|Released:||October 14, 2012|
Skylanders: Battlegrounds is a game for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod. It is the first Skylanders iOS game to have a starter pack. The starter pack includes Series 2 Cynder, Jet-Vac, Royal Double Trouble, sticker sheets and web codes for each Skylander, and a Platinum Treasure Chest. It comes with a Portal of Power which can connect via bluetooth to a players iOS device. The starter pack also comes with a download code for Skylanders: Battlegrounds.
The starter pack costs $49.99. The app can also be bought without the starter pack for $6.99 on the App Store and Google Play.
Bring the Skylanders to life in two ways:
- Connect the new Bluetooth Portal of Power (optional accessory) to the players device and bring their collection to life instantly. Swap them out during battle to win tough battles and leverage their unique powers.
- Use the secret codes to unlock the players Skylanders collection.
- Embark on fun and adventurous quests
- Unlock and upgrade powerful abilities for each Skylander
- Plan your attacks carefully in the Overworld
- Unleash devastating Portal Master powers, including Lightning Bolts and Dynamite
- Instantly swap Skylanders in and out of battle with the Bluetooth Portal of Power
- Over 30 Game Center Achievements to unlock
- Import a players Skylander collection using the Portal of Power or Secret Codes
- Universal App with support for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
The object of the game is to fight Kaos' warlords using the players Skylanders. The four warlords are Arbor Eater, Mega Chompulon, Chompy Mage, and King Brock. In the game, the Skylands are made up of many hexagonal tiles. To move around the Skylands, tap and slide the players Skylander from one tile to another. There are several types of tiles.
To fight an enemy, the player must step on the same tile as them. Then two of their Skylanders will be transported to a battleground. The battleground they are sent to is determined by the type of tile the player and the enemy stepped on. Several waves of enemies will appear and attack the players Skylanders. Players must fight using the Skylanders by tapping the Skylander and sliding their finger to where they want them to move. If the player slides their finger towards an enemy, the Skylander will attack the enemy. Players can also use special abilities and magic items. Winning battles will earn players coins and experience points. Players might also get gems and magic items.
After the player completes a task in the Skylands, a portal will appear. Moving onto the same tile as the portal will end the level and automatically send the player to the next one.
To see the collection of Skylanders, items, and other related material, go here.