- “I've Got the Edge!”
- —Krypt King's official catchphrase
Krypt King started out as the very first Giant. While in the process of thinking of what it means to be a Giant in Skylands, and what a Giant should feel like, I-Wei Huang took Chop Chop and made a ultra version of him called "Chop Chop Daddy". In the end, the team didn't use Krypt King as the Undead Giant, and instead Eye-Brawl took over that role. However I-Wei wanted to bring Krypt King back in Trap Team in some way. He went through some changes in color and proportions, but largely kept Krypt King's design and feel. Eventually, he became a Trap Master Skylander, something I-Wei was very happy with.
Krypt King may look imposing, but he's really just a curious spirit who's looking to settle down with the right suit of armor.
The perfect blend of sword and sorcery, Krypt King wandered Skylands for years as the disembodied spirit of a knight – until he found his way into the depths of an ancient Arkeyan weapon vault. Upon finding an enormously powerful suit of armor, the spirit decided to make it his own. Unfortunately, this triggered a long dormant auto defense system. With alarms blaring, a massive sealed chamber was opened, revealing a huge army of war machines. Krypt King launched himself towards the attack force, swinging his newly found giant sword until every machine was utterly destroyed. Realizing the power he wielded could serve a broader purpose, Krypt King sought out the Skylanders and was made a member of the Trap Team, where he now uses his massive Traptanium blade to cut down evil!
Krypt King has great skill over his swordfighting, which can be enhanced by releasing his sword to attack from afar; he can also summon a swarm of undead insects from inside the armor. In Skylanders: Battlecast, he also has the ability to summon mummies from the ground with varying effects, also being able to temporarily haunt one, and summon a powerful Pharaoh's Plague, a scrapped card that randomly distributes its negative effects. His Special Ability is Grave Resolve, using sheer will to stay and fight to recover his health, and his signature Gear is the Titan's Hilt, a gigantic version of his sword. Like the other Trap Masters in the card game, he also has the ability to summon a Trap Relic, containing Masker Mind, who has the ability to lure enemies into being attacked.
- Health: ??? (max. 0)
- Speed: ?? (max. 48)
- Armor: ?? (max. 30)
- Critical Hit: ?? (max. 50)
- Elemental Power: ?? (max. 50)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 180
- Defense: 180
- Agility: 100
- Luck: 50
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
|Traptanium Broadsword||The Swarm||
|Haunted Sword||Spectral Slowdown||The Broader the Broadsword||Super Swarm|
Press Attack 3 to release the Traptanium Broadsword and steer it towards enemies
Haunted Sword slows down all enemies it touches
Traptanium Broadsword does extra damage with greater range
Hold Attack 2 to charge up the swarm attack to unleash a larger swarm
|Lord of the Sword|
|Enchanted Armor||The Rich Get Richer||Combo Attacks|
Armor is increased upon defeating an enemy
Attacks do increased damage after defeating an enemy
Press Attack 1, 1, and hold Attack 2 for a Sabre Spin combo. Press Attack 1, 1, hold Attack 3 for a Nether Blast combo.
|Raise Your Hands||Masker Mind's Prison - Relic||Swarm Welcome|
|Titan's Hilt - Gear||Show Me The Mummy||Special Ability - Grave Resolve|
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- TBA (Primary Attack): TBA
- TBA (Secondary Attack): TBA
- TBA (requires level: TBA): TBA
- TBA (requires level: TBA): TBA
- TBA (requires level: TBA): TBA
Trap Attack Preview
- "I've Got the Edge!"
- "Pyramid power!"
- "Blade at the ready!" - when switched in
- "My blade eternal!"
- "Go, my minions!" - when using The Swarm ability
- "For all of Skylands!"
- "My blade knows no equal!"
- "King of the cut!"
- "It pays to cut and run!"
- "I rule!"
- "As it was foretold!"
- "My blade supreme!"
- "Make way!" - when entering a gate
- "The spirit awakens!" - when Traptanium Broadsword glows
- "My power grows!"
- "Glory me!" - when leveling up
- "Eternal power!"
- "I am destined for greatness." - when checking stats
- "The hieroglyphs reveal true power!"
- "This headwear is sure to strike fear!" - when wearing a hat
- "Fit for a king!"
- "So let it be written!" - when given a nickname
- "A worthy name, no bones about it!"
- "Victory will be mine!" - scanned in
- "Beware the king!"
- "Strength and honor!" - when selected
- "Krypt King will conquer!"
- "I've got the edge!" - Battle Introduction
- "My blade is eternal!"
- "Follow my lead!" - swapping in
- "My blade is ready!"
- "I will rest now." - swapping out
- "Cutting out."
- "Following my destiny!" - rank up
- "My power grows."
- "A worthy item." - Summoning a Gear
- "A sacred artifact."
- "Kingly!" - Summoning a Relic
- "For Skylands!"
- "Magnificent!" - randomly when playing spells
- "Obey my power!" - Masker Mind's Prison
- "Fulfill your oath!"
- "Your fate comes forth!" - Show Me the Mummy
- "Fear your doom!"
- "Mummies, awaken!" - Raise Your Hands
- "Rise, my minions!"
- "My blade eternal!" - Titan's Hilt
- "My blade reigns supreme!"
- "The swarm comes forth!" - Swarm Welcome
- "Your end is near!"
- "I rule!" - KOed an enemy
- "I regin supreme."
- "Defeated..." - when defeated
- "I have failed."
- "I shall rise again!" - defeat at the end of battle
- "Failure is not my destiny."
- "A kingly outcome." - Victory
- "As it was foretold."
- "You have my attention." - when poked
- "You are persistent, aren't you?"
- "Blade at the ready."
- "Why must you disturb me?"
- "My patience wears thin."
- "I am here."
- "Evergrowing strength!" - Card Level Up
- "A fine achievement!"
- Before Krypt King appeared in Trap Team, he was originally planned as the Undead Giant for Skylanders: Giants. He also had an open ribcage rather than closed.
- According to a typo from a promotional poster handed out at San Diego Comic Con 2014, his name was originally "King Kut".
- The name was most likely changed due to the fact that "kut" translates to "cunt" in Dutch.
- Krypt King, Thunderbolt, Knight Mare, and Knight Light are the only Trap Masters who have Traptanium swords.
- He and Head Rush are the only Trap Masters to have Nitro counterparts.
- He is the only Nitro Skylander who doesn't have any moves relating to speed.
- He, and Chopper were both planned to be in Giants, but were scrapped prior to being revealed in Trap Team. Unlike other characters such as Golden Queen, they underwent few changes to their mechanics and design.
- If an enemy is defeated by the second or third slash in his combo, they will have a unique defeat animation.
- The Face Your Fears card in Battlecast shows his greatest fear is having his sword destroyed.