- “Nowhere to Hide!”
- —Knight Mare's official catchphrase
Knight Mare is described as a solitary, stubborn, shadowy and skilled huntress.
Before the destruction of the Core of Light left her stranded in the Dark Realm, Knight Mare was one of the Dark Centaurs who guarded The Oracle of Stones – an enchanted game of Dark Skystones that could predict the future. When it was stolen by an unknown force, Knight Mare was called upon to retrieve it. She knew it would be dangerous because if the Oracle was asked the wrong questions seven times, it would unleash a terrible curse upon all of Skylands. Fortunately, she found it in a cave – with a gang of Bicyclopes about to ask their seventh wrong question. With no time to lose, she charged forward, beating the fierce Bicyclopes and saving Skylands from the terrible curse. Now having joined the Trap Team, Knight Mare uses her hunting skills and Traptanium Lance to bring down evil everywhere!
Light in the Dark
During the Annual Mabu Meander, Dr. Krankcase attempted to enter the race and win despite being in a clear advantage over the Mabu children. Knight Mare quickly entered the race as well and chased after the villain, and despite his efforts to slow her down, the Dark Trap Master knocked Dr. Krankcase into a tree using her Traptanium Flamberge. Satisfied, she stayed behind with Krankcase to allow the Mabu to race fairly.When Spotlight and Blackout were ambushed by Pain-Yatta's candy soldiers, both Knight Light and Knight Mare came to aid their fellow allies after they contacted the two Trap Masters prior to coming to the Arkeyan ruins. During the heat of the battle, Knight Light openly blamed Knight Mare for both of them being late, and in response, Knight Mare claimed that Knight Light was the one responsible. Eventually the Light and Dark Skylanders defeated the horde of candy warriors, but were soon confronted by Pain-Yatta and became overwhelmed by his candy assault.
Knight Mare, Knight Light, Blackout, and Spotlight became imprisoned inside Pain-Yatta's giant pinata to power him and his army of candy warriors during their impending conquest over Skylands. Should they use their powers of Light and Dark to try and escape their prison, they would only make Pain-Yatta and his army stronger. In order to escape, it was Knight Mare who helped create a plan to overload the pinata with their powers, causing it to explode and releasing the Skylanders from their prison. Despite absorbing the Light and Dark energies to empower himself, Pain-Yatta suddenly became sick from taking in too much power and his candy warriors around Skylands dropped to pieces, resulting in Pain-Yatta's defeat. At the Skylanders Academy, Master Eon congratulated the Light and Dark Skylanders for their efforts in saving Skylands once again with their Light and Dark abilities.
In Light in the Dark, Knight Mare and Knight Light displayed a sort of rivalry towards one another, quarreling in the mist of combat. When Knight Light blamed Knight Mare for causing both of them to be late in helping Spotlight and Blackout, Knight Mare claimed that it was entirely Knight Light's fault.
- Health: 350 (max. 700)
- Speed: 85 (max. 133)
- Armor: 36 (max. 66)
- Critical Hit: 40 (max. 90)
- Elemental Power: 35 (max. 85)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 150
- Defense: 110
- Agility: 250
- Luck: 40
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
|Traptanium Flamberge||Shadow Joust||
The Shadow Realm
|Gifts Keeps On Giving||Charged Up Charge||Battle Horn||Shadowy Clones|
Traptanium Flamberge attacks continue to damage enemies even after they've been hit.
Hold Attack 2 to charge up the Shadow Joust attack for more damage.
Hold Attack 3 to play a Battle Horn that stuns nearby enemies.
Hit enemies with the Battle Horn attack to make a shadowy clone who fights for you.
|More Clones||It's Win-Win||Shadowy Sacrifice|
Increase the amount of Shadowy Clones you can have at once
Shadowy Clones now explode, hurting enemies and healing you.
Battle Horn destroys existing Shadowy Clones to power up other attacks.
|Shadow Stab||Flamberge Fragment||Sword of Darkness|
Press Attack 1, Attack 1 Hold Attack 2 for a Shadow Stab combo.
Press Attack 1, Attack 1, Hold Attack 3 for a Flamberge Fragment combo.
Traptanium Flamberge attacks do more damage.
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- Dual Slash (Primary Attack): Press Y to swing her sword. After 2 swings, press X to perform a finisher. Defeating an enemy can spawn up to 2 shadows. Jump and press Y to thrust her sword at the ground and pull it out quickly to slash upward.
- Horn of Shadows (Secondary Attack): Press X to blow her horn and deal damage in front of her. While blowing her horn, any active shadow will enter "Beserk Mode" and have their speed and damage increased.
- Sword Boost (requires level: 3): Hold X to absorb all shadows into her sword. The more shadow absorbed, the more damage her sword attacks will do, but the dual slash no longer spawns shadows. Performing the dual slash finisher will end the sword boost.
- Sword Charge (requires level: 6): Hold A to dash forward, pointing her sword ahead and knocking enemies out of her path. Hitting enemies near the end of the dash will deal increased damage. Sword charge damage is increased by the sword boost.
- Shadow Explosion (requires level: 9): Hold Y to raise her sword to the sky and dark energy explodes around her. All active shadows will explode, dealing damage around them. Shadow explosion damage is increased by the sword boost.
Trap Attack Preview
- "Nowhere to Hide!"
- "The night awakens!"
- "Fear my shadow!"
- "My shadow grows!"
- "The night shall prevail!"
- "A call to arms!"
- "Let's ride!"
- "My blade knows no equal!"
- "Feel the darkness!"
- "Another triumph!"
- "Blade in the shade!"
- "Follow my lead!"
- "Iron will!"
- "Boundless!" - when jumping up
- "Don't mind if I do!" - when opening a treasure chest
- "Fortune favours the brave!"
- "My power knows no equal!" - when viewing stats
- "My record speaks for itself!"
- "Hm, extra shade? I like it." - when wearing a hat
- "Ahahaha! An excellent look for me."
- "Hm... This name is a bit of a leap." - when given a nickname
- "Sounds dark and mysterious!"
- Her name is a play on the word "nightmare", a bad dream, and her knight-like armor and sword.
- Her name may also be a reference to her horse qualities.
- Both Knight Mare and Knight Light have the word 'knight' in their names.
- They are also the only Trap Masters to be included in Expansion Packs.
- They are also the only Trap Masters of their respective elements.
- They are also the only Trap Masters to be included in Expansion Packs.
- She is the only quadrupedal Trap Master, unless you count Wildfire while using his Soul Gem ability.
- However, she fights like a bipedal Skylander since she has arms while having four legs.
- She and Trail Blazer are the only Skylanders with horse-related features.
- For unknown reasons, Knight Mare has two lines exactly the same as Hex's ("Fear the darkness!" and "My power knows no equal!"), with whom she shares the voice actress. However, they're pronounced slightly differently.
- Despite having protected the Oracle of Stones for years, Knight Mare had yet to play Skystones herself until she decided to try it out in Lost Islands .
- In at least the Wii version of Trap Team, Knight Mare can perform the Light and Dark Gate Glitch using her secondary attack on a few of the glitched gates.
- In the 3DS version of Trap Team, Knight Mare summoned small Shadow clones of herself instead of the enemies. In Skylanders: SuperChargers, both are replaced with shadow clones of Greebles no matter the enemy.
- Her Traptanium Flamberge makes a cameo appearance in the Skylanders: Battlecast card Tree Wrecked, being shattered by vines summoned by Tree Rex for reasons unknown.
- She and Mysticat both have centaur-like structures.
- ↑ Skylanders Trap Team: Master Eon's Official Guide page 64