Missing Links is the third episode in the Skylanders Academy television series.
The episode starts at the Training Islands, where Stealth Elf gives a rousing speech to the team on how they have had great battles despite not having been a Core Skylander team for much time. However, her encouragement to defeat a Fire Viper falls on deaf ears as they're immediately attacked by it, and they quickly try to fight back using each individual ability. The Viper dispatches them one by one however, until Pop Fizz's potion has an unexpected reaction and traps them inside a ball of foam. As the monster draws near, however, it is shown to be a hologram, and Master Eon soon descends with Hugo in his floating stand to turn it off, voicing his disappointment with the amount of times they had failed the Fire Viper Simulation. Hugo, however, responds to their failure with more sarcasm, announcing they set a record for it.
Errors & Mistakes
- This episode was originally supposed to be after Crash Landing.
- Several aspects of the episode's continuity support this, such as how Kaos temporarily lost his recording to the map to the Core of Light in the episode prior but immediately recovered it in such a short amount of time. Throughout the season, he and Glumshanks bring up several times that the Core of Light "isn't going anywhere" despite its move in this episode, and the, originally, subsequent reveal in Assault on Skylander Academy is played seriously despite being known for nearly the entire season.
- It is currently unknown why the episode was moved in the continuity.
- After Cy states his catchphrase, Spyro mocks the fact Cy has one, ironically making a reference to Spyro's own catchphrase from the Skylanders games - 'All Fired Up'. The same thing happens towards the end of the episode, but involving Stealth Elf and her catchphrase - 'Silent but Deadly'.
- The Creation Crystal, including the vessel and Imaginite crystal, that was used to create Cy is shaped and greyish like the Undead Lantern Creation Crystal, though slightly more bluish in color and with no elemental icon printed on it.