|This article is about the character from the games. You may be looking for the character from the TV series.|
- “The Motion of the Potion!”
- —Pop Fizz’s official catchphrase
Pop Fizz is a gremlin alchemist who is one of the Magic Skylanders in Skylanders: Giants. He is of the Magic element. His Series 2 counterpart is called Super Gulp Pop Fizz, and his Series 3 counterpart is Fizzy Frenzy Pop Fizz.
Pop Fizz has a red counterpart called Punch Pop Fizz, who is available in the 3DS Starter Pack of Giants and is now available in a single pack. He also has an easter counterpart, Hoppity Pop Fizz who is only available in Skylanders: Lost Islands for a limited time.
Pop Fizz is widely known as being a little crazy. The Skylander who puts the mad into mad scientist, he is bubbling over with crazy amounts of enthusiasm. And that's before he's glugged from his bonkers beast beaker! According to Pop Fizz, the reason he keeps drinking his potion, or soda, is that the effects keeps him on edge, gives him powers, and that it is "soda-licious." He is also one of the few characters who fully understands Double Trouble's language.
Nobody is quite sure who Pop Fizz was before he became an alchemist, least of all Pop Fizz himself. After many years of experimenting with magical potions, his appearance has changed quite significantly. In fact, no one even knows his original color. But it’s widely known that he is a little crazy, his experiments are reckless, and the accidents they cause are too numerous to measure. Understandably, he has had a difficult time finding lab partners, or anyone that even wants to be near him. In hopes of making himself more appealing to others, he attempted to create the most effective charm potion ever — but that just turned him into a big, wild, berserker. Or maybe that’s just how he saw the potion working in the first place...
Pop Fizz is a short and stubby, blue gremlin. At least, he's blue right now, but that could change at any moment. As an alchemist, Pop Fizz spends much of his time making potions, and the rest of his time drinking them. Everyone who has ever met him agrees that Pop Fizz is a little crazy. Actually he's a lot crazy, and the potions he brews up usually have some pretty wild effects. He once created a potion to make himself more charming and appealing to others. Unfortunately, when he drank it, he became a huge angry rage monster. Since then, his potions caused him to change colour, lose his memory and, on more than one occasion, violently explode. Despite this, he always keeps some potion close to hand, not just for the special abilities it gives him, but because it always tastes "soda-licious".
Lightning Rod Faces the Cyclops Queen
Pop Fizz attended the Annual Storm Titan Games with Drobot and Cali to see their fellow Skylander, Lightning Rod, in action. When Flynn's balloon was struck by Rod's stray hammer, Pop Fizz quickly transformed into his beserker form and knocked away any debris that threatened the audience, while Drobot and Lightning Rod saved the balloon's passengers and both Master Eon and the King of the Storm Giants.Once everyone was safe, Hugo revealed that the Book of Power had revealed the next fragment to the dreaded Mask of Power. Within the stadium, the Skylanders discovered that the Air segment to the Mask of Power has seemingly taken on the form of a Land Whale, which was stationed at a zoo held by the Cyclops Queen at Tempest Towers. Master Eon sent Pop Fizz, Lightning Rod, Double Trouble, Drobot, Cali, and Flynn to the Tempest Towers that lied beyond the Sea of Storms in their mission to claim the Air fragment before Kaos made his move. However before they could depart, Kaos captured Cali, who knew the path to Tempest Towers. The Skylanders gave chase, following Kaos while treking through the Sea of Storms and battling Windbag Djinnis along the way. They managed to get to Tempest Towers before Kaos could, and tricked their way into the Cyclops city by using Pop Fizz's beserker form to pose as a never-before-seen creature for the Cyclops Queen, leaving Flynn and Double Trouble outside to keep a lookout for Kaos.
However after tricking the Cyclops Queen and her husband, Pipsqueak, the Skylanders were found out. While Lightning Rod and Drobot were thrown to the Land Whale's tank to be eaten, Pop Fizz was captured and held prisoner in a cage. To escape from his prison, the alchemist became so excited that his potion wore off, allowing Pop Fizz to return to his normal form and slip through the cage bars to release Lightning Rod and Drobot from the tank.
