|This article is also viewed at the Spyro Wiki.|
Although the element of Tech was around long before the Arkeyans 10,000 years ago, it was this ancient civilization who perfected the use of technical machinery beyond any other. The Arkeyans spent thousands of years honing their technical skills, coming up with everything from terrifying weapons of war to newfangled ways of quickly cooking their lunches. Their mighty machines have never been better, proving beyond all doubt that they were the ultimate Tech masterminds.
The Golden Gear lies at the heart of the universe. It is the intricate clockwork of the world. The Golden Gear drives everything that is Tech, but can only function when oiled with green primordial goo. The Gear is the very essence of the Tech power in Skylands, and like other Elemental sources, dates back hundreds of thousands of years.
The Skylanders who possess the Tech element are associated with using techonology as their weapons, and they have an advantage against Skylanders and enemies who wield the element of Magic, but are weak against Earth Skylanders in the Battle Arena. When they form a bridge, they bring a platform of machinery torwards them and tiles form onto the platform to make a bridge. The color of this element is orange.
Tech-based Skylanders also stand on a pedestal that consists of a pile of silver gears when they're in their toy form.
Tech Elemental Characters
- Drill Sergeant
- Tread Head
- Trigger Happy
- Each Tech Skylander uses weapons.
- In Skylanders: Giants, the music from Goo Factory plays in the Tech elemental zones.
- Tech has currently seven robotic Skylanders: Drill Sergeant, Bouncer, Wind-Up, Magna Charge, Spy Rise, Gearshift, and Jawbreaker. Out of these seven, only Bouncer, Drill Sergeant, and Magna Charge have wheels instead of feet. In addition, Wind-Up, Spy Rise, and Gearshift don't possess robotic voices when they talk.
- In Giants, whenever a Tech Skylander gets close to some Sheep, the sheep will start following it.
- None of the Tech and Air Villains' quests are mini games.
- This element has more Troll villains than any other element. Coincidentally, they are also the only Troll villains who pilot vehicles (with exception of the fire villain, Smoke Scream).