|This article is also viewed at the Spyro Wiki.|
- “Hello, I am Occulous. In case you haven't noticed, I'm a giant eyeball.”
Occulous is a monster with a giant eyeball who terrorizes in the console versions of Darklight Crypt.
At first, Occulous appears to be a friendly eyeball, and will warmly introduce himself to the Skylander, whom Occulous immediately sees that they're not ghosts yet in the Ghost World. However, the residential ghosts soon reveal his true nature. Occulous is cruel and tyrannical towards his fellow Undead in the Crypt. For reasons unknown, he outlawed pies despite the Ghosts' love of it, forcing the citizens to hunt for the brains of the living instead.
When the Skylanders finally confront Occulous, they need to go into the Ghost World using the Spectral Shifting Platform. Gallant will explain to the Skylander how to defeat Occulous. The Skylander will need to bring Occulous' true form into the real world using the purple activator located on the other side of the arena. When activated, both Occulous and the Skylander will return to the real world, where he will send evil trees after them. However, it also makes him vulnerable to the cannons surrounding him and firing one into his eye will inflict damage. After Occulous is hit, he will fire a laser from his eye, destroying the cannon and chasing the Skylander. When Occulous stops his laser fire, he will go back into the Ghost World and the Skylander will have to repeat the process. After 3 hits, he will be launched to his watery doom in the Darklight Crypt moat and Gallant will invite the Skylander for pie when spoken to, thus ending the chapter.
- Occulous can be seen floating around The Necropolis (Wii only).
- Oculus in Latin means eye.
- Occulous' battle theme is the same as The Necropolis' theme.
- He bears a slight resemblance to Sauron from the Lord of the Rings.
- Occulous also bears a small resemblance to the Undead Giant, Eye-Brawl.
- He is incredibly short-sighted.
- His attack resembles one of the twins (Retinaizer) from the game Terraria.
- ↑ Skylanders Annual 2013, page 20