|This article is also viewed at the Spyro Wiki.|
The Leviathan is a large monstrous fish in Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure that resides in his namesake home, Leviathan Lagoon. He is known by the locals for his fearsome reputation of devouring entire villages.
In his first appearance, the Leviathan is seen leaping out of the waters near the island where the Skylander and Gurglefin were standing on, destroying a Pirate vessel before splashing back into the lagoon.
The Leviathan will swallow the playable Water Skylander whole if he catches them swimming in the waters of the lagoon he lurks in. Upon getting swallowed, the Skylander finds themselves in the Leviathan's mouth, along with little money. To get out of the Leviathan, the Skylander must strike his palantine uvula until the fish spits them out back onto dry land.
When the Skylander goes to retrieve the Water Source at the end of the pier, they will be swallowed by the Leviathan and encounter Kaos within the belly of the beast where the first boss battle will take place.
In the 3DS version of Spyro's Adventure, the Leviathan is seen flying through the skies of Dreamgardens. He later reappeared in Skylanders: Giants held up within the Pirate Fortress.
- After you stop the pirate ship from leaving with the statue they hold, have your Skylander get swallowed by the Leviathan again and you will find Leviathan Lagoon's Legendary Treasure in his mouth.
- Leviathan Dentist: Get swallowed by the Leviathan 5 times in the Leviathan Lagoon level. (primary profile)
- According to Master Eon, the Twin Water Spouts of Ocean Major-Minor (a component of the Core of Light) were forged from the scales of the Leviathan.
- There is a glitch when you are standing next to the water and the Leviathan will still eat you.
- A similar-looking creature known as the Rain Fish appears in Skylanders: Trap Team.
- Leviathans appeared in the backstories of the Skylanders Nightfall and Lob-Star.