|This article is also viewed at the Spyro Wiki.|
Tech is one of the ten elements introduced in the Skylanders series. When combined with the other Elements, it has the power to dominate the entire realm. Orange is the main color for this element, though it is also commonly associated with silver and royal blue.
Although the element of Tech was around long before the Arkeyans 10,000 years ago, it was this ancient civilization who perfected the use of technical machinery beyond any other. The Arkeyans spent thousands of years honing their technical skills, coming up with everything from terrifying weapons of war to newfangled ways of quickly cooking their lunches. Their mighty machines have never been better, proving beyond all doubt that they were the ultimate Tech masterminds.
The Golden Gear lies at the heart of the universe. It is the intricate clockwork of the world. The Golden Gear drives everything that is Tech, but can only function when oiled with green primordial goo. The Gear is the very essence of the Tech power in Skylands, and like other Elemental sources, dates back hundreds of thousands of years.
Green Goo of Primordia
Also known as Green Primordial Goo, it is grease made from the fossilized Explodasaurs, and contains unimaginable power. Aside from powering the Golden Gear, it can also vastly improve technology that uses it, like the Trolls' weapons after they secured factories of it.
The Skylanders who possess the Tech element are associated with using advanced or unusual techonology as their weapons. They have an advantage against Skylanders and enemies who wield the element of Magic, but are weak against Earth Skylanders in the Battle Arena. When they form a bridge, they bring a platform of machinery towards them and tiles form onto the platform to make a bridge.
Tech-based Skylanders also stand on a pedestal that consists of a pile of silver gears when they're in their toy form.
In Skylanders: Trap Team turret sections, Tech Skylanders have the ability Robot Rampage, which destroys most enemies in the area. In Kaos Doom Challenge, they can summon a machine gun that can be upgraded to have multiple barrels and giant rocket as additional support.
In Skylanders: SuperChargers, Tech-aligned Portal Master Powers include a protective barrier of gears, reducing enemies' attack, and gain a temporary Critical Hit chance boost. Those are distributed in several conditions, and the names are as follows:
- Clockwork Barrier
- Analytical Entrance
- Targeting Strike
- Technical Analysis
- Metallic Desperation
Tech Imaginators can choose from four different abilities as their secondary attack:
|Tech Elemental Imaginator Powers|
The first two of these powers are unlocked at the start of the game, the other two are unlocked by leveling up your Imaginator.
Mastered Tactical Turrets
Mastered Mechanical Microbots
Mastered Motorcycle Blast
Mastered Mighty Mines
Press Attack 2 to create deadly turrets.
Press Attack 2 to create turrets. You can now have two active at the same time.
Press Attack 2 to create microbot helpers that pack a punch.
Press Attack 2 to create beserk microbot helpers that will explode and electrocute enemies when they expire.
Press Attack 2 to summon a sparking gear bike and dash forward.
Press Attack 2 to summon your gear bike and dash. Post-dash, the gears will stay with you as a shield.
Press Attack to create proximity mines.
Press Attack 2 to create four mines. When triggered, mines will explode twice in quick succession.
The default color schemes for Tech Imaginators are Grease Monkey, Steam Engine, Power Tool, Gear Head, Wind Up, Pale Steel and Oil Change. Tech Creation Crystals unlock the Tech Adventurer Set of Imaginator parts, featuring the Rockets head, Adventurer's Arms, Dustered Chest, the Electrons aura and the Rocket Man's Ridge headgear.
Tech Elemental Characters
Tech Elemental Items
| Tech Traps
|Tech Creation Crystals|
| Barrel Blaster
|Cluck's Sky Scrambler|
|Glumshanks' Steam Roller|
| Gold Rusher
Battlecast Spell Cards
Tech Spells in Battlecast mostly revolve around Gear and energy, but with attacking moves using several conditions for their best results.
The team spell for this element is the Mech of Tech, a giant mech suit that increases power and health to every Tech character on the team.
|Cog of War - Gear||Short Circuit||Skylithium Surge|
|Mobile Generator - Relic||Arkeyan Battle Armor - Gear||Sabotage|
|Copycat||Starting From Scrap||Call to Arms|
|Forcefield Generator - Relic||Surprise-A-Tech||Warly Birds|
|The Double-izer - Gear||Mech of Tech|
- Every Tech Skylander uses weapons, inlcuding those who have one as part of their bodies or armor.
- In Skylanders: Giants, the music from Goo Factory plays in the Tech elemental zones.
- Tech has currently nine robotic Skylanders: Drill Sergeant, Bouncer, Wind-Up, Magna Charge, Spy Rise, Gearshift, Jawbreaker, High Volt and Ro-Bow. Out of these nine, only Bouncer, Drill Sergeant, and Magna Charge have wheels instead of feet. In addition, Wind-Up, Spy Rise, Gearshift and High Volt don't possess robotic voices when they talk.
- In Giants, whenever a Tech Skylander gets close to some Sheep, the sheep will start following it.
- None of the Tech and Air Villains' quests are mini games.
- This element has more Troll villains than any other element. Coincidentally, they are also the only Troll villains who pilot vehicles (with exception of the fire villain, Smoke Scream).
- It is the only element to have two villains in Trap Team in adventure packs (Trolling Thunder and Mab Lobs).
- The Warly Birds bear a resemblance to the Angry Birds as well as the Buzzer Beaks.
- Out of the first eight elements, Tech has the lowest amount of female Skylanders (Sprocket and Gearshift).