- “He'll steal the show. And everything else!”
- —Villain Vault
Nightshade is a highly sophisticated thief and a follower of the Darkness. Despite having been born rich, he steals treasure simply to show off. Nightshade doesn't take himself quite seriously. He loves doing evil, but not because he needs to - just because he can. This charming, charismatic thief enjoys showing off his ninja skills in battle, and feels no remorse for his victims. To Nightshade, life is a game - a game he intends to win. Although he appears charming, he is completely heartless and doesn't waste a moment thinking about his victims. However, he does have a sense of honor as he willingly accepted capture, knowing that he couldn't run away forever.
A charismatic ninja thief, Nightshade is by far the most famous burglar that Skylands has ever known. Very smooth, charming, classy, and old-school cool. He was born rich and doesn’t need the treasure he steals. He only does it to show off how awesome he is. When the Core of Light was destroyed and the Dark Realm was cut off from the rest of Skylands, Nightshade was rumored to have finally retired from the game. But now that the Midnight Museum is set to host one of Skylands’ rarest treasures, the Dark Eye of Unvisibility, everyone knows it’s only a matter of time before Nightshade resurfaces for one last, big heist.
Skylanders: Trap Team
Nightshade snuck into the high security Midnight Museum to steal the Dark Eye of Unvisibility in order to have the power to steal everything in Skylands. The Skylanders attempted to retrieve the Dark Eye before it could fall into the wrong hands, but Nightshade beat them to it and snatched the artifact before making his escape. After the Skylanders defeated the security forces of the museum, Nightshade was cornered by the heroes and engaged them in a fight. During the battle, the Doom Raider used the shadows of the pillars to inflict damage to the Skylanders and created shadow clones of himself to confuse and harm them. Despite this advantage, Nightshade was defeated and accepted capture with dignity.
Although only mentioned, Nightshade's stash of stolen treasures were placed within the Sensei Dark Realm before his incarceration.
- "Indeed it is, my good man, and I'll be stealing it. Name's Nightshade, by the way, best thief in all of Skylands - Ta!"
- "You are persistent, I'll give you that. But I'm afraid I am going to give you a little drubbing as well. Engage!"
- "Normally one shouldn't be afraid of the shadow, but this is a case where you might want to make an exception."
- "Over here, Skylander. Or is it over here?"
- "My apologies, Skylander, but I really do need to win."
- "Hi, Skylander. Hi, Skylander. Hi, Skylander. Hi Skylander."
- "Tip of the cap to you, Skylander. And if it were up to me, I'd let you go, but the greater forces of Darkness say otherwise."
- "You can knock me down to size, Skylander. But which one is me?"
- "Well, Portal Master, I suppose it's in your hands now."
- "Oh, I guess I couldn't really elude capture forever. Well, it appears I'll be going away for a bit. I shall endure this capture sequence with dignittttyyyyyy.....!!" - when trapped
- "Ha! No jail can hold the great Nightshade!" *attacks the Trap's interior but fails* "Well except this one, apparently."
- "Well I suppose I could be persuaded to switch sides."
- "Dark days aheeaaaaadddd!" - when summoned
- "Didn't even break a sweat!"
- "Spare some change?"
- "Oh yeah she's talking about me you know. Tag me in." - Quest
- Midnight Museum - Crown Without a King
Villain Theme ♫
Nightshade's theme is Gangster, from APM Music.
- A nightshade is a plant of the Solanacea family, the most known being the poisonous deadly nightshade or belladonna. They were believed in the past to be used for witchcraft.
- Nightshade and Luminous are the only Doom Raiders who willingly accepted capture after their defeat.
- Coincidentally, they're both villains of the new elements, Dark and Light, respectively.
- His charismatic personality and status as a thief resembles that of the video game character, Sly Cooper.
- He shows an interest in Cali.
- Nightshade is one of a few villains who can produce money (the others being Chomp Chest and the Golden Queen).
- He is one of a few villains who speak with a British accent (the others being Bomb Shell, Brawl & Chain and Wolfgang).
- Nightshade, Dreamcatcher and Luminous are the only Doom Raiders who are not involved in any part of Skylanders: SuperChargers (if not counting Skystones Overdrive).
- None of them became a Sensei in Skylanders: Imaginators, either.
- His evolved form's color scheme is likely a reference to the legendary outlaw, Robin Hood.
- In Imaginators, the Super Mask head strongly resembles Nightshade's head.
- He can pickpocket Traptanium clusters.