- “Time to Shine!”
- —Spotlight's official catchphrase
Spotlight was discovered by Master Eon in the Prismatic Palace, where the Portal Master had ventured seeking the Crystal Orb of Light. Upon finding the Orb, Eon reached out and gently touched it – causing a brilliant light to emanate in all directions. Having been infused with Eon’s magic, the Orb glowed magnificently. And when Eon slowly lowered his hand from his shielded eyes, Spotlight stood before him in a respectful bow. Her power of Light was unknown to him, for it was not of the eight common Elements in Skylands. But sensing that the Ancients sent Spotlight to him for a reason, he took her to the Core of Light and trained her to defend it as a member of the Skylanders. And when none other than evil Portal Master Kaos destroyed it – Spotlight vanished!
Light in the Dark
After eating a piece of candy and being unconscious for an unknown amount of time, Spotlight and Blackout found themselves inside an strange place, with an opening at the top. However, before they could do anything, the area started to become flooded with candy, threatening to drown the two Skylanders. Spotlight and Blackout were unable to break themselves out on their own, but by combining their Light and Dark powers, they managed to escape. They discovered they had been inside a giant piñata within Arkeyan ruins. As Spotlight and Blackout quickly flew away to alert Master Eon, from afar, Pain-Yatta announced his plans of a "candy catastrophe" and that the Skylanders wouldn't be able to stop it in time.After reporting back to Master Eon about what happened to them, Spotlight and Blackout soon discovered through Gearshift that Pain-Yatta used their Light and Dark powers to create an army of Candy Soldiers in his attempt to rule Skylands. Upon learning of Pain-Yatta's plan, Master Eon sent Spotlight and Blackout back to the Arkeyan ruins in order to find out any clues about the attack. Once there, the two dragons were ambushed by a horde of candy warriors until Knight Light and Knight Mare came to assist their fellow Skylanders. However they were soon confronted by Pain-Yatta, who released a wave of candy upon the four Light and Dark Skylanders.
Spotlight, Blackout, Knight Light and Knight Mare became imprisoned inside Pain-Yatta's giant pinata to power him and his army of candy warriors during their impending conquest over Skylands. Should they use their powers of Light and Dark to try and escape their prison, they would only make Pain-Yatta and his army stronger. Eventually the Skylanders concocted a plan to overload the pinata with their powers, causing it to explode and allowing the Skylanders to escape. Despite absorbing the Light and Dark energies to empower himself, Pain-Yatta suddenly became sick from taking in too much power and his candy warriors around Skylands dropped to pieces, resulting in Pain-Yatta's defeat. At the Skylanders Academy, Master Eon congratulated the Light and Dark Skylanders for their efforts in saving Skylands once again, this time with with their Light and Dark abilities.
Spotlight can shoot powerful eyebeams, and throw golden halo rings that reflect the eye lasers onto enemies. Spotlight can summon a pillar of heavenly energy to erupt from the ground which damages foes near it. Her Soul Gem allows her to create other light dragons from the heavenly aura when zapped with her eyebeams.
- Health: 270 (max. 540)
- Speed: 60 (max. 108)
- Armor: 36 (max. 66)
- Critical Hit: 20 (max. 70)
- Elemental Power: 35 (max. 85)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 70
- Defense: 120
- Agility: 60
- Luck: 130
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
|Eye Beams||Halo Rings||
|Bright Eyes||Heavenly Aura||The Halo Effect||Hello Halos|
Eye Beams do more damage.
Press Attack 3 to create a Heavenly Aura, damaging enemies inside.
Hitting enemies with Halo Rings slows them down.
Can have more Halo Rings active at a time.
|Aura Charge||Light It Up||Bling|
Shoot a Heavenly Aura with Eye Beams to power it up and do more damage.
Eye Beams do even MORE damage and have longer range.
Shoot two Halo Rings at once.
|Heavy Halo||Ring Shot||Uplifting Experience|
Halo Rings are larger and do more damage.
Halo Rings shoot light beams of their own.
Light enemies caught in Halo Rings up with the Heavenly Aura.
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- Eye Laser (Primary Attack): Hold (X) to fire a laser from your eyes.
- Golden Rings (Secondary Attack): Press (X) to spawn up to 4 golden rings that can be shot at by the eye laer and connects to each other.
- Spotlight (requires level: 6): Hold (X) to spawn a pillar of light that draw enemies into it.
- Red Rings (requires level: 3DSupgrade2level): Jump and press (X) to spawn a red ring that burst when close to an enemy. Red rings can be charged by firing at them with the eye laser to increase their damage and burst range.
- Laser Rings (requires level: 3DSupgrade3level): Chaining four rings together with the eye laser makes a full laser chain that will link all rings together and greatly increases their damage.
- "Time to Shine!"
- "Outshining the rest!"
- "Beware my glare!"
- "Rise and shine!"
- "See the light!"
- "Razzle dazzle!" - when switched in
- "On the spot!"
- "Go time!"
- "Oh yeah!"
- "Light it up!"
- "Up high!" - when using the Bounce Pad
- "Rising up!"
- "X marks the spot!" - when opening a treasure chest
- "Full bloom!" - when leveled up
- "Brighter than the sun!"
- "My future is looking bright!" - when viewing stats
- "Illuminating numbers!"
- "A true vision!" - when selecting a hat
- "Looking quite radiant!"
- Spotlight is the only core Skylander of the Light Element as of Imaginators.
- Her attack pattern is similar to Flashwing, as both Skylanders use light based attacks.
- Both dragon Skylanders also share few battle phrases, including one that is Spotlight's catchphrase, "Time to Shine!" and "Outshining the rest!"
- She and Aurora are the only female Light Skylanders.
- Spotlight's battle cry "See the light!" is shared by Knight Light's catchphrase "See the Light!".
- She is generally considered a Light counterpart to the Dark Skylander Blackout, considering they are both Dragons, both the only core Skylander of their element within Trap Team, and were both released alongside the Trap Masters of the same elements, being Knight Light and Knight Mare respectively.
- She is relatively similar to Star Strike:
- Both of their attacks are linked with light.
- They both possess featureless eyes.
- They are both voiced by Misty Lee.
- Both say "Time to shine!" as a quote.
- One of her 3DS upgrades, Spotlight, shares the same name as her.
- There is a glitch where, after using Spotlight for a while, her 'Light Dragons' power stops working. To remedy this, Spotlight must be removed from the portal, then placed back onto it.
- Like Flashwing, Echo, Whirlwind and Cynder, Spotlight has no visible teeth.
- They also happen to be the only female dragons in the game.