After Kaos's battle with the Cyclopses, resulting in Lightning Rod hurling the Land Whale far from Tempest Towers, Pop Fizz concocted a potion made from the animals held by the Cyclops Queen that grew Lightning Rod to an enormous size big enough to carry the tower (that was the true Air segment) back to the Eternal Archive. Once there, Pop Fizz celebrated with his fellow Skylanders of their victory, unaware that there was a traitor in their mist revealing the locations to the Mask of Power to Kaos.
Stump Smash Crosses the Bone Dragon
Pop Fizz was one of the assembled Skylanders who attempted to fight against the rampaging Bone Dragon in the Giggling Forest, but was turned to stone. He was soon returned to normal when the Dragon agreed to un-freeze the petrified present characters.
The Kaos TrapPop Fizz was assigned on a mission with Stealth Elf and Wash Buckler to deliver supplies to the Mabu mining expedition at the Radiant Isles. On their way there, the blue gremlin was with Flynn in the cockpit of the Dread-Yacht, trying to learning how to make s'mores. When the Mabu became under attack by Kaos's Trolls, Pop Fizz quickly transformed into his Beserker form under Stealth Elf's insistence, using his brute strength to attack the Trolls and protect the Mabu. Suddenly, the Doom Raider Wolfgang arrived during the heat of the battle, causing the Skylanders, including Pop Fizz, to feel threatened and outmatched, as they weren't prepared to tackle both a Troll army and a Doom Raider.
Before Wolfgang could begin his attack, the Trap Masters, Snap Shot and Wallop, arrived in time to help their comrades. With their combined efforts, they defeated Wolfgang and drove off the Trolls, saving the Mabu expedition. Both the Skylanders and the Trap Masters were praised by the Mabu leader for their efforts in saving the Mabu, but soon came to notice that the Fork of Infinite Resonance was stolen by the Trolls, causing the Skylanders to ponder on what Kaos was up to.
Skylanders Issue #12: Graduation Day
Pop Fizz was helping with the Skylander Academy graduation by pouring special punch mix into the courtyard pool for the partygoers. When the Doom Raiders ambushed the school staff, Pop Fizz was turned to gold along with them until the Minis defeated the villains.
Pop Fizz appeared in Skylanders: Imaginators as one of the Skylander NPC characters (though the player may still play as Pop Fizz using previous figures). In the beginning of the story, he served as the race starter to initiate the race between Spyro and Stealth Elf. When the Skylanders scouted the Academy for possible enemies, Pop Fizz and the other heroes were confronted by Kaos's ultimate Doomlander: the Guacamole Monster.
After the Guacamole Monster was defeated, Pop Fizz alerted everyone that Fizzland was under attack by Kaos and proceeded to escort the Skylander to it. Upon arriving, a projection of Kaos confronted Pop Fizz and demanded to know where to find his Beast Mode potion. Pop Fizz instead consumed a bottle of his own potions and attempted to attack Kaos in his Beserker Form, only to go through the projection, fall to the abyss and later re-spawn. He then introduced the Skylander to the Fizz World Potion switching mechanic. When Kaos was successfully driven away, Pop Fizz downed some of his own potions in celebration.
Pop Fizz was later put under the control of Brain's Mind Magic power, but was later released from it after Spyro and the other Dragons used their Dragon Magic to dispel the brainwashing. Pop Fizz then revealed his plan to invade Kaos's Fortress by building a giant cake the heroes would hide inside and sent the Skylander out to collect cake ingredients.
Pop Fizz can throw his potions at enemies. He has three potions: a green one (which when thrown forms an acid pool on where it lands), a purple one (which when thrown spawns a potion minion that will attack for you), and a orange one (which explodes like a bomb on contact). His second attack is that he can transform into berserker mode if he drinks his potion. Also depending on how you upgrade him, he will have different attacks in berserker mode. And if you make him shake up his potions too much, it will create an explosion.
