Undead is one of the ten elements in the Skylanders series. Despite its dark origins, the Undead Element is a vital part of the Core of Light. It combines with the other Elements in some unusual, and unexpected, ways. This element is associated with shades of gray, white, pure black and occasionally thistle, grayish blue and deep purple.
Many creatures, including the Skylanders, have been changed forever as a result of visiting the Underworld. Some have found their very souls twisted beyond recognition. Others, such as Cynder, simply like hanging out in graveyards. But all have it within themselves to use their Undead abilities for good. The Undead Element inhabits the darkest corners of Skylands, lurking in the shadows, ready to pounce - and then serve up a lovely snack or tell a terrible joke.
The Skylanders who are associated with the Undead element are mostly creatures who hail from the Underworld such as skeletons or ghouls and living creatures who have been corrupted by the element. They use the power of the undead and spooky magic, as well as some abilities relating to poison and contagion, to aid them in battle. When forming a bridge to access their Elemental Gates, Undead Skylanders create a bridge that are formed from the bones of their fallen enemies.
Undead-based Skylanders also stand on a pedestal that resembles a white skull when they're in their toy form. The white skull on the pedestal is known to glow in the dark on most figures. SuperChargers, on the other hand, stand on a pedestal of bones that do not glow in the dark.
In Skylanders: Trap Team 's turret challenges, Undead Skylanders have the special ability Spectre Swarm, which gradually damages enemies in an area. In Kaos Doom Challenge, they can summon skeletal hands as their towers, which throw flaming skulls at enemies and slam the ground while recharging.
In Skylanders: SuperChargers, Undead-aligned Portal Master Powers include summoning a flaming skull minion that attacks enemies for you and reduce the attack damage of enemies with an enervating curse. Those are distributed in several conditions, and the names are as follows:
- Skeletal Subject
- Enervating Entrance
- Enervating Strike
- Curse of Undeath
- Necromantic Desperation
Undead Imaginators can choose from four abilities as their secondary attack:
|Undead Elemental Imaginator Powers|
The first two of these powers are unlocked at the start of the game, the other two are unlocked by leveling up your Imaginator.
Mastered Tombstone Timber
Mastered Last Laugh
Mastered Soul Stealer
Press Attack 2 to release a contagion that spreads around your enemies.
The default color schemes for Undead Imaginators include Zombies' Ball, Ghastly Gargoyle, Grave Yard Smash, Stark Terror, Obsidian Graves, Morbid Decay and Soulless. Undead Creation Crystals unlock the Werewolf Set of Imaginator parts, featuring the Wolf Head, Wolf Chest, Wolf Legs, Wolf Arms and Wolf Ears.
Undead Elemental Characters
Undead Elemental Items
| Undead Traps
|Undead Creation Crystals|
|Count Moneybone's Spirit Dragster|
|Wolfgang's Sub Woofer|
Battlecast Spell Cards
The Undead Element in Battlecast revolves around draining enemy health, xp and power, with abilities pertaining to allies being powerful but at great costs or risks.
The scrapped team spell for Undead characters is the Dirge of Undead, a haunting song in which the active character can drain the enemy's life force for each Undead character in the team, acting as a cheaper and inverted Slice of Life.
|Boo!||Forgotten Headstone - Relic||Lights Out|
|Vanishing Cloak - Gear||Weaken||Bat Attack|
|Slice of Life||Touch of Darkness||Graveyard Grudge Match|
|Vampiric Vial - Relic||Leeching Mist||Soul Survivor|
|Restless Spirit||Dirge of Undead|
- Both Fright Rider and Eye-Brawl are Skylanders composed of two creatures in a symbiotic relationship with one another (Eye-Brawl with the flying eyeball and the headless giant, and Fright Rider by Rider and his skeletal ostrich, Fright).
- Oddly enough, the two of them are the Undead Skylanders introduced in Skylanders: Giants.
- In Skylanders: Giants and Skylanders: Trap Team, the music from Cadaverous Crypt plays in the Undead elemental zones, and in Skylanders: SuperChargers, a different remix of it plays in Vehicle Zones.
- This and Water are the only elements to contain one Legendary LightCore figure in each.
- This element has three elves (Hex, Rider, and Hijinx), seven skeletal creatures (Ghost Roaster, Chop Chop, Fright, Funny Bone, Krypt King, Fiesta, and Bone Chompy), three vampires (Roller Brawl, Night Shift and Bat Spin), two reapers (Grim Creeper and Hood Sickle) and two snakes (Rattle Shake and Pit Boss).
- This element currently holds the highest amount of female Skylanders.
- Undead is the element with the most Skylanders: Lost Islands exclusive variants, with five.
- It is also the only element to have more female Lost Islands exclusive variants than male.
- It has more female Lost Islands exclusive variants than the other elements combined.
- This was the last of the original eight elements to get a non-Legendary variant.
- Strangely enough, it currently has the highest amount of Legendaries.
- This was the only element in Skylanders: Giants where none of its Skylanders received in-game variants.
- Before the Dark element was introduced, the Undead element was associated with characters with powers over shadows and dark, mysterious locations. In Battlecast, some Undead spells are also associated with it despite the existence of the Dark element, such as Touch of Darkness.
- Undead was also associated with dark or grayish shades of purple colors before the introduction of Dark.
- One of the Undead villains, Hood Sickle, later became a Dark elemental sensei in Skylanders: Imaginators.
- Undead creatures are collectively refered to as "ghouls" in most media, though the namesake species exists as seen with Ghost Roaster and Chopscotch.
- All Undead characters introduced in Imaginators have variants.
- Undead Imaginators can perform Soul Stealer on training dummies and create health orbs to replenish their health meters.