Water is present in all living things. Without it, few of the Elements would ever have come to exist. Water takes on many forms - a calm lake, a torrential rainfall, a furious typhoon — and Water Elementals come in just as wide a range of shapes and sizes. Vast areas of Skylands are covered in Water, and beneath the surface lie a whole host of undersea kingdoms. There are creatures living down there who haven't even found out that dry land exists, never mind set foot on it. From heroic protectors like the Gillmen to the monstrous fish like the Leviathan, Water supports and teems with all manners of life.
The Life element is strongest against Water. The grass, flowers, and plants that are part of Life suck Water through their roots to give them strength. Which is great for them, but not too handy for Water.
Characters who are associated with this element uses water to wash away their enemies. They also have the ability to swim through water to areas other characters, who don't wield the element of Water, can't reach. This ability however was excluded in Skylanders: Swap Force. Water-based characters and enemies have an advantage over Skylanders who wield the element of Fire in the Battle Arena.
Water-based Skylanders also stand on a pedestal of water when they're in their toy form.
In Skylanders: Trap Team's turret sections, Water Skylanders have the special ability Snowball Fight,which greatly damages a single enemy. In Kaos Doom Challenge, they can summon a water gun that can be upgraded to shoot damaging puddles of water and slow down enemies.
In Skylanders: SuperChargers, Water-aligned Portal Master Powers include a freezing ice trail and the ability to freeze enemies in place. Those are distributed in several conditions, and the names are as follows:
- Path of Frost
- Frosty Entrance
- Permafrost Strike
- Freezing Backlash
- Freezing Desperation
Water Elemental Characters
- Flip Wreck
- Gill Grunt
- Punk Shock
- Rip Tide
- Slam Bam
Water Elemental Items
- Aqua Axe
- Flood Flask
- Legendary Flood Flask
- Frost Helm
- Soaking Staff
- Tidal Tiki
- Wet Walter
Battlecast Spell Cards
Water Spells include healing, and also one of the few methods of removing status conditions. However, it's also a significant source of spells that cause them, being able to mute an entire team quickly.
The Water team spell is the Cascade of Water, a stream summoned by the characters that heals each ally the more Water characters the player has.
|Amulet of Healing - Gear||Snow Blind||Flash Flood|
|Healing Rain||Splish Splash||Douse|
|Everflowing Fountain - Relic||Kraken's Beak - Relic||Tangled Kelp|
|Waterfall||Ride the Wave||Tidal Wave|
|Ice Storm||Cascade of Water|
- Water-based Skylanders are one of the three elemental characters who do not build a bridge when opening their elemental gates, the others being Air and Fire. Instead, they are pulled through a swirling whirlpool of water in Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure and later stop a geyser in order to pass through in Skylanders: Giants.
- The Water Skylanders were able to swim in large bodies of water in Spyro's Adventure, and in certain Heroic Challenges in Giants. However due to the absence of the bodies of water in later games, the Water Skylanders no longer hold this feature.
- Slam Bam, Chill and Freeze Blade have powers relating to ice instead of water, and are part of this element as ice is frozen water.
- Lob-Star is the first, and currently the only, Water Skylander with steam-based powers.
- In Skylanders: Giants and Skylanders: Trap Team, the music from Leviathan Lagoon plays in the Water Elemental Zones.
- Zap, Wham-Shell, and Punk Shock are currently the only Water Skylanders with electrical powers.
- Coincidentally, all three come from royalty.
- This and Undead are the only elements to contain one Legendary LightCore figure in each.
- Water and Tech have the same two swapabilities, Climb and Speed, namely Wash Buckler, Spy Rise, Magna Charge and Freeze Blade.
- This and the Life element are the only elements to have two sidekicks before Trap Team.
- Also, they both have more Starter Pack Skylanders than any other element.
- Gill Grunt and Thumpback are currently the only Water Skylanders in the 3DS versions who can glide.
- Thumpback, Thumpling, and Flip Wreck are currently the only Water Skylanders who are cetaceans, in other words, marine mammals.
- The Water, Tech and Life elements have the most villains in Skylanders: Trap Team.
- Water is the element with the most Trap Master variants (Dark Snap Shot, Instant Snap Shot, Merry Snap Shot, and Winterfest Lob-Star).
- It is also the only element where both of its Trap Masters have in-game variants.
- The Water element is the element with the most Christmas variants (counting Skylanders: Lost Islands exclusive variants).
- It is also the only element to have Lost Islands exclusive Christmas variants.
- This element has the most Skylanders that are leaders of their respective teams.