|World:||Cats Eye Mountain|
|Appears in:|| Skylanders: Swap Force |
Skylanders: Lost Islands
Skylanders: Trap Team
|Cameos:||Skylanders: Stump Smash Crosses the Bone Dragon (mentioned)|
|Attacks/Actions:|| Cat Scratch |
|English Voice Actor:||Kathryn Cressida|
|First Release:||Skylanders: Swap Force|
- "The Luck of the Claw!"
- —Scratch's official catchphrase
Scratch is a natural explorer, having investigated the crystal mines of her mountain home for days on end. She's still adventurous to this day.
High in the peaks of Cats Eye Mountain sits a towering city of crystal and gold that can only be reached by creatures of the Air Element. It was here that Scratch spent her youth soaring playfully in the clouds or exploring the endless number of crystal mines. One day, an army of Pirate Greebles arrived in a fleet of airships, looking to steal ancient magic crystals buried deep in the mountain. Donning specially made armour, Scratch led an epic battle against the pirates, using her incredible fighting skills to defend the crystals and the city. Tales of her heroism soon made their way to Jet-Vac, who traveled to Cats Eye Mountain and recruited Scratch to the Skylanders.
Born in a city of crystal and gold atop Cats Eye Mountain, the young Scratch loved soaring through the sky and searching through the many gemstone mines. Her idyllic life was shattered when a band of Pirate Greebles invaded, plotting to steal the magical gems that lied deep inside the mountain. Donning her golden armor, Scratch led the counter-attack against the invaders and fought them off, saving the city and catching the eye of Jet-Vac, who invited her to join the Skylanders.
Skylanders: Stump Smash Crosses the Bone Dragon
Scratch and Flashwing were assigned by Spyro to search for Master Eon at Molekin Mine when the old Portal Master was kidnapped by Squirmgrub, who was an agent of Kaos. However, without a Portal Master to operate the Portals, it took long for the two Skylanders to reach their destination.
- Health: 260 (max. 520)
- Speed: 50 (max. 98)
- Armor: 6 (max. 36)
- Critical Hit: 8 (max. 58)
- Elemental Power: 25 (max. 75)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 110
- Defense: 65
- Agility: 100
- Luck: 65
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
| Soul Gem Ability|
Requires Soul Gem from:
|Cat Scratch||Playful Pounce||Gem Affinity|
|Wing Spark||Silver Claws||Whirlwing||Silver Mask|
Rubies boosts damage done to enemies!!
|Sharpened Rubies||Ruby Rage||Ruby Mask|
Sapphire boosts speed and wind abilities!
|Speedy Sapphire||Sapphire Slash||Sapphire Mask|
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- Claw Swipe (Primary Attack): Press (Y) to perform a claw swipe attack.
- Laser Pounce (Secondary Attack): Hold (X) to shoot a laser that can be moved around and damage enemies. When (X) is released, Scratch will pounce to that location doing additional damage to nearby enemies.
- Flying Tornado (requires level: 3): Hold (Y) to create a suction tornado. The tornado will pull enemies closer and damage them. When completed, Scratch will finish with a final explosion that damages nearby enemies.
- Laser Pull (requires level: 6): The beam for Laser Pounce (X) will now pull enemies closer and deal increased damage.
- Claw Dash (requires level: 9): Hold (A) while not moving to crouch into an attack stance. When fully crouched push the Circle Pad in any direction to start sprinting into a claw spin that damages enemies.
- "The Luck of the Claw!"
- "A curious place."
- "The jewel of the skies!"
- "Moving right along."
- "Clawing my way through!"
- "A purrfect victory!"
- "Up and away!"
- "Fight and flight!"
- "Success is mine!"
- "More power!" - level up
- "Good kitty!"
- "Away we go!"
- "I'll take it!" - treasure
- "Just scratching the surface." - when seeing stats
- "Clawing my way to the top!"
- "A hat fit for a cat!" - when putting on a hat
- "I'll wear this with pride!"
- Because she resembles an sphinx, she resembles Nefertimon, a Digivolution form of Gatomon from the Digimon franchise.
- Her catchphrase is a pun on the saying "the luck of the draw".
- Scratch's voice actress, Kathryn "Kat" Cressida, is also the voice actress of Dee Dee from Dexter's Laboratory during Seasons 2 and 4.
- Scratch is one of the few Skylanders who are able to heal themselves without eating food (others include characters like Wrecking Ball, Stealth Elf, Camo, Slobber Tooth, and Food Fight).
- One of her upgrades, Whirlwing, alludes to whirlwinds.
- It also happen to be a pun on another Air Skylander, Whirlwind.
- Like Sunburn and Flashwing, Scratch doesn't possess a Flight upgrade despite having wings, although she does fly while performing her attacks.
- In her magic moment, Scratch briefly chases after a moving laser pointer, a common trait shared by felines who love chasing after moving shiny objects.
- Scratch and Swarm are the only Air Skylanders without a blue colour scheme.
- She is currently the only quadruped female Skylander to have visible teeth.
- She, Flameslinger, and Freeze Blade are the only Skylanders that wear masks over their eyes.
- ↑ Skylanders Universe: The Complete Collection, page 15