Imaginators are Skylander creations customized by Portal Masters in Skylanders: Imaginators. In the game, players can create and edit their own Imaginator at any time and add their own features using elemental Creation Crystals and the Imaginite parts that are found throughout the game. These customization options range from aesthetic changes like appearance, colors and size; effects like aura, music, sounds and voice; and their combat abilities, from stat-changing gear to powers depending on their element and battle class. Each Imaginator has a weapon power, an elemental power, a secret technique, and a Soul Gem ability.
Imaginators can also be generated in the Skylanders Creator, which allows the player to order physical items based on them. With the exception of T-Shirts, the items are explained as the Imaginator being enrolled in Skylanders Academy for further training and drawn in The Book of Skylanders.
List of official Imaginators
Meet the Imaginators characters
- Steak Head
- Franky BananaButt
- Techno Squid
- Ninja Lander
- Shifter Girl
- Fire Wolf
- The default color schemes for every Imaginator(not counting elemental and single color palettes) are named after the levels in Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure and several popular Skylanders.
- Several voice options have voice actors with notable roles:
- The Heroine voice option is Laura Bailey who voiced Persephone and Ninjini.
- The Hero voice option is voiced by Yuri Lowenthal, known for voicing many protagonists and sidekicks in anime and video games, as well as Fright Rider, Softpaw, and Trail Blazer.
- The Ghoul voice option is John Kassir, known for his many roles voicing ominous characters, such as the Cryptkeeper from Tales of the Crypt and Monsoon from Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. He has also voiced characters from Skylanders, such as Ghost Roaster and Spellslamzer.
- The Pirate and Troll voice options are provided by Dave B. Mitchell who voices Chopper.
- The Wacky voice option is Xander Mobus, known for his over-the-top announcer voice in Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo 3DS/Wii U, the Protagonist in Persona 5, and the Merchant from Dust: An Elysian Tail.
- The Drill Sergeant and Giant voice options are provided by Jamieson Price who voices The Gulper and Tri-Tip.
- The Scientist voice option is Greg Proops who voices Brain.
- The Cowgirl and Vampiress voice options are provided by Eliza Schneider who voices Mags and Bat Spin.
- The Islander voice option is Fred Tatasciore who voices Slam Bam, Snap Shot, Warnado, and Zook.
- The Fairy voice option is Brittany Uomoleale.
- The theme that plays for Swashbuckler Imaginators is the theme for the Chompy Worm battles, Desert Chase, from the APM Music album THE PROMO PACK 4 - MOVIES.
- The default Imaginator used in most of the promotional material is a Fire Knight called Sir Hoodington, as seen in the Skylanders Creator official page.
- There are many other official Imaginators shown in some trailers of the game, such as Dinobird, Franky Bananabutt and Steak Head.
- Some Imaginator parts (mainly heads) are based on body parts of previous Skylanders or another characters. For example:
- The Hooded Mystery head bears a slight resemblance to Spellslamzer's head.
- The Spyro Horns, Familar Head, and Familar Tail are based on Spyro's horns, head, and tail.
- The Mr. Skull Head strongly resembles Count Moneybone's head
- The No Sight No Trouble head is an obvious reference to Flameslinger's.
- The Flame-ulous head strongly resembles Torch's.
- The Tiki-Time head is an obvious reference to Double Trouble's.
- The Super Mask head strongly resembles Nightshade's.
- The Doe Deer head strongly resembles Splat's.
- The Rock Helmet head slighty resembles Doom Stone's.
- The Underbite head resembles the head of many Cyclopses, such as Cyclops Mammoths.
- The Squidbeard head is an obvious reference to Wash Buckler's.
- Also, it shares name with a 3DS version villain.
- The Explorer Head slightly resembles Boom Jet's.
- The Squid Boy head is used by Pirate Henchmen, and by Bucktooth the Tiny.
- The Painted Skull head slightly resembles Ghost Roaster's.
- Hence the name, the Troll Head slightly resembles the head of many trolls, such as Boomer.
- The Bird Brain head strongly resembles Stormblade's.
- The Flynnteresting head and Pilot Chest are obvious references to Flynn.
- The Magnet Ears are an obvious reference to Magna Charge.
- The Top Crop Chest and the Crop Top Chest are slightly similar to Stealth Elf and Boom Bloom's chests.
- The Ninjini chest is an obvious reference to Ninjini.
- The Armssss strongly resemble Rattle Shake's gun.
- The Fish Fatale head slighty resembles Punk Shock's head.
- The Demon head resembles Thunder Tow's.
- The Robolander head slightly resembles Chop Chop's head.
- The Shield Maiden set strongly resembles Astrid from How to Train Your Dragon.
- Unlike Skylanders of other types, the Imaginators are capable of reaching up to level higher than 20 based on the amount of Senseis one has in their collection.
- If one were to collect all 31 Senseis, 14 Alt Deco Senseis, and the 5 known Sensei Chase Variants, the Imaginator level cap would be 65.
- The Imaginators are the only type of Skylander who can change hats in the Imaginators game. The Senseis cannot wear any hat and the previous Skylanders can only wear the hat in Imaginators after wearing it from a previous game.