Quests are a ranking system that was first added into Skylanders: Giants and further developed in Skylanders: Swap Force. In it, Skylanders need to complete various objectives in order to increase their rank and obtain hats or stat increases.
They're divided into three categories:
- Five out of Nine are basic ones that are given to all Skylanders.
- Three out of Nine are based upon which Element the Skylander is from, including Elementalist which only changes by the Skylander's element.
- One out of the Nine is a Special Quest specific to that Skylander.
The tier system is based on ranking up by completing 3 quests for each.
When any Three of the quests are completed you are given a Bronze Ranking. In Giants, it unlocks the Bronze Top Hat for that Skylander, and in Swap Force, 25+ health.
When any Six of the quests are completed you are then given a Silver Ranking. In Giants, it unlocks the Silver Top Hat for that Skylander, and in Swap Force, 25+ health.
When all Nine are completed you are given the status ranking of Gold. In Giants, it unlocks the Gold Top Hat for that Skylander, and in Swap Force, 25+ health.
Skylanders Giants Quests
- Monster Masher: Defeat 1000 enemies.
- Chow Hound: Eat 50 pieces of food.
- Arena Artist: Complete an arena without taking any damage. In Arena Challenges where your Health is reduced to 1, it can't be obtained.
- Battle Champ: Win 10 PvP matches.
- Heroic Challenger: Complete a heroic challenge without taking any damage.
- Elementalist: Cause 7500 elemental bonus damage on that specific Element. It can be completed in the PVP matches, in Elemental Zones, or by using characters with significant Elemental Power stat.
- Puzzle Power: Defeat 25 enemies with light puzzle beams.
- Warp Whomper: Defeat 1 enemy within 10 seconds of using a teleporter.
- Cracker: Use 25 keys to open doors.
- Magic Isn't Might: Defeat 50 Life Spell Punks.
- By a Thread: Defeat an Undead Minion. As only the Evil Knight Minion can be found in this game, this challenge is completed by clearing the Undead zone in Autogyro Adventure.
- Bossed Around: Be defeated by a boss 3 times.
- Skylooter: Collect 500 gold while in midair. Flying abilities also count for the characters that can use them.
- From Above: Defeat 25 enemies while in midair. Flying abilities also count for the characters that can use them.
- Fully Stocked: Defeat 200 enemies while at full health.
- Melon Maestro: Hit 200 targets in a Turret challenge.
- Bombardier: Defeat 25 enemies with bombs.
- Steamer: Defeat an evil Water Minion.
- Stonesmith: Defeat 25 enemies with pushblocks.
- Wrecker: Destroy 25 walls.
- Waterfall: Knock 25 enemies off the edge of the world.
- Extinguished: Defeat an evil Fire Minion.
Swap Force Quests
- Bad Guy Basher: Defeat 1000 enemies.
- Fruit Frontiersman: Eat 15 fruit.
- Flawless Challenger: Complete a non-Story Mode level at full health.
- True Gladiator: Win 10 PVP matches.
- Totally Maxed Out: Reach level 20 and purchase all Upgrades for this Skylander.
- Elementalist: Deal 7500 elemental bonus damage.
Though some quests are the same as those in Giants, some have changed, as seen below.
- Geronimo!: Travel over 250 feet in one fall.
- Skylooter: Collect 500 gold while in midair. Now collecting gold while jumping counts as well.
- Savior of the Land: Free the Terrasquid in the Twisty Tunnels without switching Skylanders.
- Unearther: Use shovels to dig a total of 25 holes.
- Mega Melter: Defeat a total of 25 Ice Geargolems.
- Bombardier: Defeat 30 enemies with bombs.
- Defender of Life: Defeat 25 Undead Spell Punks.
- Fully Stocked: Defeat 250 enemies while at full health.
- Puzzle Power: Push a Laser Puzzle Beam to defeat an enemy.
- Mage Rivalry: Defeat a total of 25 Cyclops Gazermages or Cyclops Sleetthrowers.
- Out-Teched: Defeat Evilized Glumshanks in Jungle Rumble without switching Skylanders.
- Problem Solver: Complete 25 Spark Locks with this Skylander.
- Witherer: Defeat 25 Life Spell Punks.
- Back From the Brink: Defeat a boss while at critically low health.
- Extinguisher: Defeat 25 Fire Geargolems.
- A-Fish-Ionado: Catch 25 fish with the fishing rod.
Most Skylanders keep their quests from Giants, and as expected, new Skylanders have new quests and some old ones have slight changes to reflect new or removed enemies. Swap Force Skylanders only need the respective top half to complete their quest.