - Sensei Training Bonus
- "And I have a Secret Technique that will no doubt give your Sentinels the edge." - Secret Technique Bonus
- "Woo hoo."
- "A cut above the rest!"
- "Victory, any way you slice it!"
- "Who keeps saying 'level up'? Not that I'm complaining, mind you.' - Leveling up
- "May the void have mercy on you!" - Sky-Chi - (Scythe Scycle)
- "Darkness consumes all!" - End of Sky-Chi
- "I'm hood to go!" - Sentinel Sensei Shrine
- "Dark Dash."
- "Gives new meaning to the phrase,'at death's door'! Oh wait, no it doesn't, that joke/wordplay made no sense." - Opening a gate
- "A new hood for the hood!"
- "My skills are clearly on the cutting edge!" - Checking stats
- "Where is this place I'm in right now, the afterlife?"
Villain Theme ♫
Hood Sickle's theme is Excecutions, from APM Music.
- Both Hood Sickle and Grim Creeper are based on the Grim Reaper.
- Hood Sickle looks similar to a medieval executioner.
- Despite his name, Hood Sickle actually carries a scythe in both of his iterations.
- Hood Sickle was first mentioned in a MEGA! UK magazine before the character poster was revealed. Torch claims that Hood Sickle "gives her the creeps". 
- There's a glitch that allows Hood Sickle to teleport through certain Traptanium Gates (in Know-It-All Island, Chompy Mountain, and The Future of Skylands).
- He and Kaos are the only Villains with Quests at the Skylanders Academy. However, when Hood Sickle's Villain Quest is done once, it becomes unrepeatable.
- He has red eyes in his artwork, but white eyes in game.
- In Imaginators, they are now light yellow in the figure, and change between purple and reddish in the game.
- He, Cuckoo Clocker and Grave Clobber are the only villains to be summoned by another villain.
- He, Bomb Shell and Dreamcatcher are the only villains to say "Heads up!"
- His attack strategy is very similar to Axecutioners from Giants, both teleport and each swing a large sharp weapon.
- Also both wear some form of head-wear that obscure parts of their heads.
- Hood Sickle is one of the first characters to change elements between games permanently along with Tae Kwon Crow and Grave Clobber, in contrast with the Chompy Mage who can change his temporarily in Skylanders: Battlecast. However, the change is not explained in his backstory.
- Grave Clobber, Bad Juju and Hood Sickle are the first Undead to belong to a different element.
- Hood Sickle as a Sensei was mistakenly spelled as Hoodsickle in the official website and backstory.
- He is the only male Sensei of the Sentinel class.
- In Skylanders: Imaginators, his voice sounds slightly higher than it originally did prior to Skylanders: Trap Team.
- He, Tae Kwon Crow, Ninjini and Déjà Vu are the only Skylanders each with a catchphrase that ends with a question mark.
- Hood Sickle and Ninjini’s catchphrases are almost identical, due to them being based on the same phrase.
- Hood Sickle wondering whether Persephone would consider dating him is likely a reference to the Greek myth of Hades and the daughter of nature goddess Demeter (herself named Persephone). Being a God of the underworld, Hades is a very similar character to Hood Sickle.
- Oddly enough, another thing that the two characters have in common is that both of them have on several occasions been considered evil based solely on their frightening appearance, but have a good alignment.
- Since Hood Sickle was spawned inside a dream world, it's possible that he came from a nightmare (as well as possibly the rest of his species). This means that Hood Sickle could possibly be a dream creature of sorts.
- He bears a resemblance to the Pyramid Head monsters from the Silent Hill franchise.
- ↑ MEGA! - Issue 20, Page 27