About my Category...
What's wrong with the category of Flying Skylanders? The Skylanders I put in the category actualy DO fly. Is there a certain reason, or are you just being mean? User:AdamGregory03
oh god I have no idea how to use this. I already messed up before and deleted it but I'll try again. Grats on 5.2k edits xD -FireOfExile
- Thanks, but next time, use the Leave Message at the top of the Talk Page, and the message afterwards will show you how to leave your signature (your name). And also add the title of the section you are sending your message to me of. -- Aura24 (talk) 05:39, November 26, 2012 (UTC)
Is this right?
- Yep, that's correct. -- Aura24 (talk) 05:44, November 26, 2012 (UTC)
- Yay! And to respond I just press edit on this section and type a message? Fireofexile (talk) 05:46, November 26, 2012 (UTC)
Why is there no section for the Wow Pow powers for each character?
Sizzle 19:44, November 26, 2012 (UTC)Pandamonium1234
Treasure Chests and More
I'm playing through the game again so I can reset all of my Skylanders and upgrade them to see which path I should use. While I'm doing this I'm adding to the wiki pages for each level. Should I include info on how to find treasure chests, hats, and other stuffs? Fireofexile (talk) 00:13, November 28, 2012 (UTC)
- You can. -- Aura24 (talk) 00:38, November 28, 2012 (UTC)
- Okay, I'm going to finish Time of the Giants in a bit with the information I have.
- Finished :D Can you check it out and see if it's okay? I tried to look at Shattered Island's format so I could set it up similarly to that
- Okay, I'm going to finish Time of the Giants in a bit with the information I have.
this wiki could use a favicon. I'd be happy to help make one, or edit one and add a wikia "w" to the favicons from the giants or spyros universe website. File:DoomslicerSig..png Quod may Minae sceptrum confuto! 05:09, November 28, 2012 (UTC)
- Yes this wikia could use a Favicon, of course it has to represent Skylanders in general. You're free to suggest a picture of one. -- Aura24 (talk) 07:43, November 28, 2012 (UTC)
- Well, here's a pic of the skylanders giants website favicon. Many wikis use an altered version of official favicons, generally adding the wikia "w":
- Or maybe we could do a custom sprite of a portal.
- Hm, a custom sprite of the Portal would be nice. -- Aura24 (talk) 08:47, November 28, 2012 (UTC)
It isn't the greatest, but it makes a fair rough draft:Talk Page File:Doomslicer.png Quod may Minae sceptrum confuto! 01:06, December 3, 2012 (UTC)
- I had to convert the file to an ico. file. I've uploaded to the wikia, it will take a while for it to appear on the wiki. -- Aura24 (talk) 01:18, December 3, 2012 (UTC)
- it's just a rough draft, here's a different one made with a different editing program Talk Page File:Doomslicer.png Quod may Minae sceptrum confuto! 01:24, December 3, 2012 (UTC)
Yo! The Real Sthomas here!
I just recived (i think i spelled that wrong) an auto message from you.
Im sorry that i put some of the enemies`s names wrong. The reason is that i have the Finnish writted and dubbed versions of Skylanders: Spyro`s Adventure and of Skylanders: Giants. So thats why i cant be sure of the english names.SkylanderFanFromFinland (talk) 06:08, December 2, 2012 (UTC)
Cloud Patrol "Reset"
Hey, good news. My Cloud Patrol got "reset" yesterday :D I figured out that my saved data for Cloud Patrol was synced with my Activate account. So now if I log into it again I'll have my saved data back, and logging out will let me have the data synced with my iPad.
If you don't have Cloud Patrol you probably have no idea what I'm talking about. But the reason this is good is because when I sign out of Activate I can find more info about upgrades and such because I'm pretty much starting from scratch so I can see prices for the things I already bought on my Activate.
Thanks so much for telling people that every ginats has their symbol on them!
A certain user has been smapping up a bit and creating advertising pages. I've cleared most of his work (also on the shattered sigil page when i put in the description "spam..." i mean trying to undo his spam). but i need an admin to delete some of his pages, so if you could kindly rollback him or delete his pages, that'd be nice. Also, could he be blocked? It's getting annoying. Here's a link to his page: http://skylanders.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/188.8.131.52
Talk Page Quod may Minae sceptrum confuto! 02:47, January 7, 2013 (UTC)
EDIT: Sorry didn;t see you ahd deleted those pages. Also, could you block http://skylanders.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/184.108.40.206 as well? Talk Page Quod may Minae sceptrum confuto! 02:48, January 7, 2013 (UTC)
Hello this is user Gamebrain1. I realy like Giants so I started editing the pages of their special forms. For example scarlet ninjini. Anyway since I am new to this wiki and to skylanders please leave a message on my talk page telling me if I am doing a good job or if I am not.
