|Appears in:|| Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure |
Skylanders: Cloud Patrol
Skylanders: The Machine of Doom
Skylanders: Spyro versus The Mega Monsters
Skylanders: Gill Grunt and the Curse of the Fish Master
Skylanders: Lightning Rod Faces the Cyclops Queen
Skylanders: Swap Force
|Attacks/Actions:|| Magic Powers |
The Skylanders are legendary heroes and champions, protectors of their world, Skylands, as well as the only playable characters in the Skylanders series. Using their magical powers and machinery, the Skylanders defended their world for generations, keeping peace and balance, until Kaos arrived and banished them to Earth.
The most powerful of all Skylanders are the Giants.
Each Skylander is aligned to a single element: Earth, Air, Fire, Water, Life, Undead, Magic, and Tech. The elemental alignment of each Skylander makes them strong against one element and weak against another element in the Battle Arena: Earth is strong against Tech, Tech is strong against Magic, Magic is strong against Undead, Undead is strong against Life, Life is strong against Water, Water is strong against Fire, Fire is strong against Air, and Air is strong against Earth. This "rock-paper-scissors" mechanic is somewhat offset by the variety of stats and abilities.
It was said that the Giants were the original Skylanders who banded together to fight an evil empire. 10,000 years ago, the Giants battled against the tyrannical Arkeyans for the freedom of Skylands. In a final battle against the Arkeyans, the Giants were shot to Earth as a form of sacrifice, where they’ve been buried underground ever since. As the years passed, these enormous Skylanders were soon considered as a myth.
There has been hundreds of Skylanders in the past, and today, there are dozens, maintaining their role in protecting Skylands from the forces of darkness. Despite the fact that the Skylanders come from different realms and worlds, each knows it is their destiny to use their abilities to protect Skylands.
The Skylanders have an unbreakable bond with their Portal Masters. Though they are not servants, the Skylanders chose to serve their Portal Master and do so eagerly. They are also friends with the Fairies, particularly because fairies can turn treasure into upgrade magic that gives the Skylanders new powers and abilities, including fresh breath.
List of Skylanders
The Main Skylanders
- Dark Spyro
- Legendary Spyro
- Legendary Chop Chop
- Legendary Bash
- Legendary Trigger Happy
- Punch Pop Fizz
- Legendary Slam Bam
- Legendary Jet-Vac
- Legendary Ignitor
- Legendary Chill
- Legendary Bouncer
- Legendary Stealth Elf
- Gnarly Tree Rex
- Granite Crusher
- Polar Whirlwind
- Jade Flashwing
- Molten Hot Dog
- Royal Double Trouble
- Scarlet Ninjini
- Cupid Flameslinger
- Lucky Boomer
- Hoppity Pop Fizz
- Buddy Wrecking Ball
- There's a dragon Skylander for each element, three of which are hybrids between dragons and another species (Whirlwind, Sunburn, and Camo).
- All of the Skylanders originally spoke their own gibberish languages in Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure, but as the project went on, Toys for Bob decided to give fourteen of them actual English lines.
- Every Skylander can now speak in Skylanders: Giants.
- All Skylanders have at least one (and some as many as four) unique animations that only run when they’re getting upgraded. They are some of the most complex and creative animations in the game.
- Every Skylander has movement when entering the game in Skylanders: Giants.
- When a Skylander travels through a portal, it is usual for them to yell out a fierce battle cry when they appear. In fact, every year, there is a contest to see whose battle cry is the loudest; the most frightening, and the best for making milk shoot out from people's noses.
- When Skylanders are defeated in battle, they are instantly teleported back home where they can heal and rest.