- “See the Light!”
- —Knight Light's official catchphrase
Knight Light is described as pure, gallant, righteous and illuminating.
Before the destruction of the Core of Light left him stranded in the Light Realm, Knight Light was the protector of the Starlight – the source of light, wisdom and vast energy in Radiant City. But an evil villain known as Luminous wanted the Starlight for himself. Without warning, Luminous attacked, and the two took to the skies in an epic battle which lasted several days. In the end, Knight Light stood victorious and Luminous was imprisoned within Sunscraper Spire so that he could no longer pose a threat to Skylands. Now with his Traptanium blade, Knight Light fights alongside the Trap Team to keep evil at bay!
Light in the DarkKnight Light battled against Chef Pepper Jack and his group of Plant Warriors to protect a village of Mabu. Announcing his return to the realm of Skylands, the Light Trap Master defeated the Fire Doom Raider and his minions.
When Spotlight and Blackout were ambushed by Pain-Yatta's candy soldiers, Knight Light and Knight Mare came to aid their fellow allies after they contacted the two Trap Masters prior to coming to the Arkeyan ruins. During the heat of the battle, Knight Light openly blamed Knight Mare for both of them being late, and in response, Knight Mare claimed that Knight Light was the one responsible. Eventually the Light and Dark Skylanders defeated the horde of candy warriors, but were soon confronted by Pain-Yatta and became overwhelmed by his wave of candy.
Knight Light, Blackout, Spotlight, and Knight Mare became imprisoned inside Pain-Yatta's giant pinata to power him and his army of candy warriors during their impending conquest over Skylands. Should they use their powers of Light and Dark to try and escape their prison, they would only make Pain-Yatta and his army stronger. Eventually the Skylanders concocted a plan to overload the pinata with their powers, causing it to explode and allowing the Skylanders to escape. Despite absorbing the Light and Dark energies to empower himself, Pain-Yatta suddenly became sick from taking in too much power and his candy warriors around Skylands dropped to pieces, resulting in Pain-Yatta's defeat. At the Skylanders Academy, Master Eon congratulated the Light and Dark Skylanders for their efforts in saving Skylands once again with their Light and Dark abilities.
Rift into Overdrive
As Kaos' fleet of airships breached the perimeter around the Skylanders Academy, Knight Light, Bat Spin, Scratch, Boom Jet and Sunburn aided Wash Buckler's group in fending them off. However they were shocked to see more of Kaos' army in the form of a huge fleet of ships approaching them.
In Light in the Dark, Knight Light and Knight Mare displayed a sort of rivalry towards one another, quarreling in the mist of combat. Knight Light was quick to blame Knight Mare for causing both of them to be late in assisting Spotlight and Blackout.
- Health: 430 (max. 860)
- Speed: 70 (max. 118)
- Armor: 12 (max. 42)
- Critical Hit: 70 (max. 120)
- Elemental Power: 35 (max. 85)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 250
- Defense: 100
- Agility: 100
- Luck: 100
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
|Traptanium Scimitar||Prismatic Pounce||
|Hallowed Ground||Light Up||Lasting Light||Scharper Scimitar|
Enemies in Light Auras move slower and do reduced damage.
Hold Attack 3 to create a circle of light, release to levitate and damage anything near the circle.
Light Auras last longer.
Traptanium Scimitar does more damage.
|Ascending Strike||Speed of Light||Spinning Slash|
Traptanium Scimitar knocks enemies into the air.
While holding Attack 3, press Attack 2 to teleport the Light Up target and perform an upward strike.
Hold Attack 2 to charge up the Traptanium Scimitar and release a 360-degree attack.
|Luminary of Light|
|Radiant Radius||Illumination Detonation||Flash Dash|
Prismatic Pounce hits a larger area and Light Auras are larger as well.
Light Auras explode before disappearing, damaging anything nearby.
Press Attack 2, Attack 2 for a powerful Prismatic Pounce attack and be invulernable while flickering.
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- Bringer of Light (Primary Attack): Press (Y) to strike with your mighty sword of light.
- Pacification (Secondary Attack): Press (X) to unleash a devastating leaping blow onto your enemies.
- Righteous Blade (requires level: 6): Use your power of your new sword! After a minimum of two strikes of the Bringer of Light combo, press (X) to execute a smiting blow.
- Light Traveller (requires level: ??): Hold (X) to summon a trail of holy light which damages your opponent. Hold it long enough to teleport and punish them more. If (X) is released, Knight Light will leap onto them just like he does with Pacification.
- Aura of Serenity (requires level: ??): At the end of Pacification, Knight Life creates a magic circle of serenity that slows enemies. Press (X) to use Pacification.
Trap Attack Preview
- "See the light!"
- "Rise and shine!"
- "Time to shine!"
- "Outshining the rest!"
- "The light in the night!"
- "Spreading my wings!" - opening a gate
- "Feeling stronger!" - when Traptanium Scimitar glows
- "Ready for battle!"
- "Unstoppable!" - when he destroys a traptanium cluster
- "Of gold and glory!" - when opening a treasure chest
- "Fortune favors the brave!"
- "Power burst!" - when leveling up
- "More power!"
- "My future is looking bright!" - when checking stats
- "A cut above all others!"
- "I look rather distinguished!" - when wearing a hat
- "A choice beyond reason!"
- "Hm, a name for the ages! - when given a nickname
- "Let my new name be known!"
- Both he and Knight Mare both have the word 'knight' in their names.
- Knight Light and Knight Mare both have names that play on terms that involve sleep.
- His name is a play on nightlight, a small lamp that provides light in dark areas during the night.
- He loosely resembles an angel or seraph.
- He also slightly resembles a harpy.
- He has the highest health out of all the Trap Masters.
- Despite not having a flight upgrade, Knight Light can fly by double tapping the jump button.
- Knight Light is the first Skylander to have a Doom Raider mentioned in their backstory.
- ↑ Skylanders Trap Team: Master Eon's Official Guide, page 68