Uncle Merle's is a restaurant in the Skylanders Academy television series. Here, they sell their trademark food, Lizard Gizzards. It is a popular meeting place for both the villains and heroes of the show. In Season 2, it was rebranded as Yum Yum Fun Burger.
Like Campus Town, the same building is used for a variety of purposes despite being the same assets with a sign change; and in various episodes, it is an unnamed high end restaurant that Chef Pepper Jack sometimes works at.
In My Way or the Sky Way, Kaos worked at Uncle Merle's as their Lizard Gizzard mascot for a short while. Though his spell to put Mabu in a trance using a sign attracted customers to it, Kaos left his post to infiltrate Skylanders Academy with it, and was fired soon after. Unaware of the situation, Master Eon and Jet-Vac meet up in the diner to discuss the latter's attitude.
- Gizzards are digestive organs that assist with grinding food, found in reptilians such as alligators and crocodiles, as well as other animals such as birds. The word is also commonly used to refer generically to animal organs.
- However, in real life, bird gizzards are used in cuisine instead. The specific usage of lizard gizzards might be a reference to the rock band King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard.
- According to Glumshanks, the gizzards were once used as peasant food.
- Though Master Eon never specifies his problem with Uncle Merle's, he leaves it after talking to Jet-Vac and vows to never return, without touching his food.
- Yum Yum Fun Burger is a parody of kid-oriented hamburger fast food chains.