- “Dark and Dangerous!”
- —Nightfall's official catchphrase
Initially, Nightfall was designed as an eel-like character with bioluminiscent qualities, but it didn't hold the dark aspect. Vicarious Visions eventually developed Nightfall into an aquatic, regal character that you can see walk on land, with a tone of mystery as they envisioned the Dark characters.
As a Dark Skylander herself, Nightfall is considered pessimistic and brooding. When she became irritated by Stormblade's optimism, the lark called the Dreadwalker a "walking bummer cloud". She always has a threatening tone even towards her allies, and is implied by Buzz to skip training because of her overconfidence. Nightfall hates being bored; she is inquisitive and energetic, and loves exploring. She cares deeply for her people, but has never cared about being popular or fitting in with the crowd.
Nightfall was a Dreadwalker from Fogshadow Tower, a mysterious fortress in the middle of the Poison Sea. While most Dreadwalkers stayed within the noxious cloud they called home, Nightfall preferred to dive into the black abyss and hunt the dark monsters that threatened her people. One day, as she was exploring a deep cavern in her submarine, the Sea Shadow, Nightfall came upon an enormous object that pulsed with a strange energy. It was gigantic, and before she could comprehend what she was looking at, it hatched! Out came a creature 100 times larger than anything she had ever seen! She fired the engines and raced back to warn her people. Just as the last citizens boarded an evacuation ship, the colossal head of the Leviathan broke the surface of the water and let out a terrible roar! Without hesitation, Nightfall rushed towards the monster, blasting it with everything she had while the others made their escape. This act of heroism caught the attention of Master Eon, and the rest is Skylander history!
Secret Agent Secrets
Nightfall, along with Spitfire and Stormblade, were assigned by Spyro their first mission to find Buzz's elite Skylander team, Boomer, Ghost Roaster and Voodood. Upon arrival at Motleyville, Stormblade's eagerness irritated Nightfall, causing her to lash out at her fellow teammate. The SuperChargers were then ambushed by Spell Punks, who rendered their vehicles useless with their elemental attacks. The Skylanders were able to defeat the Spell Punks in close combat, only to be defeated and knocked unconscious by the very Skylanders they were sent to find, who were now under the service of Spellslamzer.Held prisoner by the evil Spell Punk and corrupt Elite Skylanders, Nightfall eventually found a way for her fellow Skylanders to escape their prison by using one of Stormblade's feather blades. Along the way however, Nightfall and Stormblade got into another squabble, forcing Spitfire to step in and remind them that they needed to work togther in order to escape their predicament and act like heroes instead of enemies. Before they could reach their vehicles, the SuperChargers were ambushed by the corrupt Voodood. Stormblade managed to subdue him but was reluctant to take Voodood out. In her moment of hesitation, Stormblade was struck and knocked unconscious by Ghost Roaster, allowing Spellslamzer and the corrupt Elites to tie her, Spitfire and Nightfall to the front of their own vehicles as the villains rode out towards the Radiance mines to begin their attack.
It seemed hopeless as the SuperChargers were locked atop of their vehicles outside the mines while the villains and the traitorous Elites began terrorizing the Mabu miners. In a fit of fustration, Nightfall lashed out at her fellow teammates, having already given up hope. During the intense argument, one of Spellslamzer's minions came to the imprisoned SuperChargers and revealed himself to be special agent Softpaw. The fox spy revealed that he, Voodood, Ghost Roaster and Boomer had gone undercover pretending to be evil in order to infiltrate Spellslamzer's operations, an act that surprised the SuperChargers. By the time the SuperChargers were freed and came to assist the Elites, they were shocked to discover that Ghost Roaster was still on Spellslamzer's side, forcing the heroic Skylanders to fight against their enemies and former ally. When Stormblade subdued Ghost Roaster, Nightfall urged the lark to finish him without hesitation. Stormblade refused, reminding Ghost Roaster that he was a hero and someone who takes a special kind of courage to risk so much for no reward.
When it seemed that Ghost Roaster was about to deliver the final blow to Stomblade, he instead used his ball and chain to blow up the Radiance crystals beneath Spellslamzer, knocking him unconscious. Impressed by Stormblade's determination in bringing sense back to Ghost Roaster, Nightfall apologized to the lark Skylander for being so hard on her, finally acknowledging her as a teammate and a Skylander.
While on their first mission in Secret Agent Secrets, Nightfall expressed her irritation towards Stormblade's naturally excited "endless chirping". In return, Stormblade calls Nightfall "a walking bummer cloud". Throughout the mission, the two SuperChargers would bicker at one another until Stormblade's lingering belief in Ghost Roaster helped save the day, earning her Nightfall's respect and friendship.
