|Appears in:|| Skylanders: Giants |
Skylanders: Swap Force
Skylanders: Trap Team
Skylanders Issue 8
|Cameos:||Skylanders Issue 0|
|Attacks/Actions:|| Arbor Smash |
Big Thorn Shockwave Slam
|English Voice Actor:|| Kevin Michael Richardson|
Tom Kenny (commercials)
|First Release:||Skylanders: Giants|
- “Be Afraid of the Bark!”
- —Tree Rex's official catchphrase
Tree Rex is a natural protector who is as wise as he is majestice, unwavering in his mission to protect Skylands from evil magic.
Long ago before the Giants protected Skylands, Tree Rex was a majestic tree living peacefully in the ancient woods. But this tranquil peace came to an end when the Arkeyans built a nearby factory to produce war machines. After years of his soil being poisoned by the magic and tech waste from the factory, he mutated into who he is now - a powerful Giant who will crush anything that threatens the natural order of things.
Long ago before the first Giant had set foot on Skylands, there stood a tall, towering tree. It loomed above the other trees in the forest and shielded the creatures below with its mighty branches. When the Arkeyans built a factory at the edge of the forest, little did they know it would ultimately spell their doom. Magic leaked from the factory, poisoning the soil over hundreds of years. Slowly, bit by bit, that tallest tree began to mutate. Its branches became arms, its trunk became a body and its roots formed into a particularly massive pair of legs. Tree Rex was born, and he wasn't happy. He immediately stomped the facotry flat, then set off to find out who had stuck it there in the first place so he could stomp them flat too. Tree Rex believes there is a natural order to all things, and anyone who threatens that order had better prepare for a squishing.
Skylanders Issue #0When Hugo called for any available Skylander teams to help Stealth Elf, Pop Fizz and Wash Buckler against an army of trolls, Gill Grunt's team, which consisted of Star Strike and Tree Rex, were unable to help as they were busy evacuating the inhabitants of Stonetown from a flood released from a cracked dam. Tree Rex was holding back a stone slab to keep the rushing waters at bay, while ushering his two companions to hurry before it gives way.
Skylanders Issue #8
|WARNING: This section contains spoilers below! (Skip section)|
When Malefor was on his way to attack the Skylanders Academy, Tree Rex, the Giants and other Skylanders were summoned to stop the evil dragon. The Giants managed to grab hold of the Malefor's tail to hold him down, but were caught off guard when the mechanical tail was also made as a weapon. In the end, all forty Skylanders, including the Giants, were defeated in a single blow by Malefor's tail spike, allowing the evil dragon to absorb their powers to make himself more powerful.
|Spoilers end here.|
Tree Rex can smash his arm against the ground to crush enemies. When upgraded further, he can make his arm spikey. He can also charge at enemies and crush enemies with his elbow and shoot beams at opponents.
- Health: 430 (max. 860)
- Speed: 20 (max. 68)
- Armor: 24 (max. 54)
- Critical Hit: 40 (max. 90)
- Elemental Power: 25 (max. 75)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 140
- Defense: 130
- Agility: 55
- Luck: 55
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
| Soul Gem Ability|
Requires Soul Gem from:
|Shockwave Slam||Sequoia Stampede||Woodpecker Pal|
|Big Thorn Shockwave Slam||Photosynthesis Cannon||Super Stampede||Treefolk Tripleshot|
Provides more upgrades for Sequoia Stampede attacks.
|Titanic Elbow Drop||Lightfooted||Ultimate Stampede|
Provides more upgrades for the Photosynthesis Cannon.
|Super-Charged Vaporizer||Sun Skewer||The Pod Maker|
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- Tree Branch of Reckoning (Primary Attack): Press (Y) to smash all nearby enemies with your fist.
- Treefolk Tripleshot (Secondary Attack): Press (X) to fire off three bursts of the energy.
- Big Thorn Hammerfist (requires level: 3): Hold (Y) to charge up a Giant Hammerfist, then release to strike down and send enemies flying. Charged attacks deal more damage to a larger area.
- Life Laser (requires level: 6): Hold (X) to charge up the Life Laser. This beam pierces through all enemies in its path, dealing a large amount of damage.
- Wilderness Stampede (requires level: 9): Press (Y) while sprinting (A) to do a powerful Elbow Drop! Tree Rex can also sprint for a longer time.
- "Be Afraid of the Bark!"
- "Bouncy bouncy!"
- "Oh yeah!"
- "Spring time!"
- "All right!"
- "Come get some!"
- "All bark and all bite!"
- "No stopping me!"
- "Took you to the wood shed!
- "That's what I'm talking about!"
- "You got tree wrecked!"
- "Coming through!"
- "Bring it on!"
- "Giants rule!"
- "Back to my roots!" - when in Elemental Zone
- "Branchin' out!" - when checking stats
- "My power has grown!" - when checking stats
- "Now that's a tree top!" - when given a hat
- "Yeah, lookin' pretty good!" - when given a hat
- "Now that has a nice ring to it!" - when given a nickname
- "A tree by any other name!" - when given a nickname
- "I've got this! Take a seat furball." Obey Commercial
- "I'm a Giant, booyah."
- "You don't believe in unicorns do you?"
- Tree Rex's name is a pun on the giant dinosaur, T. rex, also known as Tyrannosaurus rex.
- Tree Rex is voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson who voices Bulkhead from Transformers Prime and Shredder from the 2012 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Dark Laser from The FairlyOdd Parents.
- Stump Smash is also voiced by Richardson. Coincidentally, both Skylanders are Ents snd of the Life element..
- Despite the rumours, counting his rings will not tell you Tree Rex's age.
- His official catchphrase is similar to one of Hex's phrases, "Fear the Dark!", Fright Rider's "Fear the Spear!", and Gill Grunt's "Fear the Fish!".
- His catchphrase is also a pun on "Be Afraid of the Dark!".
- Tree Rex was the first Giant revealed for Skylanders: Giants.
- One of his battle cries, Bouncy Bouncy! is the name of one of Eye-Brawl's upgrades.
- He and Cynder are the only Skylanders to have an ally follow them continuously. Ironically, these are both unlocked by Soul Gems and both Skylanders are included with the Starter Pack for Giants.
- He, Thumpback, Eye-Brawl, and Ninjini are the only Giants who have sidekicks.
- His name was first used for 3DS versions of Stump Demons.
- Early gameplay photos show Tree Rex's eyes as green, but in concept art and the final version they are blue.
- In Giants and Trap Team, Tree Rex is able to wipe out surrounding enemies with his Big Thorn Shockwave Slam. However in Swap Force, it can only attack enemies in front of him.
- Tree Rex's attacks all use his right arm (except for his soul gem).
- There is a glitch in the Wii version of SWAP Force where his Woodpecker Pal will sometimes not appear. Thus, when making his Soul Gem upgrade useless whenever this occurs.