There is no avoiding the Life Element. It is the Element that ensures Skylands maintans its natural balance. From the tiniest seed to the tallest tree, from the smallest grub to the largest land whale, Skylands teems with Life. The Skylanders who harness the Life element are at one with the plants, the trees and the very soil itself. This grants them incredible abilities to use in the fight against Kaos and his minions. It also means that some of them are jolly good at gardening.
Life is there in the deepest depths of the ocean. It survives in the fiery hearts of volcanoes. Even in the most unhospitable of conditions. Life clings on, and this makes it a very powerful Element. The Elements that make up the Core of Light interact with one another in some remarkable ways, and Life is no exception. Without Life, where would we be?
Skylanders who are associated with the element of Life use abilities that create other living things of their own, from plants to vines to animated dummies. And they like the color green. A lot. They are powerful against the Water Element, but less capable against the Undead Element.
When opening a Life Gate, the Life Skylanders makes a giant vine grow to form a bridge. When in toy form, Life-based Skylanders stand on a pedestal that resembles a pile of leaves.
In Skylanders: Trap Team 's turret challenges, Life Skylanders have the ability Fly Trap, which sucks in enemies to greatly damage them. In Kaos Doom Challenge, they can summon a wood fruit gun, which can be upgraded to have Venus flytraps and poisonous fruit.
In Skylanders: SuperChargers, Life-aligned Portal Master Powers include a trail of paralyzing vines, the ability to drain health from enemies, and the ability to boost the Elemental Power stat. Those are distributed in several conditions, and the names are as follows:
- Path of Vines
- Renewing Entrance
- Invigorating Strike
- Vigorous Desperation
Life Imaginators can choose from four abilities as their secondary attack:
|Life Elemental Imaginator Powers|
The first two of these powers are unlocked at the start of the game, the other two are unlocked by leveling up your Imaginator.
Mastered Vine Bloom
Wool Over Your Eyes
Mastered Wool Over Your Eyes
Mastered Poisonous Pestilence
Mastered Flower Power
Press Attack 2 to grow exploding vines around you.
Press Attack 2 to grow explosive vines, and temporarily increase your speed.
Press Attack 2 to turn into a sheep so enemies will not notice you.
Press Attack 2 to turn into a stealthy sheep that drops a Trojan sheep explosive upon exit.
Press Attack 2 to create clouds of poisonous gas.
Press Attack 2 to create clouds of poisonous gas. Press Attack 2, Attack 2, Attack 2, to cause the cloud to explode.
Press Attack 2 to grow plants that damage your enemies.
Press Attack 2 to grow up to three plants that damage your enemies, and do area damage when expiring.
The default color schemes for Life Imaginators include Sunny Meadows, Emerald Grove, Pine Forest, Poison Ivy, Golden Tea, Verdant Brusk and Spring Salmon. Life Creation Crystals unlock the Tree Set of Imaginator parts, featuring the Sylvan head, Vine Arms, Merry Mischief Chest, Viney Legs and the Moose Antlers ears.
Life Elemental Characters
| Bumble Blast |
| Food Fight |
| Stealth Elf |
| Stump Smash |
| Zoo Lou |
| Zook |
| Tree Rex |
|SWAP Force||Movement Type|
| Grilla Drilla |
| Stink Bomb |
| Bushwhack |
| Barkley |
| Super Shot Stealth Elf |
| Thrillipede |
| Turbo Charge Donkey Kong |
Note: Nintendo Systems Only
| Ambush |
| Boom Bloom |
| Chompy Mage |
| Crash Bandicoot |
| Broccoli Guy |
| Shield Shredder |
Life Elemental Items
| Life Traps |
| Buzz Wing |
| Chompy Mage's Chompy Buster |
| Stealth Stinger |
Battlecast Spell Cards
This element's spells greatly vary in effect, but are almost entirely support spells. They heal, power up characters, or grant them spells and XP, and never attack directly. Enemies should be wary of Sap of the Ancients, whose luck factor could be a harmless waste of energy, or turn the tide with a powerful Character Spell all in one turn.
The Life team spell is summoning the Vigor of Life, which increases the attack power of the lead character for as many Life characters the team has.
|Juice Box||Muscle Sprouts||Root|
|Heart of the Forest - Relic||Resurrection Ring - Gear||Ageless Bonsai - Relic|
|Collective Strength||Pump It Up||Tribal Lore|
|Growth Spurt||Nature's Fury||Bloom|
|Sap of the Ancients||Vigor of Life|
- The music from Falling Forest plays in the Life elemental zones.
- Life, Fire and Earth were the only elements that didn't include a Skylander who could fly before Swap Force. However, in the 3DS version, Zoo Lou can glide.
- There are two figures who deviate from the standard pedestals. Grilla Drilla has a mound of earth which his bottom half drills into, while Jolly Bumble Blast has snow on his pedestal.
- Life is the only element with plant-based Skylanders, who comprise almost half of its total amount. Animal-based Skylanders in the element include elves, apes and other mammals, as well as insects and a mushroom.
- It is the only element where all the Skylanders from Spyro's Adventure have Series 2 counterparts. Its core Skylander from Giants also has a Series 2 counterpart.
- It was the last element to have a Skylander in an Adventure Pack, but as of Imaginators, it now has two.
- Life has more figures in Battle Packs than other elements.
- Life and Water are the only elements to have two sidekicks before Trap Team.
- This is the only element with two Trap-exclusive villains, and one of three to have six standard villains. As such, it has the highest total amount of villains.
- It is the first element to have a Skylander with five fingers and toes in each hand and feet, when most Skylanders characters usually have four.
- High Five and Thrillipede (only when Mighty-morphosis is selected) are the only Life Skylanders with wings. They are also both insects.
- This element has the highest amount of SuperChargers, including Alt Decos.
- This element also has the highest amount of guest characters (Donkey Kong and Crash Bandicoot).
- This element has the highest amount of Ninja Skylanders, including alternate counterparts.
- Life, Fire and Water are the most common elements to appear in starter packs, with Stealth Elf appearing in several of them.