Hey there, I know I am new here, but I had a suggestion of a possible future random quote/phrase
- "Probably petting a unicorn at the end of a rainbow"
- —Slam Bam in "Tall Tales"
It's random, funny, and.......funny :)
Hello! Thanks for the welcome! Started playing Skylanders about a month ago and I love it! Editing for this website is a pleasure!
Heey again.. SWAP Force discussion
U know that category, Swap Force Skylanders? Yeah, well... You don't have all the ones we know under that category. Could you put them under it, or make me an admin to fix this issue
Hi this is Gamebrain1 please add a list of the new hats of giants in the hats page and how to obtain them because I really want the shocase hat and I dont know were to find it. Thank you very much!
Sorry about the photo
Authenticity Issues with new pages
Aura- I have noticed someone creating a duplicate page for skylanders side kicks and a page named 'Skylanders Do this' which is causing concern for me as I am unsure of it's authenticity and whether or not it is fake or not but it seems as though both were created by the same person... just thought I'd let you know so you could check it out StealthElfFan01 (talk) 19:34, February 27, 2013 (UTC)
Hi Aura- I noticed the Flashwing page has been damaged in the sense it no longer has the art for both normal form and jade as someone has tried to add the jade art but it has removed the originaol art. StealthElfFan01 (talk) 20:11, March 7, 2013 (UTC)
- You can always revert the changes a user caused to the pages if this problem happens. -- Aura24 (talk) 23:23, March 7, 2013 (UTC)
- How do I revert the changes, still not an expert on all the functions sorry StealthElfFan01 (talk) 22:20, March 8, 2013 (UTC)
- Go to History on the Edit tab, there you can see the changes made by each user. If a change by a certain user has caused a problem on the page, you can go to the page history before that very change and undo it by clicking and publishing the entry before the problem change. If the problematic change on the article is the latest, you can simply revert the change clicking the Undo button. -- 23:56, March 8, 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you for the guidance- I'll use this the future to help the site where I can :) StealthElfFan01 (talk) 17:06, March 9, 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry to disturb you! New problem with user Daniel Vigiliante or something- creating duplicate pages! StealthElfFan01 (talk) 17:11, March 9, 2013 (UTC)
Need help adding headings
Hi how would I add a new heading to a Skylander page as I noticed Boomer has no commerical quotes listed and I'm going through as many trailers as possible at the moment and adding quotes- instructions on how to do so would be appreciated, thank you StealthElfFan01 (talk) 19:48, March 9, 2013 (UTC)
- Enough with the caps please. Sorry, but I think you're old enough to know you don't have to put caps in every sentence.
- Anyway, there is the Heading button in the Editing section and you'll see which type of Header there is. Each new section is under Heading 3. -- Aura24 (talk) 19:58, March 9, 2013 (UTC)
Manual of style location?
Hi, where can I find the manual of style? I searched it up and can't seem to find it- sorry if I caused any trouble by the way, fairly new to the whole editing business StealthElfFan01 (talk) 20:41, March 9, 2013 (UTC)
- It's on the Main Page. -- Aura24 (talk) 20:42, March 9, 2013 (UTC)
Chat wasn't working sorry
Lots to say- be prepared
Okay- as I typed before the chat decided to corrupt itself.
I can see why your job would be stressful and may seem to go on endlessly and be a repetitive process and I sympathize with you for that.
However everyone has to start somewhere- even the kids. It's not the easiest thing to grasp the hang of- especially not being able to find the rules half the time (Don't worry I managed in the end). All children seek to become part of an adult world and that is something to take into account and I plan on making a wikia for kids to add whatever they like to in the future based on any game they like if that's even possible.
I am very very sorry for all the problems I caused and I'm sorry if it's taking up your time but I'm trying. I'm not going to leave because A) Like I say I'm a perfectionist and will not give up until I get the hang of this and B) I couldn't find the account deletion button.
To sum up- sorry for all my problems- I hope you forgive me and I will try to edit as little as possible.
