- “You've got a few seconds to find a single key located in one of these many barrels. Impossible, right? Well it would be except that the enemies in this dungeon are special. You receive extra time for each and every one you take down!”
Time's A-Wastin' is a Heroic Challenge in Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure and Skylanders: Giants. It is unlocked by Sonic Boom in Spyro's Adventure. It uses a map similar in design to Cadaverous Crypt and requires the Skylander to open a gate with a key in under fifteen seconds, but more time can be earned by defeating enemies.
There are barrels sprinkled about the map, and a single barrel is chosen at random to hold a key to the gate at the very end of the map. The location of the key is unknown until the correct barrel is destroyed. Once the key is found, all other barrels may be ignored to save time for running to the gate.
Each unique enemy has its own set value of seconds to reward to the Skylander upon its defeat. Larger enemies typically reward larger amounts of time.
- Shadow Knights (+10, +5, or +3 seconds)
- Unnamed Suits of Armor (+2 seconds each)
- Bone 'n' Arrows (+3 or +5 seconds)
- Undead Spell Punks (+5 seconds each)
- The act of opening the gate itself takes exactly three seconds. Opening the gate too late, even if the gate is opened successfully, will result in failure.