|This article is about the character from the games. You may be looking for the character from the spin-off TV series.|
- “Stay Frosty!”
- —King Pen's official catchphrase
King Pen, being the leader of the Senseis and a Starter Pack character, was the most difficult to design. The first concepts for King Pen, with the idea of a penguin warrior, didn't seem to be fighting-capable. So I-Wei Huang experimented with the idea of more focus on the character's upper body muscles. Weapons were also experimented along with wing blade armor, however, as they disrupted his shape, they made the blades his main weapons instead.
While penguins in reality have short legs, the same does not seem to apply to King Pen, whose legs are less stubby and have toes instead of webbed feet. King Pen has a large white-bellied torso that is covered with black and gold armor that reaches behind his head, with two black straps from front to back and a gold colored belt around his waist. He also dons large metal "Flipper Blades" in order to combat enemies and golden shoulder plating. He has a yellow beak, yellow eyes with black pupils, and wears a black helmet with a blue ponytail on the top.
King Pen hails from a militaristic unit of penguins who protect the Cloudmelt Glaciers. During an epic battle, King Pen was trapped in an avalanche and had to take refuge in a nearby cave for the remainder of the winter season. During his solitude, he was visited by a mysterious Yeti Master, named Snow Wah, who began teaching him an ancient combat style known as “Flipper-Fu”. King Pen was already a skilled fighter, but the wise teacher helped him to understand the spiritual and philosophical nature of warfare, turning the penguin into an unstoppable force. When he finally emerged from the cave, tales of his newfound abilities spread far and wide. When Master Eon caught wind, he recruited King Pen into his top secret training program, where he quickly rose up the ranks to become the leader of the Skylander Sensei. Years later, King Pen returned to the site of the avalanche to thank his teacher, but no evidence of Snow Wah or the cave was ever found – leaving many to wonder if the Yeti had ever existed at all.
King Pen can slash his enemies with his bladed wings, and even infuse ice into his attacks. King Pen can use his frost breath to leave a path of ice, and freeze his foes. King Pen can also perfrom a corkscrew dash which knocks enemies out of the way, and even create a huge snowball to launch at his enemies after the attack. King Pen is capable of creating a arena of ice to protect himself from attackers.
- Health: ??? (max. 0)
- Speed: ?? (max. 48)
- Armor: ?? (max. 30)
- Critical Hit: ?? (max. 50)
- Elemental Power: ?? (max. 50)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 290
- Defense: 210
- Agility: 150
- Luck: 100
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
Requires unlocking from the
Brawler Sensei Shrine
|Penguin Combo||Frost Breath||
Ice to Meet You
Hold Attack 3 to spawn a Snowball.
|Penguin Drill||Giga Drill||Ice Charge Lvl 1:|
Press Attack 3 to dash towards enemies.
Increases the damage of Penguin Drill.
Hold Attack 2 to expend an Ice Charge and summon a ring of ice. King Pen has increased armor and damage while inside the Ice Arena. Ice Charges are gained by destroying Ice Paths.
Frost Breath range increased.
|Penguin Combos||Ice Blade||Emperor Penguin|
Press Attack 1 twice and Attack 2 for a Frozen combo or press Attack 1 twice and Attack 3 for a Spin combo.
Equip Ice Blades and increase King Pen's damage.
Hold Attack 1 to enter Emperor Penguin mode to gain a damage bonus.
|Ice Trail||Ice Charge Lvl 2:|
|Ice Charge Lvl 3:|
Penguin Drill creates an Ice Path
Hold Attack 3 to consume 3 Ice Charges to create a Blizzard that slows and damages nearby enemies.
Hold Attack 3 to consume 3 Ice Charges to spawn an Iceberg that deals heavy burst damage.
- "Stay frosty!"
- "As you know, I'm a Sensei, which is A; awesome, and B; means I can train your Imaginators." - Sensei Training Bonus
- "And as for Brawlers like me, I'll teach them my secret technique." - Secret Technique Bonus
- "Cold cut!"
- "It is better to give than receive, especially pain."
- "I've won this battle before it even starts!"
- "Perseverance is the key to any door! Except for those weird lock puzzle ones."
- "Keep your friends close, and your enemies sliced up!"
- "If at first you do succeed, brag about it afterwards."
- "Enter the penguin!"
- "I'm King Pen of the world!"
- "The dream of flightless birds!"
- "I accept this leveling up, from whoever just sent that." - leveling up
- "It's like I've grown! Both metaphorically and physically for a second there..."
- "A chain is only as strong as its weakest stat point!" - checking stats
- "What this doesn't measure is the size of my heart; I'm pretty sure it's large, though."
- "Sensei power!" - Sky-Chi - (Ice to Meet You and You)
- "Fortune favors the cold!" - End of Sky Chi
- His name is a pun on the words "Penguin" and "Kingpin".
- Despite being shown to have the means to walk during his Sky-Chi, King Pen awkwardly waddles during his running animation.
- King Pen grants to Imaginators his Ponytail Headpiece when first placed on the portal, and Flipper Blade Knuckles fashioned after his own weapons when his Shrine is opened.
- He is the fourth Water Skylander with ice related abilities (Behind Slam Bam, Chill and Freeze Blade).
- He is the second Skylander to be voiced by Rino Romano, the other being Scorp.
- King Pen and Grave Clobber are both Brawlers of the Water Element.
- His catchphrase used to be "Cold Cuts".
- His new catchphrase, "Stay Frosty" may be a reference to Minecraft Youtuber Jackfrostminer's motto of the same name.