Using the power of her mysterious shadowy hair, Nightfall can use it to attack at a distance by burrowing it into the ground, and releasing strands of it that seek out enemies. She can even manipulate shadows to hide; as a less offensive ability, it is also used to propel Nightfall foward when she pushes objects. Her hooks also allow her to fight in close range with great speed if charged.
- Health: 230 (max. 460)
- Speed: 43 (max. 91)
- Armor: 6 (max. 36)
- Critical Hit: 10 (max. 60)
- Elemental Power: 25 (max. 75)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 200
- Defense: 150
- Agility: 190
- Luck: 160
These stats are used in Skylanders: SuperChargers Racing.
- Top Speed: ??
- Acceleration: ??
- Handling: ??
- Firepower: ??
- Armour: ??
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
Bad Hair Day
Tap Attack 3 repeatedly to knock all enemies into the air in an area. Continue taping Attack 3 to increase the area and knock all enemies down to the ground.
|Whip Lash||Split Hook Ends||Hair Today, Gone Now||Scape-Goat|
Press Attack 3 to unleash a strand of dark energy that whips enemies and knocks them into the air. Using Whip Lash in the air knocks enemies down.
New hooks cause melee attacks to do more damage.
Damage enemies at the start of Ambrush and move faster during it.
The first hook melee attack after an Ambrush is guaranteed to critically strike.
|Splitting Hairs||Comb-O||Playing Hooky|
Hold Attack 1 and release to unleash a devastating combo of hook and dark energy attacks.
Every fourth attack in the basic melee combo does more damage.
Press Attack 1 during Ambrush to deal more damage in a larger area on exit.
|Ambrush Rush||Up-Sweep||Vast Volume|
Hold Attack 2 to Ambrush longer and shoot strands of dark energy towards enemies.
Knock enemies into the air at the end of Ambrush.
Press Attack 3 to send three strands of dark energy out to knock more enemies into the air during Whip Lash.
- "Dark and Dangerous!"
- "Mission accomplished!"
- "Is that the best you got?!"
- "Unparalleled luck!" - when collecting treasure
- "Unfathomable wealth!"
- "Treasures of the deep!"
- "My power swells!" - when leveling up
- "Power flows through me!"
- "Let's strap in." - when entering a vehicle
- "Ready for action!"
- "Without a shadow of a doubt."
- "I race to win." - when exiting a vehicle
- "More from where that came from!"
- "My power knows no limit." - checking stats
- "The numbers don't lie."
- "The choice has been made." - occasionally when equipping mods
- "Looks can be decieving." - when trying on a hat
- "How mysterious!"
- "My fate is before me." - when entering a vehicle or Victory in Skylanders: SuperChargers Racing
- "I am made of secrets, Buzz..."
- "Was I ever on the hook?"
- "The Sea Shadow. It is your worst nightmare."
- "Naturally. All of Kaos' forces should fear what's lurking in the darkest depths."
- "She who walks in shadows is prepared to meet the fates."
- "The ocean retakes everything someday. I'm just hurrying things along."
- Nightfall is the only Dark Skylander in SuperChargers.
- Both Nightfall and Snap Shot were monster hunters before becoming Skylanders, as said in their biographies.
- Previously, Nightfall's toy was recalled due to a faulty RFID chip causing the Portal of Power to not recognize the figure. Activision has stated that they had stopped as many shipments as they could, and that the toy will be reissued as soon as possible. The toy was later reissued on December 5th, 2015.
- Two software updates for SuperChargers allowed faulty Nightfall toys obtained before the recall to be recognizable by the game. Update 1.2.0 allowed recalled Nightfall figures to become compatible with the PS4 version of the game, and Update 1.3.0 allowed them to work with every other system (except for the Wii version, as it cannot be patched).
- She is the second Skylander to have the words "and Dangerous" in her catchphrase (the first being Slam Bam's "Armed and Dangerous" catchphrase).
- Despite being able to float instead of walking, in several animations she is held up by her hair instead, as well as in her figure.
- Nightfall's voice actor, Nika Futterman, is also known for voicing Pandora from Kid Icarus: Uprising, Catwoman from Batman: The Brave and the Bold and Sticks the Jungle Badger from Sonic Boom.
- Nightfall's long hair and metal mask resembles The Predator from the Alien Vs Predator series.
- Her hair also resembles that of Samara Morgan from The Ring series.
- ↑ SuperChargers Portal Master Handbook