- “Hey! I'm On Fire!”
- —Hot Head's official catchphrase
Impetuous is a good word to describe Hot Head. He just can't help himself. This Fire Giant is always burning with enthusiasm. He smothers his enemies in blazing blobs of burning oil first, and asks questions second.
Hot Head had always been a short tempered fire giant. But it was when magical oil was discovered in Skylands that fuel was really added to the fire. As exciting as the discovery was, the celebration lasted only 5 minutes - coming to an abrupt halt when Hot Head needed to cool off and plunged into the thick black pool, causing the entire island to explode! Though it would be another 2,000 years before magical oil was discovered again, the impact that it had on Hot Head was immediate. He was instantly infused with magical oil, giving him the ability to generate an infinite supply of fuel - making him incredibly volatile, highly combustible, and ready to torch anything that got in his way.
There's something about being on fire that can be sometimes make people irritable. This Giant, Hot Head, is no exception. A vast, towering Fire golem, the only thing short about Hot Head is his temper. Usually angry and often reckless, Hot Head once leapt into a pool of magical oil, the very first pool of magical oil ever to be discovered in Skylands. Hot Head hoped it would help him cool down. It didn't. The BOOM was heard all across Skylands, as the entire island Hot Head was on exploded in a spectacular fireball. Although most of the magical oil was instantly vaporized, some of it fused with Hot Head, granting him a limitless fuel supply and the ability to torch anything, or anyone, that might get in his way.
Directing his burning anger towards the Arkeyans, Hot Head was a valuable addition to the original Skylanders, while also helping cut down on their heating bills.
Hot Head can fire both flames and blobs of oil from his hands. He can also summon rain-like drops of fire from the sky. In Skylanders: Battlecast, he also has the ability to summon a Mood Ring Gear that increases his damage the more he is attacked, and, as well as having high health to shrug off attacks, many of his spells have conditions for him being attacked in the enemy turn. His Special Ability is Boiling Over, which increases his power and is more effective if he was attacked in that turn.
- Health: 430 (max. 860)
- Speed: 20 (max. 68)
- Armor: 12 (max. 42)
- Critical Hit: 80 (max. 130)
- Elemental Power: ?? (max. 50)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 150
- Defense: 120
- Agility: 60
- Luck: 80
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
| Soul Gem Ability|
Requires Soul Gem from:
|Flamefire Burst||Oil Blobs||Hot Rod|
|Premium Grade||Sizzle Shower||Turn Up The Heat!||Extended Forecast|
Further develop Hot Head's cooking skills.
|Eternal Flame||Hot Oil Treatment||Fossil Fuel|
Further develop Hot Head's Sizzle Showering Skills.
|Fire Storm||Oil And Fire||Hot With A Chance of Meteors|
|Mad Energy||Mood Ring - Gear||Melt Down|
|Temperature Tantrum||Feel My Pain||Boiling Over - Special Ability|
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- Oil Blob / Flame Torch (Primary Attack): Tap (Y) to fire an Oil Blob. Hold (Y) to fire flame torch.
- Fire Rain (Secondary Attack): Hold (X) to activate Fire Rain.
- Oil Explode (requires level: 3): Oil Blobs will explode if they are on fire when they expire.
- Fire Rain Upgrade (requires level: 6): Size and damage amount of Fire Rain is increased.
- Infinite Flame Torch (requires level: 9): No limit on the use of the Flame Torch.
- "Hey! I'm On Fire!
- "I'm just getting warmed up!"
- "You got burned!"
- "You just got flame broiled!"
- "I like the bad guys well done!"
- "Oho, burn!"
- "Do something hot!"
- "Fuel the fire!"
- "It's grillin' time!"
- "Maximum firepower!"
- "Hail to the chef!"
- "Oh! Feel the burn!"
- "Molten mania!"
- "You just got flame boiled!"
- "Fire in the hole!"
- "Can't be contained!"
- "That's some firepower!"
- "My fire never expires!"
- "Heat blast!"
- "Comet crush!"
- "Heatin' up!"
- "Heat rises!"
- "High heat!"
- "Oh yeah!"
- "I'm on a hot streak!" - when checking stats
- "Hot as ever." - when checking stats
- "My head just got hotter!"- when given on a hat
- "All right, I'm stoked!" - when given a hat
- "I'm stoked!" - when given a nickname
- "I'm kinda lukewarm on that but...okay." - when given a nickname
- "Here comes the heat!" - Battle Introduction
- "Turn up the heat!" - swapping in
- "Ready to fight!"
- "Need to cool off!" - swapping out
- "Time to chill!"
- "Burning bright!" - rank up
- "I'm on a hot streak!"
- "Friendly fire!" - summoning a Gear/Relic
- "Fire in the hole!" - randomly when playing spells
- "So that's what hot is...!" - when defeated
- "Don't. Play with fire." - when idling/poked
- He is currently the only playable golem who is not of the Earth element.
- One of his upgrades, "Hot with a Chance of Meteors", is a joke on "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs".
- Hot Head has the Fire Symbol on his back.
- He and Hot Dog are the only Fire Skylanders (at the same time) with the word Hot in their names.
- It is rumored that his original catchphrase was, "Aaaargh, help! Someone find a hose, quick!"
- He slightly resembles Fire Man from the Mega Man series of video games in the way that he has flames coming from his hands and his head. He also is like Oil Man from the PSP game Mega Man Powered Up in the way that he is able to use oil as a weapon.
- There is a glitch where when in hot rod form, when attacked, Hot Head will revert to his natural state whilst still acting as if in hot rod form by still having a wheel above and below him and moving around at a greater speed.
- Hot Head is often mentioned as a cook.
- Hot Head is the only Skylander who has a varied intro. He says his catchphrase in different pitches. No other Skylander does this, though some returning SuperChargers Skylanders have different a pitch in that specific form.
- In the game, Hot Head is voiced by Patrick Seitz who voices Rip Tide and Chomp Chest, as well as Scorpion in the 2011 Mortal Kombat, Zomom in Sonic Lost World and Ragna the Bloodedge in the BlazBlue series.
- His Sizzle Shower may be based on Adele's 'Set Fire to the Rain'.
- One of Hot Head's upgrades is called "The Burninator", referencing the fictional dragon Trogdor from the Homestar Runner webseries.
- As seen in the Face Your Fears card in Battlecast, Hot Head is afraid of freezing over.