In Skylanders: Battlecast, his potions can be used as spells, though with random results. He can also use cheap and powerful spells, but at great costs, even muting him for the rest of a fight. His signature Gear is the Soda Fountain, which creates spells of an ally's element, and his Special Ability is Strange Brew, randomly creating a spell as well. His scrapped card and signature Relic is the Carbonator, which decreases the cost of spells drawn after it is placed.
- He was originally called Alchemist.
- In a particular demo of Pop Fizz on YouTube, when he drinks his potion, his beserker form is pink instead of blue.
- Pop Fizz bearing the ability to change between his normal state and his violent state using a potion is similar to the character, Dr. Jekyll and his split personality, Mr. Hyde.
- Unlike Mr. Hyde, Pop Fizz retains his personality in his 'Beast' form but he does, however, seem to become more hyper.
- As a LightCore figure, his bottle lights up. The beaker appears to be bigger than regular Pop Fizz's.
- As a Series 2 figure, he stands next on top of his giant purple beaker indicating his Wow Pow, Beaker Buddy. His gauntlets appear to have turned gold after obtaining his Wow Pow. Also, his backpack of bottles appears to be purple as well.
- The bottom of his Beaker is from his basic upgrade Dexterous Delivery since it changes the shape of the potion bottle.
- In the game, he starts out with an orange potion that explodes and damages multiple enemies.
- Pop Fizz and Trigger Happy are, so far, the only Gremlin Skylanders.
- They were also the first Skylanders to get Easter variants.
- He is voiced by Bobcat Goldthwait, who voiced Pain in Disney's Hercules and Experiment 199 (aka Nosy) from Lilo & Stitch: The Series.
- He and Pop Thorn have "Pop" in their names and have two changeable forms.
- Pop Fizz is one of the few Skylanders to break the fourth wall, by saying "Don't try this at home, kids!" and "Level up? Hoho, this is exciting!"
- His name might have been a play on Pop Quiz.
- Pop Fizz isn't the only character in Skylanders to go berserk after drinking the potion. A sheep took a sip of some of it in the extended version of the "Just like SWAP Force" commercial and transformed into a hairy, purple beast-like version of its former self.
- There is a glitch that can possibly make Pop Fizz summon three big Beaker Buddies at the same time instead of one. To do so, first he tosses one purple potion bottle over the edge, and then throw three purple ones at the same time thus turning them big walking beakers. But it must be done while the path, "Mad Scientist", is chosen.
- The prototype version of LightCore Pop Fizz holding two beakers is shown on the Skylanders: Giants Poster.
- He is the second Skylander to have two variants (the first being Spyro).
- As a Series 3 figure, Pop Fizz sometimes appears in the game in his Super Beast form even without having to drink his potions first, especially when his new Wow Pow, "Oversize ME!", hasn't been purchased yet.
- In his Super Beast form, he is capable of running over smaller enemies like Chompies.
- Pop Fizz is currently a name of a fast-food restaurant.
- He is the first Skylander to have more than one variant figure that aren't Dark and Legendary.
- He and Shroomboom are the only Skylanders who got a repose in Trap Team that doesn't have a Mini counterpart.
- He slightly resembles Stitch from the Disney movie, Lilo & Stitch.
- Fizzy Frenzy Pop Fizz appears as a separate variant in Skylanders: Lost Islands.
- His second Wow Pow "Oversize ME!" could be a pun on the 2004 American documentary film Super Size Me.
- In Skylanders: SuperChargers, he can perform his Soul Gem ability, Shake It, without falling on his back and still standing up.
- Pop Fizz's italian catchphrase is "Pozione In Azione!", which means the same but translates to "Potion In Action!".
- Pop Fizz's abilities are similar to Doctor Nitrus Brio from the first Crash Bandicoot game. Both throw potions and when they drink them, they become monsters with strong melee attacks.
- In Skylanders: SuperChargers Racing, when his Series 3 counterpart is placed on the portal, he doesn't say his catchphrase. Instead, he growls.