|This article is about the character from the games. You may be looking for the character from the spin-off TV series.|
- “All Wound Up!”
- —Wind-Up's official catchphrase
Wind-Up is a wind-up toy who is one of the Tech core Skylanders in Skylanders: Swap Force. He is available in the Sheep Wreck Island Adventure pack. A single pack was offered at Gamestop in the US with pre-orders for Skylanders: Trap Team.
Wind-Up is always on time. Bursting with coiled-up energy, he's also always ready to spring into action.
Built in the enchanted workshop of a toymaker obsessed with time, Wind-Up was created to help keep his massive collection of complicated clocks working perfectly. But when the toymaker popped out of existence in a freak accident caused by putting hot cocoa in a cross-wired Arkeyan oven, Wind-Up found himself surrounded by an invading Cyclops platoon - with an eye towards claiming the toymaker's secrets for themselves. Using split-second timing, clockwork strategy, and his totally wound up energy, Wind-Up bravely sprang into action and handily defeated the Cyclops. He later joined the Skylanders to help swing the pendulum the other way in their fight against anything that threatens Skylands.
- Health: 250 (max. 500)
- Speed: 43 (max. 91)
- Armor: 12 (max. 42)
- Critical Hit: 4 (max. 54)
- Elemental Power: 25 (max. 75)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 90
- Defense: 130
- Agility: 70
- Luck: 40
|Several images are missing in Wind-Up's upgrade list. If you have the high quality images of their respective upgrades from the game of Skylanders, please add them in the links that are on the list.
NOTE: Do NOT upload the upgrade pictures from darkSpyro.net due to the site watermarks plastered on those pictures. If there are already watermarked upgrade images, please feel free to replace them with un-watermarked versions.
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
|Short Circuit||Wind Up!||
|Overcrank Stabilizer||Winding Weapon||Spring Shot||Power Pistons|
Press Attack 2 to rapidly fill the wind up meter. When full, press Attack 2 again to overcrank. During overcrank press Attack 1 to cause a large explosion that damages nearby enemies.
Press Attack 2 to wind up, dealing increased damage and pulling enemies in.
Press Attack 3 to shoot a spring shot that launches enemies into the air. Attacking launches enemies will deal automatic critical damage!
Press Attack 1 to deal increased punching damage.
|Cymbals||Crash Cymbals||Toy Gun|
Hold Attack 1 to charge a cymbal attack, release to attack all enemies in the way with a pair of cymbals.
Cymbal attacks do increased damage. An easy way to crash any party!
Hold Attack 3 to shoot rapid fire suction cup projectiles at enemies.
|Windup Punch||Auto Wind Up||Power Crank|
Hold Attack 1 to charge a boxing glove punch, release to deliver a massive punch to enemies.
Taking damage automatically adds to winding up.
Press Attack 2 rapidly to begin overcranking which now pulls enemies in and deals bonus damage.
Skylanders can use abilities depending on their level.
- 3DSpower1 (Primary Attack): 3DSpower1desc
- 3DSpower2 (Secondary Attack): 3DSpower2desc
- 3DSupgrade1 (requires level: 3DSupgrade1level): 3DSupgrade1desc
- 3DSupgrade2 (requires level: 3DSupgrade2level): 3DSupgrade2desc
- 3DSupgrade3 (requires level: 3DSupgrade3level): 3DSupgrade3desc
- "All Wound Up!"
- "Built to last!"
- "Spin it to win it!"
- "That grinds my gears!"
- "Springing to action!"
- "Crank it up!"
- "Firing at all cylinders!"
- "No more toying around!"
- "Ooh-ho-ho! Shiny things!"
- "A place to unwind!"
- "Winding through!"
- "Spring ahead!"
- "Ooh spare parts!"
- "High gear!"
- "Ho-ho! Tune-up!"
- "Ooh, lots of moving parts!" - When checking stats
- "Playing by the numbers!"
- "New assembly required!" - When given a hat
- "Nice accessory!"
- Wind-Up's voice actor, Bob Bergen, is best known for recreating the voice of Porky Pig from the Looney Tunes Show.
- Whenever Wind-Up wears a hat, it constantly spins around.
- This might possibly be because of the wind-up key on his head.
- He, Bouncer, Magna Charge, Drill Sergeant, Jawbreaker, and Gearshift are the only Tech Skylanders to be fully robotic.
- However, he is the first one with an organic voice instead of a mechanical type.
- He, Jawbreaker, and Gearshift each have two legs instead of wheels for feet.
- His Soul Gem Spring-Loaded Crank adds +15 to speed in Swap Force.
- Whichever upgrade path Wind-Up chooses, his original turn key changes into a gyroscope with two gears in it.
- He is the only Skylander to be a toy both in game and figure.
- Wind-Up's official catchphrase sounds similar to Spyro's ("All Fired Up!"). This also applies to Gearshift ("All Geared Up!").
- ↑ Skylanders Universe: The Complete Collection, page 14