|This article is also viewed at the Spyro Wiki.|
Although the element of Tech was around long before the Arkeyans 10,000 years ago, it was this ancient civilization who perfected the use of technical machinery beyond any other. The Arkeyans spent thousands of years honing their technical skills, coming up with everything from terrifying weapons of war to newfangled ways of quickly cooking their lunches. Their mighty machines have never been better, proving beyond all doubt that they were the ultimate Tech masterminds.
The Golden Gear lies at the heart of the universe. It is the intricate clockwork of the world. The Golden Gear drives everything that is Tech, but can only function when oiled with green primordial goo. The Gear is the very essence of the Tech power in Skylands, and like other Elemental sources, dates back hundreds of thousands of years.
Green Goo of Primordia
Also known as Green Primordial Goo, it is grease made from the fossilized Explodasaurs, and contains unimaginable power. Aside from powering the Golden Gear, it can also vastly improve technology that uses it, like the Trolls' weapons after they secured factories of it.
The Skylanders who possess the Tech element are associated with using advanced or unusual techonology as their weapons. They have an advantage against Skylanders and enemies who wield the element of Magic, but are weak against Earth Skylanders in the Battle Arena. When they form a bridge, they bring a platform of machinery towards them and tiles form onto the platform to make a bridge.
Tech-based Skylanders also stand on a pedestal that consists of a pile of silver gears when they're in their toy form.
Tech Elemental Characters
- Drill Sergeant
- Tread Head
- Trigger Happy
Tech Elemental Items
- Automatic Angel
- Factory Flower
- Grabbing Gadget
- Makers Mana
- Tech Totem
- Topsy Techy
- Every Tech Skylander uses weapons, inlcuding those who have one as part of their bodies or armor.
- In Skylanders: Giants, the music from Goo Factory plays in the Tech elemental zones.
- Tech has currently eight robotic Skylanders: Drill Sergeant, Bouncer, Wind-Up, Magna Charge, Spy Rise, Gearshift, Jawbreaker, and High Volt. Out of these eight, only Bouncer, Drill Sergeant, and Magna Charge have wheels instead of feet. In addition, Wind-Up, Spy Rise, Gearshift and High Volt don't possess robotic voices when they talk.
- In Giants, whenever a Tech Skylander gets close to some Sheep, the sheep will start following it.
- None of the Tech and Air Villains' quests are mini games.
- This element has more Troll villains than any other element. Coincidentally, they are also the only Troll villains who pilot vehicles (with exception of the fire villain, Smoke Scream).
- It is the only element to have two villains in Trap Team in adventure packs (Trolling Thunder and Mab Lobs).