- “So believe it or not, not all Chompies are bad. And this particular dungeon contains the very rare Purple Chompy. Your mission is to clear out all the regular old green ones but leave the purple guys around. You can take out one - so long as it's by accident - but take out two and it's game over, buddy.”
Save the Purple Chompies! is a Heroic Challenge in Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure and Skylanders: Giants. It is unlocked by Drobot in Spyro's Adventure. It uses the map of Molekin Mine and requires 55 regular green Chompies to be defeated in under three minutes. This Heroic Challenge is noted in-game for its very hard difficulty.
This Challenge is infamous for its restriction on defeating Purple Chompies. If one Purple Chompy is defeated, Cali warns the Skylander that defeating another will lead to the species' extinction. Defeating another Purple Chompy after this happens results in a cutscene and an automatic failure.
Chompies run all around the map in set locations, so it is best to strategize before attempting to complete this Challenge with Skylanders that use long-ranged, uncontrollable, automatic, and/or random attacks. Helpers, like Double Trouble's doubles or Sonic Boom's babies, should not be used at all if able.
- Green and Purple Chompies
- If at any time no Purple Chompies have yet been defeated, and the Skylander defeats two Purple Chompies at the same time, the Skylander will be penalized as if he or she only defeated one Purple Chompy. This also occurs if another Purple Chompy is defeated right before Cali's warning.
- If a second Purple Chompy is defeated at the exact time 55 regular Chompies have been defeated, the Challenge will be completed regardless of the restriction.
- One of the rooms of the map is filled with nothing but Purple Chompies. Obviously, this room should be avoided at all costs.