Skylanders Creator is an mobile app game that offers Portal Masters a one-of-a-kind experience to create Imaginator characters on-the-go. Featuring the robust creation tools similar to those available in the console game of Skylanders: Imaginators, players can simply download Skylanders Creator from select iOS and Android mobile devices’ app stores to begin creating Imaginators from scratch – or players can magically transfer their created characters from the console game to the app using state-of-the-art audio technology.
In Fall 2017, the Skylanders Store in the Creator app that allowed fans to purchase merchandise of their Imaginators is no longer available.
For the first time in toys-to-life history, fans can use Skylanders Creator to immortalize their Skylanders Imaginators creations in a variety of physical forms including:
- 3D Printed Imaginator Figure – Fans can bring their character creations from the digital world to life in the physical world as a 3D printed Skylanders Imaginators figure. The custom-printed Imaginator arrives in full color, posed on a base and enclosed in a clear protective dome -- making it a true collector’s item. The figure is fully playable in the Skylanders Imaginators console game! Quantities are limited for 3D figures.
- Imaginator Card – Fans also have the option to order high-quality, custom made trading cards emblazoned with a full color image of their creation and fully playable in Skylanders Imaginators. Players simply place the card on the Portal of Power and watch their creations come to life in the videogame.
- Imaginator T-Shirt – Portal Masters can show off their Imaginators on a premium, full- color, customized T-shirt featuring an image of their very own creation, the character’s Battle Class, element and name!
The Skylanders Creator app will feature Timed Imaginite Chests that give users new creation parts for their Imaginators at certain times during the day, daily Sensei Chests featuring special parts unique to that Skylander, a collection menu where players can access all of their created Imaginators, called My Imaginators’ Creation Gallery, and the ability to share created characters with fans around the world. The availability of the Skylanders Creator app features vary by region.
- The Skylander Creator app is similar to the Spore Creature Creator. They appear as both stand alone full applications as well as being part of the main games.
- Unlike the Creature Creator, there are no test-drive functions to see how the Imaginator moves ingame.
- Even without the required figures or the post-update Level Packs, players can use ingame-locked parts and order figures or cards containing these parts.