- No you weren't causing problems, I was the one lashing out due to my stress. And you're right, we all have to start somewhere. For future reference, you can look at the other pages in Source mode for example on how to add templates or headers. -- Aura24 (talk) 22:13, March 9, 2013 (UTC)
- Okay- I will definitely do that so I can avoid causing any mishaps and try to make your job less stressful. I also found some sources for good pictures while chat refused to send my messages so:
(^) Good quality various pictures of giants
- http://img.youtube.com/vi/BBpZZ4fOFLo/0.jpg <--- picture of evil eruptor (It is my new self decided mission to try and get some more pictures of the evil minions)
Now goodnight- I'll start my mission of getting to be a top editor done tomorrow- off to watch a late night horror film with the family, speak to you soon.... thanks for putting up with me once again :) StealthElfFan01 (talk) 22:23, March 9, 2013 (UTC)
The background is A little uneven id recommend fixing it, since only one bordor can be seen.
Monobook skin & spaces
Hi Aura. Not trying to edit war with you, it's just that I really hate it when people add spaces because "it helps seeing the editing window"; it's the simple fact people are gonna come here to see the articles, not the editing window. That's my problem with spaces. Anyways, I'm one of the few monobook skin users out there, and this wiki has absolutely no support for the monobook skin. I know you probably don't know how to make a good theme, so for people who don't, there's a wiki out there called Monobook Wiki that makes monobook themes by request; no fees! It's really bothering for your rare monobook skin users who come on this wiki and see everything white + a generic "Wikia" logo for the wiki. If you would like to know how to change it, the File:Wiki.png controls the logo for the monobook skin; you might wanna protect it too since it controls the interface logo. (Also, please do not call me "Club", please call me Chloe.) — Clubchloe1 18:31, March 22, 2013 (UTC)
- Well since you are using Monobook look, this makes editing more complicated with users who use the current Wiki layout. This wiki doesn't support the Monobook layout. The only user who complained about this "issue" is, so far, only you. -- Aura24 (talk) 18:42, March 22, 2013 (UTC)
- Really?! Here's a list of things that is wrong with that crappy Wikia skin:
- Content doesn't stretch across the whole page (thanks to those stupid modules)
- Wiki activity exists (does not in the Monobook skin)
- The banner at the top of the page (it makes users want to join Wikia than anything else)
- See what I'm saying? Here's the advantages to the monobook skin:
- Content stretches across the whole page
- Tabs, which makes it much easier to navigate pages that relate to that page.
- NO VISUAL EDITOR!! (I hate it; reason can be found here)
- Of course, any wikifeature enabled (except for chat, but who on the wiki uses it anyways?!) will also work on the monobook skin.
- So after those advantages, I'm not using the Wikia skin. It's not hard to request a theme at the monobook wiki; they make it in about a few days, then they give you the code and you can copy and paste it into MediaWiki:Monobook.css. And please, wikicode is very easy to learn; once you learn it it stays with you. —Clubchloe1 18:55, March 22, 2013 (UTC)
- Ugh... if you're going to go on with this, take it elsewhere. This wiki supports the Wikia layout. -- Aura24 (talk) 19:02, March 22, 2013 (UTC)
Grammar on section names & page titles
Please know that writing stuff Like This isn't proper grammar. It doesn't matter if it's a section name or a page name. It's not proper grammar to write stuff Like This. It's not a name or a proper noun. —Clubchloe1 21:47, March 22, 2013 (UTC)
- It's the section title, not a sentence. I'm not going to repeat myself. And I'm getting pretty annoyed with your snarky remarks such as this "Writing stuff Like This isn't proper grammar nor does it make you look smarter". You need to learn your place, otherwise you'll have a hard time here. -- Aura24 (talk) 18:38, March 24, 2013 (UTC)
Deletion of a page
Where do you get these Skylanders promo artwork?
