- “In a League of My Own!”
- —Tidepool's official catchphrase
Tidepool is a humanoid blue-skinned creature with seaweed hair and spots on her face. She wears a black helmet and large matching footwear and arm guards, as well as chainmail made of fish scales and a black chestplate with the signature Sensei gold belt, and lastly, a tasset made of large shells. Her weapons, the Tidepool Pistols, are fashioned out of striped blue cephalopods.
Long before she became a Sensei, Tidepool was an undercover agent for a top secret organization known as the Aqua Marines. However, one day she was betrayed by her superiors, who were part of an even more top secret organization intent on destroying Skylands. Using her spy training, Tidepool made it her personal mission to seek out every member of this evil shadow group and bring them to justice. This did not go unnoticed by Master Eon, who felt that someone of her caliber would be perfect to train new Skylanders as a Sensei of the Quickshot class. However, Tidepool was not easily convinced that she could even trust Eon and the Skylanders after being deceived by her last organization. To earn her trust, she requested that everyone pass a truth test that she would conduct. Thankfully, all of the members of the Skylanders Academy passed with flying colors... except for Flynn, who insisted that he was 50% Mabu and 50% enchilada sauce. Tidepool felt that he was 100% meathead.
- Health: ??? (max. 0)
- Speed: ?? (max. 48)
- Armor: ?? (max. 30)
- Critical Hit: ?? (max. 50)
- Elemental Power: ?? (max. 50)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 200
- Defense: 200
- Agility: 340
- Luck: 210
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
Requires unlocking from the
Quickshooter Sensei Shrine
|Squid Pistols||Squid Toss||
Emergency Shell-met Defense
Water you waiting for?
Hold Attack 2 to enter a defensive Shell-met mode! While in Shell-met, press Attack 1 to charge forward!
|Whale Tale||Spin Shot||Blinding Ink||Whale Breach|
Press Attack 3 to summon a Whale Tale attack!
Hold Attack 1 in the air for a spinning shoot attack. Try it from high heights!
Squid Pistols bullets blind enemies, wich slows them down and can sometimes cause them to miss attacks!
Whale Tale ends with a spectacular Whale Breach!
|Aqua Marine Raider|
|I'll ink to that||Inking Big||Squid Pistol Kata|
Squid Pistols cause damage over time!
Hold Attack 1 for a huge big ink blob shot!
After an Inking Big shot, press Attack 1 three times for Squid Pistol Kata.
|Squid Squabble||Three's a pod!||Deep end|
Squids from Squid Toss attack MUCH more frequently!
Whale Tale gets some more whale friends for a wider attack that does more damage!
Create a powerful whirlpool when using Whale Tale!
- "In a League of my Own!"
- "The name is Tidepool, and along with my own unique set of skills, I offer training to all Imaginators." - Sensei Training Bonus
- "And for those fortunate enough to be a Quickshot such as myself, I can show you a Secret Technique that is really quite brilliant." - Secret Technique quote
- "Bang a gong." - ringing a Battle Gong
- "I shall make this quick!" - Before a battle
- "I must warn you: I'm well trained."
- "Hope I'm not late for the party." - opening a gate
- "Attacking me? How bold."
- "Over so soon? Things were just getting interesting." - After a battle
- "I spy with my little eye a sudden lack of enemies!"
- "Pity they couldn't stick around any longer."
- "More of a grand entrance than I'm used to making, but it'll do."
- "A smashing success!"
- "Well done!"
- "Squid kick!"
- "Whale Tale!" - Quickshot Sensei Shrine
- "Well it's about time, isn't it?" - level up
- "Suppose I've been promoted." - level up
- "I think I can make these numbers work." - checking stats
- "Provided you are satisfied with my credentials, let's get to work!"
- "Watch this!" - Sky-chi - Water You Waiting For?
- "That certainly was fun - for me, I mean." - After Shy-chi
- Tidepool's name refers to the bodies of water formed by sea tides, as well as a possible reference to Deadpool, the notorious marksman and the Merc with the Mouth of the Marvel universe.
- Tidepool's super spy motif, combined with her British accent is very likely a direct reference to James Bond.
- Tidepool bears resemblance to Bayonetta, both being British women who dual wield guns.
- Her pistols can be obtained for Imaginators by opening the Quickshot Shrine in Sky Fortress. She also grants her shell helmet when first placed on the portal.
- Her whale companions share the same character model as the dream whale floating around the outside Telescope Towers in Skylanders: Trap Team.
- She is the second Water Skylander to use ink-based attacks whereas Wash Buckler is the first. Splat also uses ink, but a different kind.
- Whenever she pushes blocks or other movable objects, Tidepool pushes with her pistols, which usually leaves temporary ink stains on them.
- She is the only Water Sensei who is not a Brawler.
- Tidepool and Spy Rise both have a motivation as secret agents.
- Tidepool makes it her personal mission to seek out those who work for Kaos and bring them to justice, while Spy Rise makes it his to find the answers for his missing father.