|This article is about the hub world in the console versions of Skylanders. You may be looking for its TV counterpart or the TV series.|
The Skylanders Academy, also referred to as the Skylander Academy or the Skylands Academy, is an island that first appeared as the main hub world in Skylanders: Trap Team. It serves as the training ground for potential Skylanders. It is also the area where the Minis were trained from being Sidekicks to full-fledged Skylanders.
The Skylanders Academy was established by Buzz in order to train future Skylanders to protect the Skylands. Since its debut, the Academy serves as the main headquarters for Skylanders and the supporting cast.
In the Return of the Dragon King arc, the school was damaged by the Undead Dragon King Malefor, who sought to destroy the Academy to build a fortress in its place as revenge for the troubles Spyro, Cynder and Hex had caused him. The evil dragon was eventually defeated by the Skylanders, and although the Academy was in ruins, it was set to be rebuilt. During the adventures set afterwards, the school was successfully renovated. However during the Rift into Overdrive arc, the Giants were forced to break off pieces of the island in order to take out most of Kaos's attacking forces.
The Academy holds the Villain Vault where, in Trap Team, the Skylanders can switch out the villains they have in their possession. As the game progresses, more locations at the school appear that can be explored from the courtyard:
- Persephone's area is the first to appear when the Skylanders interact with her.
- Following the mission at Know-It-All Island, an area across from Persephone's house appears with a special gate.
- Following the mission at Chompy Mountain, the main hall can be accessed with the appearances of the Legendary Chompy Statues and Auric's shop.
- Following the mission at the Phoenix Psanctuary, Brock's arena appears as well as an appearance by Crossbones and the rap battle area.
In Skylanders: SuperChargers, the Academy has an entirely different layout due to recent attacks. An Academy Store is opened, allowing the players to purchase items found in the game.
- The repairs on the Academy after Malefor's assault is very similar to the original concept design of the Skylanders Academy created for Skylanders: Trap Team.
- A section of the Academy dedicated to Battlecast training resides in the Second Dimension, with several trolls, chompies, a hologram projector and Sheep Creep helping around as sparring opponents.
- This is the first, and so far, only hub world to serve as the hub in more than two games, although it does change from game to game.