- From the SkylandersGame Facebook page. -- Aura24 (talk) 18:06, March 24, 2013 (UTC)
Hi there. I actually have created the account one month ago, then when I had tried to edit, seems had appeared I couldn't edit the page, then I thought I couldn't do anything and did nothing after that. Then just today when I came to the Wiki, I had tried again, and that time worked. Then I did edits with some Skylanders some users didn't had made yet. I will ask you if I need some help to edit the profile, I appreciate your disposal to help me and for the page. That's all for now.ThiagoLWiki (talk) 18:29, March 27, 2013 (UTC)ThiagoLWiki
- When you first join Wikia, you have to make 10 edits before you can edit on the articles. Usually you start by editing on your talk page, or whatever. But welcome to the Skylanders Wiki, we need all the help we can get. -- Aura24 (talk) 18:34, March 27, 2013 (UTC)
- Didn't you say the same thing about this over in the Spyro wiki? -- Aura24 (talk) 03:34, March 29, 2013 (UTC)
You know, I seem to be struggling to add more enemies (and their links) into the templates in the levels and vice versa (adding levels you encounter the enemies in the enemies' template). When I do not leave a space they turn out to be next to each other and not on separate lines. Then I try leaving a space between them and when I preview them in the template, they look fine, but when I preview the whole page, they are REALLY spaced out.
Additionally, I've noticed you're compaining about my 'ranting' and 'flaming' with collectible amounts in each chapter. It's not something I really wanted to say online, but let me say this - I get quite angry very easily, including with dumb mistakes. I do apologise for this, but it's something quite natural for me. I thought saying about the legendary treasure amounts was quite helpful, even if I DID seem quite angry.
Hi. Today I got Skylanders Giants for 3DS, but for my surprise, it came with my own language, rather than in English. Then I may not get the exact info for Upgrades, then I will edit with the best info I can get from it, then if another person gets the correct info, they are able to update it.That's all for now.ThiagoLWiki (talk) 01:05, April 4, 2013 (UTC)ThiagoLWiki
About Bash ...
Do you think it is worth mentioning in the trivia section of Bash that he bares characteristics similar to that of Anguiris from the Godzilla Franchise? He too rolls around, covered in spikes, a sort of spiked "frill", ectetera. You should look Anguirus up; I was just wondering whether or not he made an actual reference
Elements to enemies
Rattla has been adding elements to enemies, is that alright?
Hi i have been going on this wiki all the time to catch up on skylanders. I have worked on some pages alot and i was wondering if you could ever make me an admin. You dont have to say yes i just want to here what an admin bureaucrat would say.-DanielViglietti
A User Who Should Be Blocked
hi there is a user ExtremeSpyro who made a page called D.I.C.K.H.E.A.D. i think he should be blocked because kids could come on this wiki and it is inapropriate.
The Lost City of Arkus
Please can you rename the 'The Lost City of Arkus' page to 'Lost City of Arkus'? It is the proper name and broken links are appearing all over the wiki saying (and trying to take you to) 'Lost City of Arkus'. I tried renaming it myself, but it won't let me.
Please give me proof of that Bouncer colour-schemes picture I removed but you put back on? I have never seen it before, even on Skylanderscharacters.com and therefore I will not believe it's real until I GET PROOF.
- You seriously need to watch your tone, otherwise you might be in hot water again. Here is your proof, may I advise you to look at other official sources besides SkylanderCharacters.com: http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2012/09/skylanders-giants/-- Aura24 (talk) 17:56, April 22, 2013 (UTC)
- Look, I have warned you before about my quick-anger. It frustrates me that no-one else gets told off for it (some of this is on other wikis though).
- I can't seem to get on the website about the Bouncer photos but I'll accept it anyway :).
- Ninja of Nerf (talk) 19:49, April 22, 2013 (UTC)
- Also, thanks for dealing with the Lost City of Arkus situation - all you have to do is delete the old 'The Lost City of Arkus' page (it's easy to spot - I added the candidate for deletion template.
- Ninja of Nerf (talk) 20:06, April 22, 2013 (UTC)
- Ugh, the brackets messed up the link. Here is the right link: http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2012/09/skylanders-giants/ -- Aura24 (talk) 08:14, April 23, 2013 (UTC)
- Problem dealt with. -- Aura24 (talk) 01:17, May 4, 2013 (UTC)
We were interested in doing a little Skylanders Giants giveaway on the Wiki, and were wondering if it would be possible to enable blogs for a few days on the main page so people could easily see that the giveaway was happening. We're giving away a Scarlet Ninjini figure, so it's nothing too major, but any help getting the word out would be appreciated!
The Mystery of the 7th SWAP Force Skylander
- We don't know, please stop adding fan speculations until full details are revealed. -- Aura24 (talk) 00:42, May 16, 2013 (UTC)
So you're saying in Cynder's Heroic Challenge the zombies you need to find the heads of count as Rotting Robbies?
- They have the same character design, and Rotting Robbies were called zombies back in SSA. -- Aura24 (talk) 21:17, May 18, 2013 (UTC)