- “Nature Calls!”
- —Zoo Lou's official catchphrase
A wild and wooly warrior, Zoo Lou doesn't suffer fools gladly. He also is most likely to talk to animals, plants, and sometimes a pebble or two.
Descended from a long line of shamans, Zoo Lou traveled far and wide to the Seven Strange Strongholds – ancient, mysterious sites of great wonder in Skylands – where he studied the wisdom and fighting styles of the Seven Strange Mages. After many years of traveling and studying, Zoo Lou returned to find an army of trolls had invaded his sacred homeland to mine its natural magic resources. Zoo Lou’s warrior heart burned with fury. And having now mastered the enchanted art of communicating with nature and summoning animals, he unleashed his great mojo – attacking the trolls and single handedly freeing his lands once again. It was this heroic feat that caught the eye of Double Trouble, who then brought Zoo Lou to Master Eon and the Skylanders.
A bear shaman with a warrior's heart, Zoo Lou spent many years studying the wisdom of the Seven Strange Mages, gaining the ability to summon mystical animals to his side. When his studies were complete, he returned home, only to find it had been invaded by trolls. Zoo Lou flew into a rage, put his newly-acquired skills into action, and the entire troll army had to grin and 'bear' the beating of their lives. Double Trouble witnessed Zoo Lou's heroic deed and brought the shaman to Master Eon, who proceeded to make Zoo Lou a Skylander.
Stump Smash Crosses the Bone Dragon
Zoo Lou is able to summon three different animal spirits to help him in battle. The first animal spirit is a ghostly eagle that swoops down on enemies before disappearing. The second animal spirit he can summon is a wolf that can attack enemies, and will disappear after a while. The third animal spirit is a Boghog that Zoo Lou can ride, and trample enemies with. In the Story and Activity Book: Time Twisters, it is shown that Zoo Lou can talk to ordinary animals, and can even communicate telepathically with them.
|Several images are missing in Zoo Lou's upgrade list. If you have the high quality images of their respective upgrades from the game of Skylanders, please add them in the links that are on the list.
NOTE: Do NOT upload the upgrade pictures from darkSpyro.net due to the site watermarks plastered on those pictures. If there are already watermarked upgrade images, please feel free to replace them with un-watermarked versions.
- "Nature Calls."
- "Growing Stronger."
- "Ahead of the Pack."
- "Super-natural." - When leveling up
- "Feeling the power." - When leveling up
- "A big offering."
- "Precious stones."
- "Nature always wins."
- "Coming through."
- "The nature of the beast."
- "Moving ahead."
- "It's second nature."
- "My victory was foretold."
- "Nature took its course."
- "Things could get wild in here."
- "Wild and wooly."
- "The call of the wild."
- "A wild-looking head dress." - When wearing a hat
- "I look beastly."
- Zoo Lou's name is a play on Zulu.
- He is named after Lou Studdert, Activision's Production Coordinator for Skylanders.
- His mystical weapon slightly resembles the Green Lantern Corps' abilities to create things out of green light.
- He speaks with an African accent.
- If Zoo Lou chooses "The Wild Wolf", the spirit wolf becomes black with glowing green outlines.
- He resembles the comic book character Usagi Yojimbo, best known for his Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles appearances.
- On his artwork, the spirit birds face looks like Free Ranger, only without the crest.
- He, Double Trouble, Sonic Boom, and Sprocket are currently the only four Skylanders that can summon an ally as their secondary ability.
- He is currently the only Life Skylander on the 3DS to glide.
- He is similar to Banjo from Banjo-Kazooie. They are both bears who attack with the help of birds.
- Zoo Lou doesn't jump high as the rest of the Skylanders.