|This article is about the character from the games. You may be looking for the character from the spin-off TV series.|
- “Croc and Roll!”
- —Snap Shot's official catchphrase
Snap Shot is a fearless crocagator who uses his wild tracking skills to hunt down evil monsters and eventually villains.
Snap Shot came from a long line of Crocagators that lived in the remote Swamplands, where he hunted chompies for sport. After rounding up every evil critter in his homeland, Snap Shot ventured out into the world to learn new techniques that he could use to track down more challenging monsters. He journeyed far and wide, perfecting his archery skills with the Elves and his hunting skills with the wolves. Soon he was the most revered monster hunter in Skylands – a reputation that caught the attention of Master Eon. It then wasn’t long before Snap Shot became the leader of the Trap Masters, a fearless team of Skylanders that mastered legendary weapons made of pure Traptanium. It was this elite team that tracked down and captured the most notorious villains Skylands had ever known!
When the Doom Raiders wrecked havoc across Skylands, Snap Shot was among the Trap Masters who confronted the villains to put a stop to their evil deeds. After a lengthy battle, the Trap Masters succeeded in defeating the Doom Raiders and locked them away in Cloudcracker Prison.
The Kaos TrapWhen the Skylanders, Stealth Elf, Wash Buckler and Pop Fizz, were becoming overwhelmed by Kaos' Trolls and the threat of the Doom Raider Wolfgang, Master Eon called upon the Trap Masters to aid them. Responding quickly, Snap Shot and Wallop arrived at the Mabu mining expedition in time to assist the three Skylanders, with Snap Shot briefly stopping Wolfgang by shooting the werewolf in the back with a traptanium arrow. While Wallop dealt with the trolls, the crocagator Trap Master fought with Wolfgang, easily overpowering the werewolf by hurling him into the air and allowing Wallop to deliver the finishing blow to the villain. After Wolfgang's defeat, the Skylanders hauled the werewolf back to Cloudcracker Prison.
The Mabu leader thanked the Skylanders and the Trap Masters for their successful efforts in protecting the Mabu and the Radiance Crystals. However they came to notice that the Fork of Infinite Resonance needed for the mining expedition was stolen by the trolls during the attack. Pondering, Snap Shot was left wondering what Kaos was up to.
Skylanders: Trap Team
Snap Shot and the other Trap Masters were hurled from Skylands when Kaos destroyed Cloudcracker Prison using his Frequency Modulator. This not only shattered the Traptanium stronghold, but also released the Doom Raiders and other villains from their imprisonment. The Trap Masters were sent to Earth along with pieces of Traptanium where they were found by the new Portal Master.
Return of the Dragon King
When Malefor was launching an attack on the Skylanders Academy, Snap Shot was one of the remaining Skylanders that attempted to protect the school. The crocagator used his archery skills, along with his fellow Skylanders, to attack the approaching dragon. When Malefor evaded their arrows, the Skylanders formed a barrier that successfully withstood Malefor's flames, but the dragon was able to pierce through and defeat Snap Shot and the Skylanders with a single strike of his metallic tail.
Rift into Overdrive
Snap Shot was among the Skylanders that were stranded around Skylands when the Portal network was disconnected by Kaos's Sky Eater. Thanks to Mags' distress call through Magus' Omni-Disruptor, the Trap Master was able to hear that the Skylanders Academy was under attack and rushed to save it with the other Skylanders.
Snap Shot can use his Traptanium bow and arrow to shoot enemies in various ways and summon whirlpools. In Skylanders: Battlecast, he can also attack a hook to a special arrow to drag in enemies nearer. His special ability is Sharpshooter, which allows him to hit any enemy, and his signature Gear is the XL500 Scope, which attacks alongside his spells. He can also summon a trap Relic containing Chill Bill to temporarily assist him.
- Both Snap Shot and Dino-Rang are reptilian Skylanders that use a projectile weapon.
- Both Skylanders also speak with an Australian accent.
- He is similar to King Pen, the leader of the Senseis, as both are of the Water element and lead an elite team of Skylanders.
- Prior to Imaginators, he and Flameslinger were the only Skylanders to wield an archery set.
- His name is a play on snapshot, a common word for photograph.
- He was originally green, one of his protoype names was Croc Shot and his original catchphrase was "Quiver in Fear!". His other prototype name was Bullseye.
- In an interview during San Diego Comic Con 2014, I-Wei mispronouced Snap Shot's name as 'Croc Shot'.
- One of his expansion cards in Battlecast would be called Croc Shot. However, the card was never released.
- In an early look at Skylanders merchandise, his weapons were known as "Ranger Bow & Arrow".
- Snap Shot also appears in the Target Holiday 2014 commercials along with Barbie, Skye, Chase and Marshall from PAW Patrol, Leonardo from TMNT, Zoomer Dino and Doc McStuffins.
- He is the second Skylander to appear in a Target commercial whereas Tree Rex was the first.
- He and Food Fight are the only Trap Team characters with Instant counterparts, exclusive to the Tablet version of the game.
- He and Wildfire are the only Trap Masters to have Dark counterparts.
- One of Snapshot's battle cries "Croc and Awe" is similar to Jet-Vac's catchphrase "Hawk and Awe".
- He is one of the few Skylanders whose catchphrase is a play on "Rock and Roll" (the other two are Wrecking Ball and Bash).
- Snap Shot is the fourth Skylander to be voiced by Fred Tatasciore (others being Slam Bam, Zook, and Warnado).
- Although he is the leader of the Trap Masters, in "Trapping Kaos" trailer and the introduction of the game, Wallop appears to have the leadership role.
- In the Wii version of Trap Team, when you go to the singing minigame or character editor, his lower jaw will sometimes clip through his top jaw.